Anyone pick up the Lord of the Rings soundtrack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I got it and I Llllllllove it! Concerning Hobbits and Lothlorien are probably the best, along with the Enya songs. Definitely lookin' forward to the film now. Hoo boy.

Yes. You must see it. Avid readers beware, the first half of the movie (up to Rivendell) leaves out quite a bit, but it works to speed the movie along given the 3 hour length.

yes, DO see this movie. Best of the year. Quite simply...enchanting and the way that movies ought to be.

Best quote of the movie is easily when Saruman is speaking to Gandalf

"Your liking of the halflings' weed seems to have slowed your head" or something to that effect

my favorite....

One of the hobbits (I forget which)
"What about breakfast?"
"You've had breakfast."
"But what about second breakfast?"
"errr, I don't think he knows about second breakfast."
"Do ya think he knows about midday snack, and lunch, and tea, and supper, and dinner???"

lmao.

biggrin.gif

Also, what did you think about Frodo's eyes as he was beginning to become a wraith just before Rivendell?

And Bilbo's "Gollum" moment before he finally gave the ring up for good, I thought it was really creepy. You know his eyes and teeth, etc...

Bilbo's Gollum moment freaked the HELL out of me. *shudder* Probably the scariest part of the movie for me because it was so sudden and so hideous.

What are you looking forward to the most in the next movies?

Personally, I want to see the Ents, and I really want to see Legolas and Gimli's friendship develop, Legolas was always my favorite. Oh yeah and Eowyn vs. the Witch King!

Bit of a spoiler here, folks, should anyone read this who hasn't read the books...(though you absolutely have to! The books are still much superior to the movie, excellent though the movie is!)

I'm especially looking forward to SHADOWFAX!!! The horses were great in this movie (especially in the flight to the ford!), but it just gets better because Shadowfax is the coolest horse of all time! Paired with Gandalf, my favourite character, who was so well acted by Ian McKellen.

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-21-2001).]

I'm getting the soundtrack for xmas. I can't wait! I've heard "May it Be", it's a nice song; very fitting.

My favorite parts of the movie were the quit times like when Gandalf and Frodo were talking in Moria. I was in tears a little then but I absolutley sobbing when Sam came crashing through the forest at the end, and would have drowned just to go with his friend. I always found that art of the book very moving, the great shows of friendship and the stirring love and compassion Gandalf has for the hobbits. I'm glad they didn't lose those in the movie.

Also, the fighting scenes are damn cool!! Legolas was deadly with the bow, I couldn't help but smile.

I look forward to shelob, the ents, and the battles of Helms Deep and Pellenor. Oh, but to have to wait a year!!

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

Originally posted by Basstrap:

Also, the fighting scenes are damn cool!! Legolas was deadly with the bow, I couldn't help but smile.

The f****** cave troll! When Legolas gets on his head and shoots the arrow down! I was like, "yeah, elves kick some arse". Legolas has always been my favorite. I also liked the scene with Legolas walking on the snow and everyone else trudging along the Caradhras pass.

Legolas was awesome! To be honest, a lot of the other elves I didn't like a lot. I thought that the first one they met when they entered Lothlorien was just plain creepy. But Legolas came across as a handsome and thoughtful man...uh, elf...of action!

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom