Any Thin Lizzy fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
Is there any Thin Lizzy fans out there, there has to be someone else who loves the band, that got Irish music out there, who had so many guitarists, like Gary Moore, his guitar playing is :drool: .

hey irishteen :wave:
well yeah i like thinlizzy, but have only heard a few songs. i like Jailbreak though

Yeahhhhhhhhh ROSALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Whiskey in the Jar has a great guitar solo in it.:wink:

Yeah you gotta love Thin Lizzy.

Just some classic ballsy rock, shame they didn't catch on in North America save for one single.

"Get Out Of Here", "Toughest Street In Town", "Jailbreak", all good stuff. I'm still just getting into em.

Just discovered them a few years ago, which is sad because I've been around for a while. I used to be a huge Iron Maiden fan and it's very clear to me that much of their sound was inspired by Thin Lizzy.

These guys never get enough respect, and are known primarily for one song--Boys are Back in Town, which isn't necessarily representative of their style and song.

Running Back, Romeo and the Lonely Girl, Cowboy song. Jailbreak is just a great record. I also love Fighting, Bad Reputation, Johnny the Fox, Black Rose, and the live album which has an AMAZING version of Dancin' in the Moonlight.

Phil Lynott just has one of the all-time great rock voices. It's a crime that these guys aren't in the R&R Hall of Fame.

i adore THIN LIZZY...they stay immortal...they were a substantial part of my teenage years...their music is rocking soulful and sexy.
i love the early 70s' period. great songs like BUFFALO GIRL, HERE I GO AGAIN, DUBLIN, SHADES OF A BLUE ORPHANAGE are pearls.
i always liked the fact that Phil Lynnot used his bass playing like a guitar. he set a new benchmark for lead-bass-play. today you can hear this sort of bassplay from Flea / RHCP. THIN LIZZY REMAINS A LEGEND...they were underestimated sometime but definitely they were true ROCKERS despite of some soulful sexy ballads:rockon::applaud::bow:

Back
Top Bottom