Anna Nicole Smith Has Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Kitten, you have screenplays too? I write some of my own original work, one time I wrote a story and ten years later it was on the big silver screen.

Seriously, these men are just trying to cash in on Anna's fame. Who knows who she slept with, and is it any of our business? No.

Her will hasn't even been mentioned here, does anybody know about it?
In her will, which was made around 2001, she stated that everything is to go to Daniel Smith, 100% and NOBODY ELSE. That includes her spouse, future children, etc.

That really put a spin on this whole thing! I work for a probate office and that means that since Daniel did not have a will, the remaining estate is to be divided by his living family, wife or children, and if he did not have a wife or child, it is to go to his parents or siblings. Meaning his father, and Dannielynn.
Now this whole thing just gets stranger and stranger, because it was noted that Howard K. Stern was made executor of the will (meaning he had to know what the will entailed).
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

absintheminded said:
U2Kitten, you have screenplays too? I write some of my own original work, one time I wrote a story and ten years later it was on the big silver screen.

Yes I do and they're good!

Do you mean you sold a movie, or someone stole your idea?

Her will hasn't even been mentioned here, does anybody know about it?
In her will, which was made around 2001, she stated that everything is to go to Daniel Smith, 100% and NOBODY ELSE. That includes her spouse, future children, etc.

That really put a spin on this whole thing! I work for a probate office and that means that since Daniel did not have a will, the remaining estate is to be divided by his living family, wife or children, and if he did not have a wife or child, it is to go to his parents or siblings. Meaning his father, and Dannielynn.

Oh, thanks for that info!

And no wonder everyone is after that baby :( But I have to give credit to Birkhead because he's been after his parental rights since the day she was born, most of the others are only 'coming forward' after she died. And Stern, well, I just don't trust him at all.

The judge in this case is a real piece of work, he is auditioning for his own tv show(supposedly he has had that goal for a while). He makes the judges on Boston Legal seem normal. I can't believe it, that baby just can't seem to get a fair chance :(

Yeah that judge does seem to be going for his own spotlight. I got the chills last week when they were sitting around that table and he was going "That body belongs to this judge" and "that baby (the body) isn't going anywhere, it's on ice." :yikes: I mean even though she was a celebrity and people joked on her, this isn't a fake story, it's real, and she's dead. How awful!

I wonder what he's going to do. He probably doesn't want to make anyone mad and become unpopular but he's got to make a decision. He says he's not getting into the paternity, but how can you determine where the baby goes if you don't know who the real Daddy is?

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
Has anyone seen the new video of her with the Clown makeup on? :huh:

yes.. unfortunately. And it only proves that Howard is in it for the money that shit head.. She's the puppet and he is the puppetmaster... He has been manipulating her from the very beginning and tragically she was never a strong enough person to voice her opinion. A grown up child basically.. poor thing.. it's so so sad..:sad:

Wow that judge put on quite the performance-I give the odds that that was authentic at about 200 to 1. He awarded custody of Anna Nicole's body to Dannielynn's guardian, and I guess he (the judge) recommended that she be buried next to Daniel in the Bahamas. How is that guy a judge in the state of FL or any state?

How sad that the whole world also knew about the state of decomposition of her body, she couldn't even have that dignity in death.

If he's calling HKS her 'guardian' does he also give him the baby? What about Birkhead, doesn't he get his DNA test?

All of this drama could've been avoided if Anna had handled two things differently: First of all, she should have consented to the paternity test when she was alive. I just can't believe that any warm-blooded woman would NOT want to know for sure who the father of her child is.

Secondly, the issue of the money and who it would go to in the event that Daniel couldn't collect should have been put in the will soon after Daniel died. It sounds harsh, but when that much money is at stake, you don't just leave it unaccounted for.

I've been thinking about this more than I probably should, and I really think that if I had been in Anna's position, I would have created an offshore account somewhere, and I would have stated that in the event of my death, and in the event that my firstborn isn't around to recieve the inheritance, that given the age(less than a year) of Danilynn, any money that that might be rewarded to me as a result of the J.Howard Marshall mess is to be put in that offshore account, and that offshore acount is to be completely locked after the deposit, and that the ONLY way for that account to ever be unlocked is with the LEGALLY ENFORCABLE SIGNATURE OF DANILYNN, and therefore, until Danilynn's 18th birthday, nobody can touch that money. Period. Not her biological father, not anyone else that might claim to be her father, no one. Nil. Period. Furthermore, I would state my wish that Danilynn not be told about this money until her 18th birthday - my wish that she be able to live as normal a life as possible until then, make normal friends, go to school like a normal kid, grow up like a normal kid, and not be given the chance to grow up as a spoiled brat who knows she never has to do anything because of that money. If doing this requires that my identity be kept from her, so be it. On her 18th birthday, she is to be taken to the correct bank, with her guardian(s)(whoever he/she/they may be) and perhaps a lawyer, and a prerecorded video of me talking to her(recorded before my death for this purpose) would be shown to her, in which I would say, basically:

(Please forgive this, it got longer than I thought it was going to be, I like drama, and I like creative writing. Geez, I'm not even a woman but I'm writing from the point of view of one with this quote)...

