Aniston Tells of 'Shock' at Pitt Breakup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Tuesday August 2 9:19 AM ET

Jennifer Aniston says she was "shocked" when she saw photos of estranged husband Brad Pitt vacationing on a beach in Africa with Angelina Jolie and her son, Maddox.

"The world was shocked, and I was shocked," Aniston tells Vanity Fair in its September issue, her first interview since the split.

Pitt and Aniston separated in January, and Aniston filed for divorce in March, after more than four years of marriage.

When the magazine asked Aniston if she believed Pitt's claim that he wasn't romantically involved with his "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" co-star before they separated, she replied: "I choose to believe my husband. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by anything, but I would much rather choose to believe him."

Aniston said the split wasn't because her reluctance to have children.

"A man divorcing would never be accused of choosing career over children," the 36-year-old actress said. "I never said I didn't want to have children. I did and I do and I will!"

Pictures of Jolie and Pitt in a recent W magazine spread showed them as an early-'60s style married couple with children.

Aniston said Pitt "is not mean-spirited; he would never intentionally try to rub something in my face."

But, she added: "There's a sensitivity chip that's missing."

Aniston says she still loves Pitt.

"I love Brad; I really love him. I will love him for the rest of my life. He's a fantastic man."

As for his recent bleached blond hairdo, Aniston says: "Billy Idol called he wants his look back."

I was just going to post that :wink:

I love that, "there's a sensitivity chip missing". I think I'll use that one..

She has handled this whole thing with class. He can say he never slept w/ Angelina while he was still married, and that might be (and probably is)true. But emotional infidelity, if that's what happened (of course only he knows, I don't) is just as bad if not worse.

Good luck to Jennifer, I think she'll be fine no matter what. I like her even more now.

"A man divorcing would never be accused of choosing career over children" - that is so true, a double standard. The media kept harping on that, how did they know if she wanted kids?

MrsSpringsteen said:
"A man divorcing would never be accused of choosing career over children" - that is so true, a double standard. The media kept harping on that, how did they know if she wanted kids?
well, as one article pointed out (this was long before they split and he started spending lots of time with angelina), every time she'd mention in an interview she wanted kids, she'd take on another movie. BUT...brad did the same thing. so yeah, it is a total double standard. but at the same time, if she wants kids, taking on three movies back-to-back isn't going to help her case.

i'm not defending brad's alleged behaviour though. whenever any couple reaches an impasse like this, you're supposed to TALK. not run around with your hot co-star.

I agree you should talk. But isn't this lying: saying you're getting divorced for whatever reason and then all of a sudden being with someone else?

Regardless of him being with photographed with Ang. AFTER the divorce they knew each other before and I am sure there was something in the oven when he made the decision to get rid of ...ehem.... "divorce" Jennifer Aniston.

:huh:

It's just a sad story for Jennifer and Brad ... no matter how you look at it ... :tsk:
At least they are both able to learn from this experience and move on ... :up:

I don't know, I'm still on Team Jolie on this one, even though I'm not really a fan of Brad Pitt anymore.

I think Aniston is a self-absorbed mental anorexic. Brad Pitt hasn't been catty to *her* in public so I hardly think she took the high ground in her interview.

Wasn't their split supposed to be amiable and mutual? :eyebrow:

And I still say the family thing played a huge part in it. Don't go blabbing to the press that you want kids and wrote it into "Friends" and then whine later.

I knew it would never last...although 4 years is long for a Hollywood marriage ....they are so different, she seems to be too self absorbed and high mainenance...I think Brad and Angie make the better couple:shrug:

if anything brad pitt looks high maintenance,
i never liked him for some reason even though i like a couple of flicks.
but as for their marriage/breakup i could care less everyday people divorce 1/2 the time too, unfortunately

Oh Jennifer Aniston, the poor suffering victim.

The woman who got a deal with OK Magazine to essentially trash Brad and Angelina by proxy.

Gimme a break.

