Anyone else not stand Gwen Stefani's new song??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:

I'm sure there are some people who genuinely like the song. Frankly though, I was disappointed by it. Do I like it? Well, it's catchy...gets stuck in my head...but it just seems so...throwaway. I was hoping for something a little more solid from Gwen. Ah, well.
:up:

Nate Dogg said:
She is a self-proclaimed "guilty pleasure".

She's the one who should feel guilty...for putting out such crap.

Okay, that was harsh, I'm sorry.

No I'm not.

Okay, I kind of am.

I didn't mean it, Gwen.

Okay, I did.

Dammit.

:|

UnforgettableLemon said:
Come on, I like Aqua. I liked them in 1997, i like them 8 years later. So, given my affinity for weirdness, I think I'll probably still enjoy it in a year. I like quirky pop. :shrug:

hahaha, wow, I guess that also explains why I never change the channel when the WYWF video comes on, it's so weird and off the wall, I like it more very time I see it

let me tell you all a story. there was once a young cali-punk band named sublime who was looking for a lead singer. a young girl named gwen stefani auditioned and got the part. shortly, thereafter, she formed her own catchy cali-punk band called no doubt. she transformed from edgy, exciting music, to pop-alternative and adult contemporary, to bubble-gum top-40 pop. what happened??????

Anirban said:
let me tell you all a story. there was once a young cali-punk band named sublime who was looking for a lead singer. a young girl named gwen stefani auditioned and got the part. shortly, thereafter, she formed her own catchy cali-punk band called no doubt. she transformed from edgy, exciting music, to pop-alternative and adult contemporary, to bubble-gum top-40 pop. what happened??????

i'll tell you what happened:

no doubt started out playing a mediocre version of pop-third wave ska. it didn't get them very successful, so they turned down the ska, turned up the pop, and 'tragic kingdom' was born.

"don't speak" gained pretty decent exposure for the band, and they realized (or their label realized) that they could never return to the ska thing, and that in order to become even more successful, they'd have to keep going down this road.

further down the spiral, meet GS's solo album.

Back
Top Bottom