"I am your mother, and I have left this money to you, and only you. My last wishes for you to not be told about this until now, and I did that to protect you. There are greedy people out there who would have and still will try to take advantage of you because of that money, and you were a little newborn baby. I had you hidden away with a father/guardian nobody knows much about in the public eye, and I had your money made totally inaccessible by anybody but you, and I had all of this kept from you, all so that you could live a normal life to this point, and so you could be protected from the kinds of people that ultimately ruined my own life. But now, if you're watching this, you're old enough to start protecting yourself, so it's time. Please, enjoy this money, but don't feel the need to broadcast it to the world. What you do with this money and how you use it is your business and no one else's. But with this money comes responsiblity. Please, be smart with it. Don't spend it just to spend it, and do NOT let people use you for it. Make sure that you accomplish something in your life to make people want you with or without the money. This money is a tool with which to make a life for yourself, but it is NOT supposed to define you. You can make no bigger mistake than to think that your life is supposed to revolve around this money. This money is a supplement to your life, not the foundation of your life. So you enjoy this money, and the security it brings, but please, be smart, and responsible, and mature about it. I hope you use it to make your life whatever you want it to be, and I hope that when you have that life, that when people look at you, their first thought isn't 'daughter of that screwed-up drugged-out woman who was completely incapable of running her own life'. I hope, I know, you will turn to be a better, stronger woman than I ever was. And I want you to know that you and your brother were the only really good things I ever did, and that you were wanted. I wanted you more than anything. I loved you. Wherever I am now, I still love you, babygirl. This was the best I could do for you, to try to protect you from what my life was, while still giving this gift to you. Be happy, enjoy your life, and know that your mother is always with you, watching you. My daughter."

That was awesome :up: They should get you to settle the case, and to write the drama of her life. I'm serious. Good ideas!

I was watching part of these proceedings on TV this morning and I must say I thought it was horrible the way jokes were being said and just in general joking around with the judge and the lawyers. I don't think the situation should be made a mockery especially when family members are there and someone is fighting to find out if he has a daughter. :shame:

I have been following some of the court shenanigans also and I have to say I don't like this judge, he is terribly laid back and unprofessional. He wants his own TV reality show. He wants to be in the limelight. The whole sordid issue is a three ring circus...people fighting and then making statements together outside the courtroom, attorneys using expletives, everyone crying. Jeez! I am beginning to cringe every time I hear the name Anna Nicole Smith lately. What more could come about from this whole drama surrounding her death?

I also found the video footage of an obviously drunk and/or drugged Anna dressed skankily hanging all over the Dr who prescribed her methadone under false name (he is being investigated) in a gay bar with Anna's fluffy bedroom slipper dog, Howard K Stern AND Larry! The Dr had shorts on and no shirt, kissing all over Anna Nicole. What's up with THAT? It was all being filmed!

This just came out tonight:
The flamboyant Seidlin, rumored to be coveting his own reality TV show, let the proceedings spin out of control. The judge interjected himself into testimony, talked about his daily routine and wardrobe, and chatted nostalgically about his roots in New York, where he was once a cab driver. He freely gave nicknames such as "Texas," "California" and "Mama" to the people involved in the trial.

The legal mess surrounding Smith, in life and in death, hasn't been simple, but Seidlin's judicial style took the case to a new level of absurdity, experts said.

At least she will be buried with her son. Let this poor soul rest in peace already.

Funny ... when reading about the judge's ruling, it came across as possibly sincere. Seeing the footage?

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude. You're as fake as the purses sold by that dude with the table outside Pike Place Market in Seattle.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Wow that judge put on quite the performance-I give the odds that that was authentic at about 200 to 1. He awarded custody of Anna Nicole's body to Dannielynn's guardian, and I guess he (the judge) recommended that she be buried next to Daniel in the Bahamas. How is that guy a judge in the state of FL or any state?

