Apples, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey folks. I'm not dead (yet).

Sorry I haven't been around this past week. After Charlotte left and other things happened, I pretty much just retreated into myself, hence my absence. I owe some of you PMs or IMs; I will endeavour to catch up on everything tomorrow/Saturday. Don't worry; I'm alright (now).

In positive news, I saw a couple of Pains Of Being Pure At Heart concerts over the last two nights. Their live show isn't much, but they played well and I had quite a good time - evidenced by the fact I enjoyed the first show enough to go back tonight. Glad I did, as they played a longer setlist and the performance in general was better. For those who know the songs, This Love Is Fucking Right, 103, Twins, Come Saturday, and Gentle Sons are particular live highlights. Stay Alive is more 'gazey and less jangly than in studio; you may or may not think this is a good thing (I prefer the jangle, but enjoy the raw live 'gazing too). On the first night they played a couple of new songs that are promising.

Also, I must look into the music of one of tonight's openers, The Smallgoods ... they played a solid set. And if you ever have the chance to see Parking Lot Experiments open for a band you actually want to pay money to see, do turn up early enough to see them just for sheer WTFery.

Anyway, I think I'll be around tomorrow. I've missed this place. You're all awesome people.

See you soon,
Ax

Hey guys, it's been a while - I've been busy busy and now in a few days I'm moving to Rwanda with the Peace Corps (finally!). I'll be there for over 2 years, although I will attempt to make it to Paris and Brussels for the shows I have tickets to in September. Thought about Zurich, but not sure I can get off that much time...

Anyway, you can catch me blogging at enrootrwanda.blogspot.com.

Holy shit, Vazza!

Holy shit, Rwanda! Best of luck with that, wow.

Should I stay or should I go? I don't know. I know I said last night I was leaving but...I miss this place and the people I care about too much. Ugh. :|

I don't know about you, but this is my online home. For the last couple of days, the Intarwebz had been very boring without the Superthread, hence my realisation I was ready to come back out of the corner I'd retreated to.

Yeah. I guess I shouldn't be too hasty to just fuck off when there are still plenty of people here who mean a lot to me. I have too many of The Good Times around here :)

Good, But if you WERE, I'd be taking over the place. This would be the Tori Thread.I'd go to awesome locations Like Little Amsterdam, Jamaica Inn...and well thats about all probably.

Seriously guys, If you did leave, I would probably become very infrequent here. Its depressing even looking at this thread where NOTHING has happened for days. I don't wanna leave and be stuck with The Afterglow crew discussing what Tori wears and that shit. "Oh I don't really like that dress she wore" OH WELL SHE PLAYED A FUCKING DIFFERENT SETLIST!

/ah randomness.

off to lunch :wave:

:hug: Daniel, I know. I didn't realise how much I enjoyed posting here and how it really was part of my daily life until everything went to shit. We won't let this place fall apart, don't you worry!

See you later :wave:

Back
Top Bottom