Anyone live in or near Middletown, NY? - Start a band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Babyface
Hi, my name is Ender. Some of you may actually know me - I've posted here a few times about my band Starways Congress.

I'm posting here because I really know no where else to post. I'm getting really disenchanted with what's going on with this band. I won't get into details, but this is why I'm here.

I'm moving to Middletown, NY, more than likely around this time next year. I'm looking to start a band down there with anyone who is interested, probably within the ages of 22-28 or something like that. I want to do original music, I want to take over the world... you know, the gratuitous messianic complex. LOL. And I'm looking for people who have similar influences...

Those being, U2 (obviously), Coldplay, Collective Soul, Smashing Pumpkins, Oasis, Garbage, INXS, Stabbing Westward, Tea Party, Spacehog and the like. I don't want to make noise music, like metal, or pop, like what's on the charts now, or diaper music, like Blink 182 or New Found Glory or Good Charlotte. I want to stand apart. I want to occupy our own spectrum. I want to be closer to Coldplay than Hoobastank.

Whatever this collective sound is is what it is, but the point is that... I'm ambitious. I want to do the work, take time and consideration with the art of it... you know, REALLY care about it, set some goals and achieve them. I'm almost 25 and i'm getting restless because this is all I want to do.

On top of that, I'm a singer. And songwriter. I don't want to write all the songs a la Billy Corgan, I want the band to have a hand in that, although I have a ton of songs at enderhq.com of which there are a few I'd like to incorporate and let the band experiment with. Other than that, it's a group effort. But I have a really good songwriting instinct, I'm a smart lyric writer and I'm always getting better as a singer. These things are said in confidence, not conceit. I know I'm good at these things, and I HAVE to be if it's what I want to do.

Do I want to be a rock star? Yes. Do I have to be? No. I just want to get out there, pour my heart out, make the art something good, get a contract and tour the world and turn people on. It sounds corny, and maybe it's the Bono in me, but I want to change the world. I want to help people, I want to make people think. Music today on the radio is just so bland and says nothing. I want to reignite the passion of what it really means to do this. I want to take up the challenge. I want to go somewhere with this and up here, in northern NY, in the boonies, it's impossible. People think with their heads in the clouds, which is fine, cos i do too, but you need to have your feet on the ground still, you know?

Anyway, if you're interested, please check out enderhq.com and take a listen to the tunes. They're all there in real audio.

I know it seems as though I'm asking a lot, or maybe being a "dictator". I'm not. I'm trying to find people who want what I want. After that, I can probably rest easy. Right now, it's just... pulling teeth. And that's not right.

I can be contacted on AIM as Lemonymous, and my email is ender@enderhq.com . Please if you're at all interested, please let me know.

I know I'm too ambitious for my own good, but I always set my sights high. This is all I want to do with my life. I'm looking to meet new people, make new friends, and tour the world with them. That means the most to me.

Thanks all.
Take Care,
Ender

i used to live near middletown. uh...i don't anymore.

no one posted, so i thought i'd just say hi.

in my town, there's a local band website, with missing member pages, i'd try a google search.

if i didn't live 2000 miles away, i'd start one with you.

google search? what should i search for exactly? or how?

Thanks.
Ender

thanks. I'll check those out!

I really appreciate it!!!

:)

Ender

We try to avoid cross-posting in different forums. I had seen this thread in LS and debated whether or not to move it to here or to the Even Better... forum. You already started a thread there, and I think that might be a better spot for it, so I'm going to close this thread. Anybody interested in replying to this topic should go here:

http://forum.interference.com/t93708.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom