Any one get a *good* Christmas gift from their boss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
I have actually made out like a bandit, I never thought Christmas would be like this at work - I've actually gotten several gifts from clients that come to our practice but I haven't worked on their cats.

My boss gave me a cute Snowman mug and spoon set from Williams-Sonoma (which I know is pricey) and a day at a local spa :) I would like to get a nice gift for her, somewhere in the $50-$100 range and I am completely stumped - I suck at gift-giving :sigh:

Not yet, but I got a nice bottle of champagne from our maintenance man at the library I work at--he's the coolest! :up:

I got a $1000 bonus.. and a gift which I have not opened yet. And 2 weeks off :drool:

I don't work, but my mother got a box of 35 pork chops, and she's a vegetarian.

My boss left for another job a month or so ago, so that was a pretty good gift! :up: Of course the next boss might be just as bad or worse, so maybe it's not so good after all. If they would just make the interim supervisor the permanent supervisor everything would be perfect, but it will never happen because she knows what she's doing and everyone loves her. We can't have that now, can we?

A vintage bottle of wine, which after I regifted to my mother, was informed was quite expensive.

A full week off, paid, not coming out of my vacation time.

I've only been at my place for 6 months so I don't know the whole holiday drill. The leasing company I work for is actually a division of a bank and I know we get a bonus when the new fiscal year starts....what is that in like Feb or March? :shrug: no clue.

I did get a $20.00 gift card from one of the local grocery stores that the bank has locations in. I have no idea if my boss will give me anything or not though. I dont' really care...I just want my bonus and from what I hear it's more than I make in one 2 week paycheck :drool:

Last edited:
Actually, one of my babysitting clients gave me two $50 gift cards--one to Barnes and Noble and one to TJ Maxx (well, I guess his parents did).

Some lavendar water, which I will use after my bath when it's a little warmer and not penance to be wet in an unheated bathroom.

Every year we get two weeks paid vacation at Christmas time (plus our regular vacation plus two weeks off in the summer). That's just about the best thing they could give me. I love my job and my employer. :heart:

:hmm:

My boss usually buys me a nice dinner, a good bottle of wine and then I sleep with him :wink: :lol:

*disclaimer for anyone who might have the wrong idea...I'm married to the boss :shifty:

I haven't gotten anything, and I know I won't.

I suspect my meth-addled coworker did. :|

I am off work until the 3rd of January, but that's campus policy.

Last edited:
A bottle of wine.

Relatively good wine, though.

And, as usual, they had an office raffle and I didn't win anything. :mad:

Bono's American Wife said:
:hmm:

My boss usually buys me a nice dinner, a good bottle of wine and then I sleep with him :wink: :lol:

*disclaimer for anyone who might have the wrong idea...I'm married to the boss :shifty:

You minx!!! :tongue: :lmao: :up:

My office was treated to a very nice dinner Saturday (with our spouses). If we get a bonus, it will come to us Wednesday afternoon at our annual Christmas luncheon. As to amount, I have no idea...this is only my 2nd Christmas there & I don't know how consistent my boss is. (Last year's was nice, even if they did take taxes out of it.)

A paper bag filled with "Exam Treats" (candy and junk food, pretty good actually). I'm not in a salary paid job yet (I'm a full time student), but my boss does give me 4 straight weeks of vacation - 2 in a row for a family thing we do every summer, one for school's spring break, and one for my family/sibs spring break.

i got a $20 bonus from work (concidering i make minumum wage and only work a couple times a week that's pretty good) and so far 6 friends have given me $20 HMV gift certificates which is better then last year when everyone gave me a calender.

my hockey team gave our coaches pink purses as a gag gift (they're guys btw) that was rather funny.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i've yet to receive anything from anyone. my bonus from work was a whopping $25, which came out to $22 after taxes since they gave it to us like a paycheck. :|
just quoting myself to say i did get a pressie from my boss...both the managers of the department gave me a $25 (altogether) gift certificate for a store i don't even go to. and i get two days off altogether: christmas eve and january 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom