Anyone else actually heading to Beijing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thatsnotmypuppy

War Child
I head off this coming Saturday (July 19) towards Beijing. I'll be spending a week or so in Malaysian Borneo and Kuala Lumpur before flying into Shanghai on July 30 before arriving in Beijing on August 6.

I've been to China a few times and have seen just how much the excitement (and the oppression that the locals have gotten used to) has been building. The venues are amazing, the new subway lines make travel really really easy (used to be a nightmare) and it seems all the hotels over estimated the amount of foreign tourists coming to the Games so there are tons of hotels rooms going for quite cheap. Sadly I prebooked accommodation quite early on (no refunds either the buggers!) to ensure I got a visa so I wont be taking up any of the nice cheap and brand new 4 star rooms going for $100 a night...

So is anyone else heading over? I'll be in town until August 22. It is kind of cool that China and Australia are relatuvely close. The next Games anywhere near us are Vancouver (17 hour flight) and Sochi (15 hour flight).

That awesome! My friends and I will be going to Vancouver but aren't making the trip to Beijing. I can't believe there are cheap rooms. Torino was so expensive, even for the 1 stars!

I will definitely be going to Vancouver... since I actually live here. :wink:

It would be awesome to travel somewhere to see the Olympics, but I'm excited about them coming to my city. :D

Back
Top Bottom