"Another circlejerk Random I f*cked Lance's Mom in the brownie Movie discussion"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that movie was not good. I'm kind of bummed the final act wasn't as unintentionally hilarious as the middle portion, save for Tucci's "come-uppance."

Meryl Streep can fart in a paperbag and get an acting nomination. I do like her a lot though when she has good material to work with.

Yeah, that movie was not good. I'm kind of bummed the final act wasn't as unintentionally hilarious as the middle portion, save for Tucci's "come-uppance."

I can't quite agree or disagree. The last act didn't carry the sustained lulz as the first or second... but
Ruth Conners turning into Susie with goofy British dude lying on top of her???....!!!....!!! While Peter Jackson kills Brian Eno for me... And that final monologue... with the snap shot... ... ... ??? ... !!! ...

I can't quite agree or disagree. The last act didn't carry the sustained lulz as the first or second... but
Ruth Conners turning into Susie with goofy British dude lying on top of her???....!!!....!!! While Peter Jackson kills Brian Eno for me... And that final monologue... with the snap shot... ... ... ??? ... !!! ...

Isn't he supposed to be older than her to begin with? Yeah, that was great, and he happens to repeat the same thing to her. Okay, that was good, along with the snapshot. It doesn't top her and the Asian girl running around with the puppies in Kinda Heaven. It reminded me of that Funnyordie video of Natalie Portman and Rashida Jones playing with puppies on a bed together, except not as awesome.

AN ICICLE KILLS STANLEY TUCCI. I cannot get over this.

Helpful, thanks.

Meryl Streep can fart in a paperbag and get an acting nomination. I do like her a lot though when she has good material to work with.

I know! Anything I've seen her in in recent years, she overacts to such a cringe-worthy degree that I can barely stand to watch her. I even IMDBed her, and I was kind of surprised that there's a shitload of her work that I haven't seen, so maybe I've missed something great? I dunno. I was wondering if, much like my Lovely Bones: The Novel experience, there was something I wasn't getting, or if it was an Emperor's New Clothes sort of thing where I was the only one seeing that she's really not all that. One thing's for sure, I can't stand her doing comedy.

Isn't he supposed to be older than her to begin with? Yeah, that was great, and he happens to repeat the same thing to her. Okay, that was good, along with the snapshot. It doesn't top her and the Asian girl running around with the puppies in Kinda Heaven. It reminded me of that Funnyordie video of Natalie Portman and Rashida Jones playing with puppies on a bed together, except not as awesome.

AN ICICLE KILLS STANLEY TUCCI. I cannot get over this.

Honestly, we're splitting hairs... the entire film is a wonder to behold. It's kind of funny, I was chatting to another friend of mine from the internetz as we both watched this last night, and I started the film about an hour after her, so I kept seeing this amazing shocked reactions as she watched it... stuff along the lines of "OMG WTF this is so ridiculous! I'm laughing so hard!" And every time Jackson focused on the icicles in Kind Heaven my only thoughts were "What the fuck is the point of this? This whole film is so fucking worthless, I can't believe it. None of this means anything. Then the icicle kills Tucci... and I was sort of breathless. For so many reasons. Easily the most ridiculous and worthless foreshadowing I've seen in a long time. Wow.

Also, another favorite moment of mine was when Wahlberg goes over and helps Tucci build his tree-branch rape trap... that Tucci is somehow going to use to tuccirapemurder other Salmon girl...and has that completely unmotivated epiphany of that Tucci is the killer... just because. But that scene was so perfectly wretched I nearly died.

Tree-branch rape trap... we got a kick out of that one too.

Also, "You're the Salmon girl?... *long pause* "Okay..."

I know! Anything I've seen her in in recent years, she overacts to such a cringe-worthy degree that I can barely stand to watch her. I even IMDBed her, and I was kind of surprised that there's a shitload of her work that I haven't seen, so maybe I've missed something great? I dunno. I was wondering if, much like my Lovely Bones: The Novel experience, there was something I wasn't getting, or if it was an Emperor's New Clothes sort of thing where I was the only one seeing that she's really not all that. One thing's for sure, I can't stand her doing comedy.

Meryl Streep chewing comedy scenery = nails on a chalkboard. That giggly shit in the It's Complicated trailer bugs me to no end. Along with that fucking "History Repeated" song. Good lord. I'm sure it's not a bad movie, but it's doing everything to tell me that I'd rather sit with my thumb in my ass than watch it.

Anyway, there was an Onion article about her not having a signature role/film, like DeNiro having Taxi Driver and Raging Bull and Pacino having Dog Day Afternoon and The Godfather Part II. She's a great actress, but I do think the iconography has to be there to be up with the "Greatest Actors/Actresses of All-Time," you know?

Honestly, we're splitting hairs... the entire film is a wonder to behold. It's kind of funny, I was chatting to another friend of mine from the internetz as we both watched this last night, and I started the film about an hour after her, so I kept seeing this amazing shocked reactions as she watched it... stuff along the lines of "OMG WTF this is so ridiculous! I'm laughing so hard!" And every time Jackson focused on the icicles in Kind Heaven my only thoughts were "What the fuck is the point of this? This whole film is so fucking worthless, I can't believe it. None of this means anything. Then the icicle kills Tucci... and I was sort of breathless. For so many reasons. Easily the most ridiculous and worthless foreshadowing I've seen in a long time. Wow.

Also, another favorite moment of mine was when Wahlberg goes over and helps Tucci build his tree-branch rape trap... that Tucci is somehow going to use to tuccirapemurder other Salmon girl...and has that completely unmotivated epiphany of that Tucci is the killer... just because. But that scene was so perfectly wretched I nearly died.

Tree-branch rape trap... we got a kick out of that one too.

Also, "You're the Salmon girl?... *long pause* "Okay..."

I lost it when Wahlberg threw out the accusation that the guy who buys a lot of adult diapers is somehow a killer. "Check his taxes!"

Yeah, it's that tree-rape thing is in no way suspicious. If I saw that flashback of her taking pictures cut into that scene one more time, I would've had to leave the room. Holy shit.

There's just one rule: No. Adults. Allowed. HmmmmhmhmuuuhhHUHHhuhhmmhmm... uh.. okay...

Please change your av to Tucci. Preferably when he's sitting alone in the basement staring off into the middle distance for no real reason.

Picture9-5.png

Picture13-2.png

Picture14-2.png

Picture10-4.png

Picture11-2.png

Picture12-2.png

Oh, so they went with that part in the movie, too? Barf.

I thought the book was all right, but that was such a huuuuuge wtf.

Alright, I finished downloading The Lovely Bones. I'll have to wait until my Xbox is back from the repair center to stream it to my TV unless I can figure out how to put it on a DVD-R. I'm not particularly savvy with video files.

Regardless, I'm pumped.

I screened choice scenes for the Lady Friend, and she lost it when the "Hey Dad, look at me!" flashback played for the 3rd time in the Treerapetrap/Confrontation scene.

Tehconnection has freeleech until the 7th (no, I don't have any invites right now), so I'm going to snag a few things. Already got Tuccirape, and I'm downloading An Education now. Any other screeners I should look for?

No, Lance, they don't have Bright Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom