Anyone remember the show Pete & Pete?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
A co-worker and I were talking about this Nickelodeon show a few days ago. Anyone remember this quirky show about two brothers named Pete?
The show always had super cool guest stars like Iggy Pop, Steve Buschemi, Julianna Hatfield. and of course Michael Stipe as Captn. Scrummy. :D
P.S. I just recently bought the soundtrack to the show by Polaris (aka Miracle Legion) and it's great, makes me happy.

:yes: I remember it.. I haven't seen it since I was a pretty little, though. The only episode I remember well is the one where Pete is sick and has the cereal up his nose. :lol: I wish Nickelodeon would replay some of their old shows from the early 90's. :(

I would LOVE if there were a DVD of the shows. There were so many great and weird characters like the underware inspector, Mr. Tastee and Pit Stain. --- That's quality entertainment right there.

I remember Pete and Pete! Although, I don't remember celebrity cameos, because I was too young to know who the hell they were. What a shame. My favorite show from that era was Hey, Dude.

I think Nick plays those old shows really late at night. Someone told me that they found Nick Arcade on at like 3:00 am last weekend. That takes me back. And I've heard that the show were you race through the temple and the teams are named after animals is on the Game Show Network. What the hell was that show called?

I remember that show!! I liked it alot. :up:

The elder Pete has popped up in recent years which always weirds me out.

Hey Dude, Pete and Pete, Ren and Stimpy, Are You Afraid of the Dark...good times.

I miss Pete and Pete.
The mom with the plate in her head, Petunia the tattoo(was that the right name?).
"Bite my scab, blo hole"

madonna's child said:
I remember Pete and Pete! Although, I don't remember celebrity cameos, because I was too young to know who the hell they were. What a shame. My favorite show from that era was Hey, Dude.

I think Nick plays those old shows really late at night. Someone told me that they found Nick Arcade on at like 3:00 am last weekend. That takes me back. And I've heard that the show were you race through the temple and the teams are named after animals is on the Game Show Network. What the hell was that show called?

That show was called "Legends of the Hidden Temple" or something like that.

Nesskelz17@aol. said:

That show was called "Legends of the Hidden Temple" or something like that.

Oh, I wanted to be on that show so bad. I always thought the kids who actually played it were retarded. :mad:

wow. our generation had the best shows on nickelodeon in the early 90s. my favorite was clarissa explains it all. there was also salute your shorts and what would you do and guts and omg so many good shows! now if i ever have it on nick (which is rarely) the shows are very strange and just not as good as the old stuff. its weird because i was thinking about pete and pete yesterday......"slackers" was on comedy central and the older pete is in that movie. good stuff!

I remember watching Clarissa Explains It All as well. That girl, what's her name Mellissa someone someone, must have been 30 by the time her last show ended. She managed to play a high school girl for, what, 10 years?
:sigh: I wish I had those youth genes...

All those shows were great.

Does anybody know the name of that one show on Nickelodean that was about the summer camp? It was in the early 90's. Or maybe I'm just making up stuff again

nick_u2 said:
All those shows were great.

Does anybody know the name of that one show on Nickelodean that was about the summer camp? It was in the early 90's. Or maybe I'm just making up stuff again

Yeah that was 'salute your shorts' as i mentioned earlier. camp anawana or something like that. hilarious show! :laugh:

i watched that stuff for the brief period in the mid-90s when i had cable. good times.

I LOVED Pete & Pete. Really innovative.

My GOD the Legend of the Hidden Temple show. I used to come home from softball practice and eat dinner in front of the TV to that shit every damn week. That game show was sort of ridiculous, I thought. Kind of like Double Dare. They would just do the weirdest activities. Human s'mores, what?

Salute Your Shorts was good! Hey, Dude was filmed like a block from my house when I lived in Tucson, AZ a few years ago. That BLEW my mind.

I liked the Angry Beavers, too. I think that was late 90s, though. :reject:

I remember Pete and Pete, but not very well. I think I loved it, though.

I use to watch something called Hey Dude on Nickelodeon. Or maybe it was the Disney Channel. It drove my brother crazy, though. Anyone else remember that one?

Gee whiz - even a discussion about Nickelodeon makes me feel ancient these days!! :eyebrow:

My fav's on Nick were You Can't Do That on Television - God how my brother & I used to love that show! - and the short-lived Turkey TV (which was snippets of various comedians, funny little animated skits, etc.). As a matter of fact, if my geezer's brain still serves me well, I believe the "slime" which has become such a part of Nickelodeon started on YCDTOT....anytime someone said "I don't know", they got slimed.

Ahh....good times. :p

I loved "You Can't Do that on Television". I wish they would start reairing it.

Keocmb said:
Hey, Dude was filmed like a block from my house when I lived in Tucson, AZ a few years ago. That BLEW my mind.

:ohmy:

My neighbor used to work at bank that was a few blocks away from the area where the show was filmed. (I think it was by Bear Mountain?) A few of the actors were frequent customers. In fact, I used to have an autographed dollar signed by the kid that played Buddy. I spent the dollar a week later on candy. :|

:lol: Yeah I remember all those shows....

Does any one remember Today's Special? I used to love that show :D (of course that was back in the 80s lol)

Does anyone remember the name of the show--it wasn't YCDTOT--but it was like a younger version of SNL, only it was done in a warehouse, and all the props they used were pieces of trash?

The one guy always played "the dad" and he had a motorized armchair that had a t.v., barbecue and stuff attached, and he drove around in it.

It was on before Ren and Stimpy and Are You Afraid Of the Dark, it was their big Friday night line-up.

AvsGirl41 said:
Does anyone remember the name of the show--it wasn't YCDTOT--but it was like a younger version of SNL, only it was done in a warehouse, and all the props they used were pieces of trash?

The one guy always played "the dad" and he had a motorized armchair that had a t.v., barbecue and stuff attached, and he drove around in it.

It was on before Ren and Stimpy and Are You Afraid Of the Dark, it was their big Friday night line-up.

All That?

AvsGirl41 said:

Ooh.. that was Roundhouse!

4a37fbfe.jpg

:heart:

http://www.art-5.com/television/programs/comedy/sketch_comedy/roundhouse/

A_Wanderer said:
Ninja Turtles all the way :D Heroes in a half shell, turtle power!

they were on CBS. i remember this cos CBS only worked during the summer. stupid antenna.

Roundhouse! That was it, thanks Queen Bee! :)

Rocko's Modern Life, that was awesome. Bizarre too. I seem to remember it coming back, but in a really "clean" version...

Back
Top Bottom