Arcade Fire new stuff 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard anything from the album yet, but I am really looking forward to it. I preferred Neon Bible to Funeral, so I know that tends to put me in the minority. I guess I feel somewhat like Pfan and LMP. While I love both albums, the songs on the NB seem to be more complete and flow better as an album. After the Tunnels, it seems almost as though the rest of the songs were added on with no particular order in mind. Maybe that's me. Granted I rarely listen to albums as a whole or chronologically since I usually have my iPod on shuffle, but it's something that's always stuck out to me. Regardless, they're both brilliant albums, and I can't wait to hear the new one.

I got to see that bill back in 2007. It was AWESOME.

If it makes you feel any better, I almost had a major car accident driving home afterwards.

Here in NYC that bill turned into a mini-festival with Blonde Redhead and 2-3 other bands and it was fabulous, got me into LCD and BH (already loved AF).

I saw AF at the Ottawa Bluesfest and they put on a very good show. Not as rambuctious as they were in their earlier years, but still solid. I, too, will see them in Montreal on Saturday.

I received my copy of "The Suburbs" in the mail yesterday. It's a solid album, but it's not as anthemic as "Funeral" or as thought-provoking as "Neon Bible". There are some excellent tracks ("Ready to Start", the dreamy "Suburban War", "Sprawl (Flatland)", and the unusually poppy "Sprawl II (Beyond the Mountains)"), but overall the album isn't as memorable as the first two. It's still quite good, though.

I'm not finding Sprawl II to be quite as awesome as some of you guys. I like it, don't get me wrong. But at this point it doesn't stack up with the big songs off the first two albums. I'll still take Tunnels, Rebellion, Wake Up, No Cars Go, Intervention, and Keep the Car Running.

But, yeah, this album is good.

I agree with you. I think "Ready to Start" is more the calling of the record. "Sprawl II" is more of a poppy, dance song that's quite different from the band's previous works.

now that this album is starting to settle in, Half Light 1 and 2 are really becomiing my favorites.

Is this record out legitimately yet?

N. American release date is this coming Tuesday, but the people who did pre-orders from the band's website had their orders dispatched early this week and many have already arrived (hoping mine is in my mailbox tonight, I think it was sent from California).

that sucks that i preordered the mp3's, lol! i bet they didn't dispatch that early yet.

GAF, i agree. not a weak song. i truly enjoy something about every song.

Been listening to it a ton and I really like it. I still have nostalgia for Funeral, but this is a fine album in its own right indeed. I wasnt even excited for it, so I'm pleasantly surprised

I have to say, I'm starting to get pretty excited to buy and listen to this mambo jambo.

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesday! Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday
Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday
Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday
Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuesday!

Tuesday.

I heard the tail end of one of the new songs this morning on KEXP. Can't mistake Win's voice. I wasn't sure which one it was, but I liked what I heard.

I can't wait until tomorrow! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom