apples vs. oranges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
apples=

apple tarts
apple sauce
apple juice= cidona
cider=magners:drool: =cool tunes used in adverts

Definitely Apples as i love it for being able to do so much with them, oh and Magners' Cider sure is one of the best as well as a really great Apple pie!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

If we're talking specifically fruit, then oranges win. If it includes things made from said fruits, definitely apples.

Bananas beat them both, though:wink:

susanp6 said:
Definitely Apples as i love it for being able to do so much with them, oh and Magners' Cider sure is one of the best as well as a really great Apple pie!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Another Magners fan:drool:

Honestly any music by the Zombies, Donovan, any laid back 60's stuff just makes me want cider now:wink:

evillaurd said:
If we're talking specifically fruit, then oranges win. If it includes things made from said fruits, definitely apples.

Bananas beat them both, though:wink:

You said exactly what I was going to say right down to the bananas

Apples because you can use them to make my mom's apple crisp....:drool:

Apples, preferably tart ones. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and tend not to like soft foods either, so I don't like too many fruits. Although one of my favorites is a very tart citrus fruit called a sweet lime which is hard to find, in the US at least.

Apples without a question, I never ever get sick of them, :drool: I eat two or three apples every day, and I eat them whole which sometimes freaks people out. The only ones I don't like is those soft mushy apples, I like mine crisp and crunchy.

I love oranges as well but in small doses, otherwise they give me a rash.

^
Not to mention they're a rich source of fibre and important micro-nutrients :combust:

My family have a small apple orchard, so I should be partial to apples. The problem is the picking...it’s a lot of work. What we don’t get to in time falls to ground, destined to rot and return to the earth. I always feel sad for the ones we don’t get to at the very tops of the trees, the weak ones blown down by the wind...the ones bitten by frost that turn to mush. All of this aside, some of my greatest childhood memories revolve around harvest time: falling out of trees and laughing hysterically, standing under trees and having the world’s hardest piece of fruit drop on my head, and selling apples on the side of the highway with my cousins.

Then there’s the actual eating. You end up eating them just because they’re there...and each new apple somehow looks shinier and crisper than the one you scarfed down. I'll be the first to tell you: society is wrong...it is possible to eat too much fruit :sick:

Oranges contain a lot less personal baggage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom