Apprentice Finale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsp77

Refugee
I am very pissed about the finale. I thought both Randal and Rebecca were qualified and I said to my wife that Trump would hire both.

After he hired Randal and then made it clear that something else was going to happen, I thought, here it is, he will hire Rebecca too. Then he gave the decision to Randal and I thought Randal would say to hire Rebecca too since I thought they had respect for each other and he even said that she was like a little sister.

Instead, Randal said that this was not the Apprenti and that there should be only one winner. Well, that is fine, maybe there should be only one winner. However, Trump already chose Randal, making him the winner of the competition. Randal was already hired, meaning that the choice of whether to hire Rebecca was now a business decision, not a part of the game anymore. Randal was still viewing it as a game, even though Trump just said that this was not a game to him, it was business.

Ultimately, Randal made a selfish decision, not a business one. Now, if Randal truly thought that she did not belong in the Trump organization, then maybe I could understand him saying no. But Randal kept saying how much respect he had for her, so if he truly thought she was underqualified, then he had been lying for the entire show.

So either he made a selfish decision when he should have been making a business one or he is a liar. Either way, I think much less of him now.

You could tell that Trump truly expected Randal to say to hire Rebecca as well. Trump should have then fired Randal and hired Rebecca.

I agree w/ you, I semi-followed the season and I thought he was testing him, that he would fire him and hire Rebecca after he said that. He wanted to be the star and not share, maybe an egomaniac like Trump likes that sort of thing, I don't know.

I don't think any of these people will end up w/ permanent jobs w/ Trump anyway - I don't think any of the past winners have. I think that show has run it's course.

I agree with what you're saying, but Trump never should have put Randal in that position. Randal was somewhat selfish, but he wanted to be the sole winner, is that so wrong? Now, he comes across looking like a huge penis. Trump should've hired both at the same time or hire Rebecca after the fact and let Randal have his moment.

Not taking anything away from Rebecca, but she certainly milked that ankle injury for everything it was worth. It was a freaking broken ankle not a spinal cord injury.

I loved Randal all season and wanted him to win...but I really lost a lot of respect for him due to his decision. :down:

I think it was rediculous for Trump to put Randal in that position. I loved randal all season, I think he is a very smart guy. It was his night and the past aprentices didn't have to share the title, so why should he. Back in season 1 Kwame was probably better than rebbeca and he got jack shit from Trump. But I dont think we need to worry about Rebbeca she'll probably find a better job than Randal one day.

Shes only 23 and shes hot. :drool:

Bonochick said:
I loved Randal all season and wanted him to win...but I really lost a lot of respect for him due to his decision. :down:

You took the words right of my mouth Bonochick. Had Rebbeca won and Donald asked her if her should hire Randal , the feel for sure she would of said yes.

I don't know-I think RAndal was right-the show is called the Apprentice!! Not the Apprentices...anyways I think it was dunb of the Trump to put Randal in that position he just should have said you are both hired and that was that. Anyways I like Randal and have since day one..i think Rebeccas voice is like nails on a blackboard, though.

And I think Bill, winner of season one, still works for Trump. He was on the show alot this year.

ljclary said:
I don't know-I think RAndal was right-the show is called the Apprentice!! Not the Apprentices

Re-read my original post. Randal had already been picked and been hired. He was the winner. At this point, he was making a decision as an employee. But he thought about himself instead of the organization.

bsp77 said:

Re-read my original post. Randal had already been picked and been hired. He was the winner. At this point, he was making a decision as an employee. But he thought about himself instead of the organization.

I think's that a bit of a stretch to say that he was making the decision as an employee. He had won 30 seconds prior to Trump asking him. Wouldn't you be caught up in the celebration rather than already thinking as an employee?

randhail said:

I think's that a bit of a stretch to say that he was making the decision as an employee. He had won 30 seconds prior to Trump asking him. Wouldn't you be caught up in the celebration rather than already thinking as an employee?

True, but if I was caught up in the celebration, I would like to think that I would be a little nicer towards someone that I had said was like a little sister.

I am so happy that Randal won....if it were me I would have hired Rebecca as well ... It was a little selfish of him(Randal) but I can see why he wanted to be the one and only winner. He was caught up in the moment .... Both of them deserved to be hired IMO.
I hate rebecca's voice as well :huh:

bsp77 said:

True, but if I was caught up in the celebration, I would like to think that I would be a little nicer towards someone that I had said was like a little sister.

Fair point. I think if you asked Randal today, he probably would have a different answer. I would like to think that he was just caught up in things either that or he is a fantastic bullshitter.

randhail said:

Fair point. I think if you asked Randal today, he probably would have a different answer. I would like to think that he was just caught up in things either that or he is a fantastic bullshitter.

I actually do wonder if he feels really bad about it today.

bsp77 said:

I actually do wonder if he feels really bad about it today.

I bet he does feel like a big jerk.... Rebecca was on the Today show today and she was really classy and graceful about the whole thing she said that she would have hired him if she was in his shoes. She was also offered some kind of job for Yahoo.

Big mistake for Randal, IMO.

When you are in a position to help out another person and you actively choose NOT to help them, that's just terrible karma. And given how much value the Donald places on loyalty, it was an even dumber decision by Randal.

I don't think it should be looked at as helping someone out. This is big business and it should be based on business. I think Randal was an ass for saying no. For those who said Trump shouldn't have put him in that position - from that moment on he was an employee, I don't think with trump you work 9-5. He can pretty much call on you any time (even during a celebration) and you have to be on the ball. Especially as an apprentice, I would have taken the fact that Trump was asking that question as an implied "you won, but Rebecca would be a valuable asset too, so make your first big decision and effectively hire her right now"...
dumbass...for the first time all season he actually made a move that required balls and spine and he looks bad, haha (yes I am mean but I was thought it was not rhodes scholar like!!):madspit:

well, i bet Trump will hire Rebecca anyway...it's HIS company after all. and it's obvious that he wants her to work for him also. as for him asking Randal if he should hire rebecca, i thought that was a cheap shot--trump was playing to the tv audience, and probably expected randal to say yes. i say the chick still gets a job--i just hope i never have to hear her say "mr. trump" ever again!

I was an early Randal supporter, but he really pissed me off. He could have been much classier and claimed, "Yes, the show is called 'The Apprentice', not the 'The Apprenti', but Rebecca has many skills and talents and I think your organization could really benefit from hiring her in some capacity."

And I can't believe Rebecca is only 24. She shows maturity and class beyond her years. She still has ways to go, but she shows a lot of promise. I'm so glad she got this far instead of the elitist bitch, Toral, screechy voiced Kristi, or that cold-hearted cow, Alla.

alla made herself look stupid by slamming rebecca at the end. she totally revealed that she goes on personal stuff rather then business choices to have made those comments. she looked pretty foolish to have such bad judgement on a person that will clearly do well for being so young.

Back
Top Bottom