anyone following the Tour De France?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BabyGrace

Refugee
I'm surprised to not see anything mentioned about it here, but then again I'm blind half the time so I might have missed it...

who saw Lance Armstrong win the 13th stage yesterday? looks like he will be winning the big prize again. that guy is so unbelievably amazing; I'd give anything to just once feel the way he does when he's biking, to be an athlete that great!!
I mean his cadence is double what other guys' cadence is while he's climbing right at the end of the race..it's unreal!
I heard they did studies on him and found out that his VO2 whatever (sorry I have no clue what I'm talking about now) is almost beyond human it's that efficient.
well whatever, he's great to watch and he deserves to win again.

I find the strategizing during the races really interesting too; I don't follow bicycling that much but my dad is a huge fan. He was trying to explain it to me but I don't get how Lance was trying to repay the German guy for spying by letting him win the stage. Supposedly yesterday was the most important stage, so wouldn't it be bad for Lance's race to let him win it, even though he is ahead? this is too complicated for me :D

anyone else have any thoughts on anything tour de france related? lol

yeah, i've kinda been following through the newspaper and sportscenter. happy to see that armstrong is winning. he is an amazing person.

if you want to read a truly inspirational story of one man's courage I highly recommend you purchase the book
"It's Not About The Bike:My Jouney Back To Life"

Yes I've been watching it. We even had a British bloke win a stage today, believe me that's a miracle in itself!

And yes, everyone should read Lance Armstrong's book. I mean everyone.

BabyGrace

you are right, LA has the highest ever recorded V02 max ever tested at the University of Texas Human Performance lab.

It is a measure of the volume of oxygen you can use during exercise. This is important for people who are involved in endurance sports. The higher the number the better.

If you are at all interested in Lance - I suggest his book, It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life. I see this is mentioned, but needs to be again. Really though anyone should read this book, it is so good.

thanks guys, actually I'm looking for a book to read since the last one I tried sucked so I'll go get this one. nothing can be more inpiring than his story anyway, I'd love to read more about it.

yeah DiGi, that's what I was talkin bout :D
thanks for confirming that, I knew I heard it somewhere!

I love watching the Tour De France each year, mainly for the scenery that they ride in- France sure does look like one nice place to be in in their Summer and I really liked seeing Robbie McEwan win the final stage down the Champs Ellysee and win the green jersey.....

Aussie
Ausse
Ausse

oi
oi
oi!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom