Anyone else heard Thicke's "When I get you alone"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
It uses a Beethoven sample (you'd definitely recognize it if you heard it), and it's a groovy song! :dance:

The video features the singer riding on a bycicle, riding around the town, delivering mail to various places, and occasional dancing.

Dumb thing to sample...he went from being "Dr. Seaver's son" to being "that Beethoven wannabe DJ".

Him and Crazytown should tour together.

Dr Seaver's son? I don't know about that, this Beethoven-sample song is the first thing I ever heard from him...

Not related, but I saw Madonna's American Life video (the new version, with flags) - and it has, among others, the flag of my country! During the rap, when she sings "I have a jet" you can see it. That was also the best thing about it, though.
I thought "music" was a bad song, but American Life... :banghead: There is virtually no melody - just the computery sounds, the lyrics are just :shrug: no good. And that HAS to be the worst rapping I ever heard.

u2girl, "computery" sounds are a billion times better than your typical garbage unimaginative guitar chord trash.

as for the song, i havent heard it.

:lol: bear

I don't know...sometimes effects can be cool - if they don't drown out the tune. (hm...I kind of liked the effect from Cher; until others started copying it)

Hey U2girl,

From what I've heard, the song is pretty groovy, but I have not heard the whole thing.

And the Dr. Seaver stuff--the singer's father used to be on a popular American sitcom called Growing Pains, which was kind of cheesy and family-oriented. Kirk Cameron got famous for being on the show, if you've heard of him. Anyway, that's just fyi, in case you haven't figured out what everyone else is talking about.

I don't know about sampling Beethoven, but the guy seems funky. I'd give the rest of his music at least one listen.

He didnt necessarily sample Beethoven, but he did sample the disco hit "Fifth of Beethoven" which you can find on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

That being said, I quite enjoy that Thicke song, and the video that accompanied it. I heard that the rest of his album is quite inconsistant in comparison to the song.

Thanks for the info, Heartlandgirl! I rememer Growing pains being aired here on some commercial channel - and I know which one Kirk Cameron is.

meegannie said:
*listens to self

So? Didja listen to yourself? Didja hear someone screaming? It was ME. Screaming at the fact that anyone would waste a nanosecond on this no-talent ass clown.

HeadsOnSticks said:

So? Didja listen to yourself? Didja hear someone screaming? It was ME. Screaming at the fact that anyone would waste a nanosecond on this no-talent ass clown.

You dare mock the son of Alan Thicke?

I heard he's pretty much the Godfather of Canada.

Dude, don't even tell me you're gonna give me shit for this. I'M Canadian and it's a travesty that someone actually PAID this guy to go into a recording studio.

Back
Top Bottom