Anyone heard of group called Wire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guaca

Refugee
I've been looking everywhere and can't seem to find it. It's a long story but have any of you ever heard of a groups called Wire. They weren't around for very long, and it was way back probably 85 or 86. They had the same sound as The Alarm and U2 and I think they were scottish or something - they had a song called "The Bridge". They had a very heady sound. I have lost the album and am trying to recoup it but I can't find it anywhere.

Was anyone around back then who heard of em and can help me out?

Thx

Hi WhackaMole, love the name. I think Wire started out as a punk band, but I don't remember any of their stuff. You should check out Amazon, they'll probably have some of the albums. Or download WINMX or Audiogalaxy.

G'luck

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

"I can't get no sleep."

For a minute there I thought I was losing my mind. I'm glad someone else has heard of them, well sort of.
Thx for the info I'll check it out.

A music magazine I know released a list with the most important punk-albums, among them "Pink Flag" by Wire.

------------------
Take the money and run

yep. Wire is one of those bands that all the critics know about, but hardly anyone else does. "seminal" is the word they like to use for bands like this, and big star, black flag, etc.

Back
Top Bottom