Anyone seen/going to see No Doubt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lylas

The Fly
Got tickets for No Doubt on May 10! Can sorta relive my last U2 concert going experience by seeing the opening act again. All the seats are General Admission too! Anyone else going? Anyone gone to one of the shows yet and knows how General Admission works for No Doubt?

hee hee...you already know my viewpoint!
biggrin.gif

Dallas (or TX) folks...how about a mini-reunion at the Bronco Bowl?

Well I really want to, but we have a big inspection at work coming up which may not allow me the time
frown.gif

Saw them March 25 in San Jose.

The entire place was GA so I dont really know how they work it in different venues, but I got there at like 6pm and there was the longest line I have ever seen in my life. Got in and was maybe like 20 rows from the front. (Lots of people grabbed seats) Stood through 2 of the worst opening bands I've ever seen in my life. Everyone was booing them. By the time No Doubt came on, me and my friend were sweating, smashed, couldnt breathe and feeling miserable. They opened with Hella Good and everyone around us was jumping up and down insanely. Smash smash smash.

So we ended up getting out of the front and going to the back of the floor where we could dance freely and enjoy the show.

No Doubt fans are pretty harsh. Gwen said something about their next stop being LA and the crowd BOO'D them!!! wtf???
rolleyes.gif

But it was a good show, Gwen looked great.. and here's most of the setlist that I can remember.

Hella Good
Ex-Girlfriend
Bathwater
Dont Speak
Just a Girl
Sunday Morning
Rock Steady
Spiderwebs
Simple Kind of Life
Hey Baby
Detective
Start the fire
Underneath it all
In my head
erm... and some hard rock song at the end..

Hmm, hopefully the Dallas No Doubt fans will be less harsh. Disco, you and I should maybe show up a little early if we want to get good spots on the floor, though I'll have to think about whether or not I want to get smashed. Actually, there might not be as many early comers here, since I think they are probably more popular in California. The Dallas show is sold out, but it took a while.

Thanks for the info Sicy! Too bad about the opening bands. I think one of them will be the same for Dallas, The Faint. Maybe they've gotten better by now? We'll have to see.

[This message has been edited by lylas (edited 04-04-2002).]

The Faint is the absolute most horrendous music I have ever heard.

Early = good thing. HELLA good thing.
wink.gif

I didn't realize it was all GA - and after the *cough*fun*cough* I experienced getting smooshed at 3 U2 shows (and Sicy's experience)....hmmm....I'd love a little dancin' room meself....
biggrin.gif

*sniff*

i wanna go see them in atlanta. but i don't know anyone who will go with me. bill said he'd come on the trip with me, but he wouldn't go to the concert. i couldn't stand to go to a concert all by myself.
frown.gif

------------------
the city walls are all pulled down, the dust a smoke screen all around...
ME! all day, every day!
"...a poptart in pants..." -- elizabeth

One time I went to a concert by myself cuz I got in a fight with my boyfriend and we were throwing tickets back and forth arguing about stupid crap and finally I just said fuck it, I'm going. I'm not going to sit here and fight and waste a perfectly good concert ticket.

Back
Top Bottom