Anyone Here Like Sam Roberts? His New Album Is Out Tomorrow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
For those who don't know much about him, here's a brief bio:
http://www.muchmusic.com/music/artists/bio.asp?artist=397

Here's a cute, sliightly obnoxious review of his last album, but a positive review nonetheless:
http://www.robotfist.com/020904/020904_33.html

I really like his stuff...sure, it's pop, but it's "good" pop...pop with an edge...it's how rock music used to be, with contemporary rhythm and production. 'Don't Walk Away Eileen' from his last album, The Inhuman Condition, has to be the best song the Stones wished they had written when they were still good. And of course we all know about 'Brother Down', one of the best summer songs of last year.

His new album We Are All Born In A Flame is due out tomorrow. Curiously, the cover art is strikingly familiar:

wewereborninaflame.jpg

It's no Joshua Tree, but still....

Last edited:
I LOVE SAM ROBERTS!!! I saw him open for the Hip in like October and they were GREAT. I love "Don't walk away eileen" and "brother down" and will most definitely be buying the new album...highest of recommendations, everyone should check Roberts out.

:wave:

thanks for the reminder, Michael! I have an ep of his with Brother Down, etc. on it....it was enough to tie me over until his album :lol:
I know a few ppl who've seen him in small clubs in Montreal...and said he kicked mucho ass...
I did see him on the Junos...great performance even tho he was pretty winded...but then I guess he was winded because he was running around like crazy. *yep call me Einstein* :lol:

Meh... he's not bad. I'll have to hear more of his stuff before I reach a verdict on buying his album(s).

PS- Was I the only one who thought he totally ripped off Dexy's Midnight Runners?

:sexywink:

I just picked up the record today. I'd heard nothing of this guy aside from the singles, but I have to say I'm really happy I picked this up.
It's plain ol' good rock n roll, and that's what been sorely missing from pop music over the past few years. Great lyrics too :up:

This is sort of how I imagine the next U2 record sounding, in terms of style at least...

Last edited:
I saw him at the Marquee Club here in Halifax a couple months back. He was great. It was my first usage for my new fake ID. (shhh....) ;)

I'm getting the album (as soon as I can get some $$).

i really like him. i have his ep but i'm not sure if i'll get his album or not. maybe when i get some more money.

Hey everyone,

I just picked up the album yesterday. It's GREAT. And Dorian Gray, I completely get what you're saying about the style of the next U2 album probably being similar to this album. I can totally see that. Very rock n' roll, but very melodic. Tons of harmony! I love it. This will be the album that will forever remind me of summer, 2003.

Speaking of Summer 2003, Sam Roberts is playing the Coca-Cola Stage at the Calgary Stampede. Maybe I'll check it out.

Along with Stampede Queen.

:sexywink:

Kelowna eh?

Does its smelly reputation proceed itself?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom