anyone here probs with weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
please please, if anyone here has been down this road, or knows someone who has finally put some on......Im talkin puttin on weight........let me know.............I need to know.

thank u.
I know I have been here before but I seem to be bouncin.

well if your posts are any indication of the way you move your body, you gotta slow down and sit still!!!
Seriously, you seem like the sort of person who would burn fat at the speed of light, maddie!

Have you tried weight training? It will build your muscles and will make you weigh more. Its a wonderfully healthy thing to do also and will keep you living longer than those who don't.

yes but......the stupid ting was I figured if I DONT exercise, I will pile on a bit................now it feels like days and days to get some on, then worry or anxiety must immediately take it off again.....................yes lots here mentioned one time go see ur doctor....no no NO!!!!!!

Maddie is determined if Maddie knows she is/was not alone and someone gave advice on a program with food calories and stuff......

I use dumbells at home..........is that any good? to me if u are a bit petite, but surely its 'wastes' any bit of fat away.....

Im so sorry to be a pain (moderators) or anyone.......as this was discussed before...but I have been trying to work with it.....and all I do is bounce from fine to not.....fine to not.........fine to not........

Its physical exercise that will burn the fat. WEight training will build muscle so you will be bigger.
When I first started going to the gym as a kid, I did mainly weights and not much physical exercise and i actualy ended up being heavier because I didnt burn much fat but built up muscle.
You need a combination of both, but if you do weights, they will definitely make u heavier and look bigger.
I'd go to a gym and ask them how you can do it because you don't want to be stuffing yourself with bad foods to put on weight.

Ok Zoopy, I will take ur advice for now and ask tomorrow night, I have asked twice before, but felt a bit stupid..........cause its like u feel u are being looked at like u got two heads............and I hate discussing it with other pple around......I feel the instructor, or they, are laughing at me.......but no harm in trying again I suppose.............heres hoping.....
smile.gif
ta Zoops....
smile.gif

What manda says is correct. Ask any trainer and they'll tell you the same.
wink.gif
Combine aerobic activity that gets your heart rate up (like running, dancing, football, whatever you like) and do that for 20-30 minutes at least 3-4 times a week, and do some weight training 2 or 3 times a week. The point is to gain lean muscle mass which burns calories faster overall...even when you're just sitting on your arse.
biggrin.gif
Don't worry, you won't get big muscles like Mr. Universe...that takes a lot more testosterone than we women have naturally.

Good luck!

Actually, what people are saying here is correct. I'm pretty thin too so I started running a few weeks ago and I gained a few pounds! Mind you, it's important to continue eating in the process.

Hey maddie, I agree with a lot of what people above said, but I wouldn't over do the aerobic excerise.
Weight training would be very good for you.

When my Grandma was very sick (not that I am saying you are) she lost alot of weight... Her doctor recommended she eat those Boost meal replacements between meals. (I am not talking slimfast). This increases your calorie intake which should hopefully cause you to put on some weight. I think they are full of good stuff because they are designed for things like this.

Here's what Mrs. U2Alabama and I did tonight:

-45 sit-ups
-45 push-ups (she didn't do the push-ups)
-ran for 20 minutes
-went to Arby's & got 5 ArbyMelts for $5, plus a large Curly Fries.

We do the sit-ups, push-ups, and running about 3 times a week.

~U2Alabama

Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
I do this 3 times a day 5 days a week and I'm in great shape!

Let me clarify:

We SPLIT all of this; I ate 2 ArbyMelts, she ate 1, and we split the curly fries; we will each have 1 to take to work tomorrow.

I do not think you should eat so many ArbyMelts and Curly Fries, Juan Swallow.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom