Any Chris Isaak fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I have been a big Isaak fan for a long time now. Have all his albums and his 9th is about to be released next week.

I've heard a few samples of tracks and so far am a little disappointed.
Sounds a little bland to me. He has such talent and has produced some of the most romantic songs ever written in my opinion. Songs like 'Wicked Game', 'Blue Hotel', 'Cant do a thing', 'Forever BLue' and the list goes on.
I've seen him live twice and he is a brilliant performer. One of the most entertaining shows I've seen.

He's a very funny guy and not bad on the eyes either
biggrin.gif

Ive seen about 2 episodes of his very odd sitcom and well..yeah hmmm

Anyone here a fan and have any opinions on the new songs?

I don't know much about him musically, but he is one Hell of a funny guy. He has the driest sense of humor. I haven't seen his new show, but I'll bet it's good. He could take over the Daily Show, and it wouldn't miss a beat.

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
Wasn't it Helena Christensen?
Like that matters.....

elle.jpg

Elle

helena2.jpg

Helena

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

[This message has been edited by Vorsprung (edited 02-07-2002).]

I own Forever Blue and Baja Sessions and that?s about it but they are good!!

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

lemonboy, u should get san francisco days and heart shaped world. they are great! Baja is very mellow and pretty, but i prefer the rock...

Boys, boys..
it was helena and she seems so not interested in that clip.
what is wrong with that girl?!!

she really makes me barf. shes the most gorgeous thing on legs, dated michael hutchence, gets to rub herself all over chris, and hangs out with u2 at many of their gigs!!!!

blah

i need a chris pic...

new1.jpg

album1.jpg

6.jpg

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Chris Isaak, I've had a crush on him since I can't remember when. I have all his albums. My favourite songs of his are changed your mind, beautiful homes, somebody's crying, pretty girls don't cry...I like alot of his music, he's a great artist...with pretty lips.
smile.gif

The new song let me down easily is starting to grow on me.

------------------
I can't stop the dance
Honey, this is my last chance
I said, can't stop the dance
Maybe this is my last chance
Fengche@aol.com

love Chris Isaak's music! I just made my own Best of Chris Isaak CD! It had 18 great Chris Isaak songs on it.

My friend's good friend used to know him when she worked at Warner Bros Records and they even dated. She is dead now though, very sad story.

I've seen the show a couple of times and thought it was really funny. I've liked the music I've heard. Is this an artist worth investing in?

I really like Chris Isaak- and have done for a very long time- I really like his 50s inspired crooning style of music, but sadly everytime he has come out here to Australia (which has been quite a bit, as I think he really likes it here) I have missed him, but if he makes it here soon I will catch him for sure- my fave song is probably 'Blue Hotel'- he really does have a very unique style and yes he is quite nice to look at and he can even act!!!!
smile.gif

Princess, Im noticing you have very good taste
smile.gif

Ive seen the video clip for the new song at www.chrisisaak.com and its interesting. Typical Chris of late, lots of girls and him in a suit. A very lovely white suit at that.

Im sorry about your friend U2LA. Thats odd because his first true love has died too. He puts her name on his guitar.

Pease..definitely! As hermes has, I recommend Forever Blue and Heart Shaped World to start off. We are lucky in OZ, because we got a compilation cd called Wicked Game which has most of his greatest tracks up until before Forever Blue.
Personally I love San Francisco Days and his last album, Speak of the Devil.

Oz, he does love Australia. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't come out for this album, even just to promote. He's done that with the last 3.
I was in the 4th row in Sydney for the SOTD tour and it was unreal. He's a great performer and seeing the mirrorball suit is quite a sight!
Definitely gives Bono a run for his money in the clothing dept.

I started listening to The Chris (that's what my friend and I called him) in 1985. I've seen him about 10-12 times in various small San Francisco clubs. He is very cute and very funny in person as well.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

i need a chris pic...

Here ya go! Oh heck here's four heavenly pics of chris!

fb.jpg

barechest.jpg

chrisnb.jpg

sigh.jpg

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:

Princess, Im noticing you have very good taste
Ive seen the video clip for the new song at www.chrisisaak.com and its interesting. Typical Chris of late, lots of girls and him in a suit. A very lovely white suit at that.

Why thank ya- I see we both have great taste.
smile.gif
I'm always on the prowl for a truly gorgeous face. I saw the new video this morning on VH1 and I dunno I really like it, the special effects are cool- chris is lookin so good with that white suit!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 02-07-2002).]

I've seen him in concert, he rocks!!!!! It was a cool show, hee hee!
wink.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I have HEART SHAPED WORLD and WICKED GAME, which is something of a greatest hits or sampler from his earlier CDs. I would like to get some of the others though.

~U2Alabama

Back
Top Bottom