The clown should be removed from the bench immediately.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Pure entertainment value...nothing more, nothing less.

You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills. Is it because it wasn't officially a trial? So they put this more in the category of "Judge Judy?"

Maybe they should give the guy his own TV show. There are lots of wacky people out there who'd probably like to have him hear their case, and the public would like it.

U2Kitten said:

You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills.

Did you not own a TV during the OJ trial?
It was a daily event in television.
If you have cable, you'll notice a channel...CourtTV.
Most major trials end up televised these days. The only thing not allowed on camera is the jury.

U2Kitten said:

You know I was thinking, aren't all court cases forbidden by law to be on TV? Even the famous OJ trial was only shown in drawings and stills. Is it because it wasn't officially a trial? So they put this more in the category of "Judge Judy?"

Maybe they should give the guy his own TV show. There are lots of wacky people out there who'd probably like to have him hear their case, and the public would like it.

I swear I heard somewhere that he actually wanted a TV show like Judge Judy

Lila64 said:
Why were these proceedings even aired? :huh:

Ratings. Court TV said their ratings were up 80%.

XCLUSIVE: Judge's Wife: People Say He Should Have His Own TV Show
Anna Nicole Judge's Wife Tells ABC News: 'I Find Him to Be Brilliant'
By JIM AVILA and CHRIS FRANCESCANI

Feb. 22, 2007 — - Not since Judge Ito has a black robe so thoroughly failed to mask the colorful personality of the man beneath it.

For more than a week, Florida circuit court Judge Larry Seidlin has run the Anna Nicole Smith court hearing with a jarring combination of comic wisecracks, stunningly personal commentary and naked emotion.

And while the judge has declined to speak to reporters, his wife talked to the ABC News Law & Justice Unit.

"People who know him, and people who meet him on the street all say the same thing, 'You should have your own television show,'" Seidlin's wife, Belinda, said Thursday night.

The judge has garnered almost as much attention as Anna Nicole Smith herself.

As he read his ruling Thursday -- giving custody of Smith's body to a court-appointed guardian for her 5-month-old daughter Dannielynn -- he wept.

Earlier in the week-long hearing, Seidlin told one high-strung blonde lawyer that she was beautiful, and took cell phone calls from his wife. He shared his morning exercise routine with the courtroom and the cameras.

And then there were the inadvertently humorous moments during the hearing.

At one point, referring to a dress being made for Smith's burial, Seidlin's face soured as he expressed his general discomfort over funeral details.

"This is the one area I always ran away from -- the death," Seidlin said.

It prompted amused attorney Stephen Tunstall to note wryly, "But you're a probate judge," referring to the type of judge whose job is to deal with wills.

"I don't think him to be crazy at all,'' said Belinda Seidlin. "I find him to be brilliant, and that's tough to say when you're married to someone for a long time."

The couple met when she was 16 and he was in his 20s. They married seven years ago.

Belinda Seidlin said the Smith case affected her husband very deeply and very personally.

"He was exhausted at night," she said. "He would work on the case, sit around and think about it, write things down. He's a very tough guy, but certain things [about the case] really affected him -- this child, particularly, and the way the mother passed away … really everything."

Baby Dannielynn was born last year days before her only brother Daniel died of an apparently accidental drug overdose. Several men have claimed paternity of the child and a lengthy court battle is ongoing over millions that could someday be awarded to the child.

Seidlin grew up in the Bronx, playing championship doubles tennis at Christopher Columbus High School with lifelong friend Dr. Sheldon Warman.

"Some people viewing [Seidlin] on television would see him as unorthodox," Warman said, "but this is how he's always been and why's he's been elected back into this office every six years since he was in his twenties."

"He has the softest heart you'll ever see," Warman said.

Referring to his friend crying on national television as he read his ruling, Warman said, "He meant that. … That was really him.

"He felt that heat in that courtroom," he added. "He saw everything going on, saw all the fighting between the attorneys, and he wanted to deflate that with his humor."

Warman warned against underestimating Seidlin.

"No one should ever think of his beautiful smile as a weakness," he said. "In his inimitable style he 'de-stresses' situations with his humor.

"When we play tennis together, he always has a running commentary," he added. "That's him. What he loves to do is dissect situations and comment on them. He's a very inquisitive guy."

For all the criticism, Seidlin has come under for his off-the-cuff style. His wife said it's a character trait that has served him well as a judge and a human being.

"One day you'll see him walking down the street with a judge," she said, "and another day you'll see him walking down the street with a guy with a bird on his shoulder."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom