Arcade Fire Neon Bible + Tour "Part Deux"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FitzChivalry said:

I am fine with Win's voice, I actually like his voice, but Regine's makes me want to poke out my eardrums with a SPORK!!!!

I HATE HER "SINGING"!!! It is so God-awful on the Arcade Fire EP and Funeral . . . . it's beyond words. She is so out of tune it's not even funny.

If she never "sang" again, even back-up, that would make me the happiest boy!!! :applaud:

It's funny how one of the things I love about the band is something someone else hates, her voice makes half the songs for me

FitzChivalry said:

You rock! Instead of telling me I'm a jerk for not agreeing with you and have no taste, which I was expecting as a backlash, you just respectfully disagree with me.

Thank you. :hug:

I diagree with you and I think you're a jerk

jk:wink:

anyway I full agree with you, I find her singing grating and or annoying :crazy:

FitzChivalry said:

I've been dying to post this, but I didn't want to be a raincloud with all the Arcade Fire love going around. But, since it has now been brought up . . . .

I am fine with Win's voice, I actually like his voice, but Regine's makes me want to poke out my eardrums with a SPORK!!!!

<snip>

I HATE HER "SINGING"!!! It is so God-awful on the Arcade Fire EP and Funeral . . . . it's beyond words. She is so out of tune it's not even funny.

If she never "sang" again, even back-up, that would make me the happiest boy!!! :applaud:

I agree with you about 80% She's not quite as grating on Neon Bible though as on Funeral (although I liked her vocals on Haiti :shifty: ).

count me in on the Arcade Fire bandwagon :hyper:

I've had "Neighborhood #3", "Rebellion (Lies)" and "Black Mirror" on repeat on the iPod for the past week.

Love her or hate her, we can all agree Regine sounds better than Joanna Newsom.

Pop Artist said:

I agree with you about 80% She's not quite as grating on Neon Bible though as on Funeral (although I liked her vocals on Haiti :shifty: ).

Her vocals on Black Wave/Bad Vibrations are fantastic. :drool:

There was one song that I hated off of Funeral because of Regine's voice. I really hated In the Backseat. I couldn't stand listening to it. BUT I've recently listened to it again, and I don't hate it anymore. But I still don't think that her voice is bad. I love Haiti, and Black Wave/Bad Vibrations because her voice sounds amazing! :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

she ruined that song for me:shrug:

Nah, if anything ruined it for me, it had to be that annoying "eating in the ghetto on a hundred dollar plate" line. It's crap. :eyebrow:

xaviMF22 said:

I diagree with you and I think you're a jerk

:laugh:

Pop Artist said:

She's not quite as grating on Neon Bible though as on Funeral

I will agree with this. My original post was directed at the AF EP and Funeral, however, on Neon Bible, I still don't like her singing, but she doesn't make me want to commit defenestration upon myself!!!

So I guess in that respect, she has "improved" since Funeral.

U2Man said:
i think she's great on neon bible.

ok, let me rephrase: regine is nowhere near being a great singer, but something about her performance on some of the songs is quite special.

FitzChivalry said:

I've been dying to post this, but I didn't want to be a raincloud with all the Arcade Fire love going around. But, since it has now been brought up . . . .

I couldn't stand Arcade Fire the first few times I heard them because I somehow managed to only hear the Regine-in-lead-vocals songs on Funeral. I had Funeral on my iPod for months and months before I, like all the masses, discovered "Wake Up" a la the Vertigo tour.

Sometimes I think that and then there are times I quite like her voice. I don't think her singing is anything special, it sounds better on Neon Bible than on Funeral though.

I've been listening to NB a lot lately and I have to say I'm really starting to love it. :up:

I like her voice. I can see how people wouldnt like it though...it can grind! I love her backing vocals in Well and the Lighthouse.

I find her voice adds a whimsical quality to most songs she sings on. Live, she's absolutely nuts - heart and soul of the band.

I don't think they would want to throw Win's vocals THAT far forward in the mix without heavy pitch correction :wink:

I find myself coming to Interference these days mainly to check out this Arcade Fire thread! Sometimes I don't even check the U2 ones!! :|

I'm not that crazy about either Win or Regine's vocals. They don't make me cringe or anything, I just don't get excited about them. To me that is Arcade Fire's only flaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom