Anyone here in a Rock Band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
Well, I am. I was just wondering if there is a place on Interference where bands post their music, shows, stuff like that. I think it would be quite interesting to hear the music fellow U2 fans make. My band is called Lo Deya. We've been together for about 3 years, and are based in NYC. I can't wait to quit my job and tour. We're planning on recording our 2nd album in the summer. Check out our website, we've got MP3s up. Anyone else got MP3s of the music they make?

www.Lodeya.com

Gracias-Scott

They do amazing things with recorders these days. My brother has a 10 track digital recorder w/ built in drum and bass machines. It makes him a whole band by himself.

well, your site looks good, i cant listen to the stuff now however, no sound cards allowed on my work pc.....

will check it out at home, what kind of music? what bands were you influenced by?

have you gotten any airplay from indie radio stations?

sorry for the 20 questions, :wink:

We've been played on quite a few college stations, when our record came out in July 2001. I think we wound up top 3 on CMJ for Adds. We also got a nice review in CMJ, they mentioned we sounded like Travis or Radiohead, but I don't really agree w/ that.
We essentially do 3 kinds of songs: the weepy ballad, the great pop tune, and the dark angry song. Our singer is quite good, she makes it easy for the rest of us.

ya, last summer and this coming summer again i will be.

were kind of like sloan in the sense that other than the drummer, everyone else changes between singing, rythm guitar, lead, and bass guitar.

i hope that if we do in fact get together in summer that we go for a more drum dominated sound with e-bows on our guitars. maybe not the most original, but we could work on it.

I'm in a band; a one man band actually. I play for audiences of 2 or 3, that is until they figure out that I'm attempting to play music. Anyone interested in an amateur guitar player? I also play the symbols and a mean cowbell...

cow bell, huh?

(insert some witty comment here, i'm fresh out of them)

Gee... you'd think a rock n' roll doggie would be quick with the wits...

you would think so wouldn't you...yeah, i'm a disgrace to my label, i know

www.already-gone.com :)

we had our first show last night

there will probably be video of it or, at least, audio..since it was both videotaped and recorded

it was one the of most exhilirating[sic] experiences of my life!! i was on a weird high from it for hours after!!

for now, we only have one mp3...it's a bit rough...but gets better as it goes -> www.already-gone.com/mp3
it's called Until I Feel Again. There are also acoustic mp3's which you should be able to find off the website. The best one is Trapped - the others are so so...we don't play them anymore

cheers!

MrBrau...

that is, indeed a very nice website
I really look forwad to downloading some of those mp3's!

Hi MrBrau...I am by default. I married a musician/soundman. He has been playing in bands every other weekend for 30+ years. I have been with him for 23 of them. It's been loads and loads of fun. I love the scene...well most of the time.
He also works at a music college and recording studio. We haven't produced anyone famous...yet!!But it's a delight to watch things develop.
My son who is in his senior year of high-school now has a band. YIKES!! they are rehearsing here later today...they use ALL my electricity, so I don't get to come here much. grrrrrrrrrrr. The guy that owns the studio is going to let them have a day there on the cheap if my hub does the engineering and mix down. I don't think those lads quite appreciate what he does for them, providing them with a PA, repairing their gear..lending them MY car!!
No, I AM delighted for them, music is the stuff of life.
Good luck with your band . Lo Deya..I hope to see you on RAGE one day...even better a tour of Oz.

PS: If any Aussie's rock in here...Venue Music has a sale on at the moment. The Behringer V-Amp is a great price, they are handy things. And 2xXM8500 mics for $99. Bargain!

Back
Top Bottom