I don't care enough about these three to really try and find out who's responsible, but it struck me that maybe Brad and Angelina have way more in common than he had with his former wife. It's possible he has been insensitive on occasion, but Jen airing their dirty laundry (repeatedly here and in Europe I might add) doesn't exactly raise her up on a pedestal either.

I'm personally tired of the whole combination of names. Like they don't merit enough to have two separate identities.

We don't, and won't, identify Bono and Ali as Bonli, huh?

Morledge. Larrann. Susam.

Can anyone post links to these interviews where she "trashes" "Team Jolie"?

What was she suppossed to do? Keep quiet and have them just "look pretty"?

I'm on Aniston's side. If she had been running around with a guy on a beach in Kenya she'd be a "ho" and she hasn't. "

She also admits that she has been lonely even though she could easily find some "mimbo" to be with her.

xtal said:
I'm personally tired of the whole combination of names. Like they don't merit enough to have two separate identities.

We don't, and won't, identify Bono and Ali as Bonli, huh?

Morledge. Larrann. Susam.
Good one!!!:wink:

Did anyone read the VF article? If she's being honest, and she says outright that she's not wearing a halo, she takes her share of the responsibility for the break up of the marriage, etc. She doesn't air any of their dirty laundry or trash him in that article, some of their friends have some interesting things to say.

I think the toilet part is funny..

Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn were ``straight out making out'' on the dance floor of the Chicago House of Blues at a wrap party for their movie

``The Break Up'' the New York Daily News reports. Reps for both denied the PDA and say the two are ``just friends.'' Meanwhile, Star maggie says the Jen-Brad Pitt bust-up may have had something to do with irreconcilable differences - over a toilet!``The final straw for Jen was when Brad bought a stainless steel toilet and sink from a torn-down old jail house,'' a pal tattles to the tab. Aniston was livid, telling Pitt, ``There will be no pot that prisoners have been using in my house!'' Pitt reportedly got the toilet anyway and Aniston refused to use it. Meaning, in this marriage, Jen didn't have a pot to pee in . . . .

MrsSpringsteen said:
The Break Up'' the New York Daily News reports. Reps for both denied the PDA and say the two are ``just friends.'' Meanwhile, Star maggie says the Jen-Brad Pitt bust-up may have had something to do with irreconcilable differences - over a toilet!``The final straw for Jen was when Brad bought a stainless steel toilet and sink from a torn-down old jail house,'' a pal tattles to the tab. Aniston was livid, telling Pitt, ``There will be no pot that prisoners have been using in my house!'' Pitt reportedly got the toilet anyway and Aniston refused to use it. Meaning, in this marriage, Jen didn't have a pot to pee in . . . .

omg... :lol: :der: Is Star that desperate to run these kinds of stories? wtf!

Paltrow critical of Aniston-Pitt candor

'I learned my lesson at 24,' actress says of relationship

Monday, August 29, 2005; Posted: 2:50 p.m. EDT (18:50 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Gwyneth Paltrow says the publicity of Brad Pitt's breakup with Jennifer Aniston could have been avoided.

"It would have been a lot easier on Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston now if they had not talked to the press about each other and everything to begin with," Paltrow says in this week's Time magazine, currently on newsstands.

The 32-year-old actress went through heavy tabloid coverage herself when she dated Pitt in the nineties. She and Pitt broke off their engagement in 1997.

"I learned my lesson at 24," Paltrow says of the public relationship.

Paltrow, now married to Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, values her privacy. The couple have a 1-year-old daughter, Apple.

"Our marriage is between us," she says. "If we decide to continue being together or not, it's our business."

Last week, a California judge signed off on the divorce of Aniston and Pitt. After being married for 4 1/2 years, Aniston told Vanity Fair, "The sad thing, for me, is the way it's been reduced to a Hollywood cliche -- or maybe it's just a human cliche."

The reverberations have continued to play out weekly in tabloids with frequent speculation on the love life of each. While the fame of Pitt and Aniston may be at a peak, Paltrow sounds almost ready for quiet retirement.

"Everything I wanted to achieve, I achieved," says Paltrow. "I'm not one of those people who keeps raising the bar"

:wink:

bradpitt43ch.jpg

Back
Top Bottom