Any Tennis fans here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Andre Agassi
Roger Federer
Andy Roddick
Llayton Hewitt
Juan Carlos Ferraro
Carlos Moya

The game is very exciting right now :wink:

Only two months and a bit until the French Open.

i'm quite depressed about tennis right now, what with the us going down to croatia in the first round of the davis cup. the croats played incredible though and proved that roddick is soooo overrated.

I was a big fan of Pete Sampras. Haven't watched the game regularly since he retired, i much prefer soccer, cricket and FI. But i did watch most of the Australian Open this year so i think my interest is coming back. Bring on Roland Garros and then Wimbledon, where i really hope Tim Henman can break his duck. But Federer, Roddick and maybe Safin are better on grass.

I think tennis is as big and as competitive as it as ever been. Unfortunately, no one cares in the US. US fans have to have US players dominating at the top (ie Sampras, Agassi in 90's) for them to pay attention. But elsewhere it seems like tennis is only growing. It's still one of the biggest global sports.

And at least there's no ATP lockout on the horizon...

You didn't mention Safin??
And how about Croatian IVAN LJUBICIC????
He beat Agassi and Roddick!!
Doesn't that count?If not then he played in three ATP finals in a row.

Argentina, baby!

That was a nice French Open last year, wasn't it?

And Davis Cup, here we go... this is our year.

I'm a huge tennis fan now!

I used to follow hockey religiously but with the lock-out, I need to get my sport fix elsewhere.

Roger Federer is my sports hero. I watched him back in 2000 (i think) defeat Pete Sampras in the semi's of wimbledon. I've been a fan of his ever since and it has been fun watching him rise to the top.

Nadal= wow. This kid is scary. It's nice for Federer to have some competition. Maybe a rivalry will develop.

I agree with shrmn8rpoptart in that Andy Roddick is grossly overrated. I think he shot himself in the foot when he did that mastercard commercial. For those of you didn't see it. Roddick did a tv advert for mastercard where he booked two return airline seats with his mastercard to provide room his forecasted trophy. That was an extremely arrogant advert.

Well, Nadal lost today against the #143 ranked-player in the first round of a low-key grass tournament in Germany.

I think the kid has a great future, but needs to improve beyond clay to be a complete player.

I love tennis...I think it's so much fun to watch. I was rooting for Puerta, but Nadal is definitely very talented. It's a shame Americans generally can't play on clay for shit. I know Andy's a bit overrated, but he's such a hottie! Him and Safin. :love:

I can't wait for the US Open. :hyper:

The commentators can be soooo obnoxious though. And who agrees that Patrick McEnroe looks and talks exactly like John? :blahblah:

Safin is one player that I dislike. That guy has a temper on him. I wonder how many racquets he goes through. I've seen him bust up a few.

Moi. I love Federer. I've been a fan a long time actually, I was a fan of Boris Becker's, and Stefan Edberg, the guy who the sportsman's award is named after. I used to catch flack for not supporting Americans---not true. Garbage. I was a huge fan of Sampras' and Agassi, and I was thrilled when Capriati won her Slams.

Back
Top Bottom