Animal lovers enter here...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
The pet thread got me thinking about the pets I want to have someday...most people think of future baby names, I'm thinking of dogs' names......

So, if you could have ANY three animals, what would they be, what would you name them, and most importantly, why would you pick them? (and if you're happy with your current pet(s), you can just list them, but if you'd like more, we won't think you don't like your current pets!)

Last edited:
wow that's a really hard question.

3 pets...

well I'd love to have my dog charlie back...and Id want my horse madie back as well (plus a few friends :) ) and of course Id keep my current wonder-dog Jake.

Last edited:
OK, I'm happy with my cats, but someday when I have my own house and a huge yard, I will have....

My Belgian Malinois, Tango, because this is my favorite animal. Smart, loyal, obedient, and I like the shape and coloring. I might even get a flock of ducks for her to herd and we'd definitely try agility.
belgian-malinois-0002.jpg

Then there would be Ramses, my all-black GSD. This is my second favorite kind of dog, see same reasons as above. I might have a"job" for this dog, like drugs, bomb, or fire sniffing.
siegfriedsit.jpg

And lastly, a chocolate lab (American stock)called Radar, for a friendly family dog. (pictured is my uncle and his Della, who runs, hunts, and works with him).
della2.JPG

my dog jake is a chocolate lab. He is just wonderful!! Although for the first 2 years of his life he was a typical lab...so bad you'd love to beat him...so cute you end up hugging him silly.

and my co-worker has a Belgian Malinois named Chopper. He is sooooo big, meaning tall. He's a great dog!

oh and when I said earlier about wanting my dog charlie back. He was a big beautiful black lab. His liver and kidneys started to fail and we had to have him put to sleep

Rest in peace my sweet boy :(

If I ever get a pet, it'd be like this one:
tyson7wksm.jpg

It's a shiba inu. They're sooo cute.

I don't know what I'd name it. Probably Xavier if it was a boy. I'd call him Xave for short.

Okay I want (in addition to my 5 cats) a white german sheppard and a regular german sheppard.

I would also love a pure breed cat called a Selkirk Rex who basically is a cat with a perm like this

sel.jpg

I'd like to have 2 yellow labs named Lewis and Clark or Rosencrantz and Guildenstern. ( 2 pairs that like to explore and get into trouble :wink:)
I love history and Shakespeare

And then I realized that my house will never have any nice furniture or lights...:)

I have said this to people all the time. All I want is a little slobbery, stupid, but cute and oh so loveable pug dog. That would be outstanding.

Oh, three...the other 2 can just be fish.

I have the greatest three pets in the world as it is, my border-collie/kelpie puppy who recently had her first birthday, and my two cats, who both have an amazing bond with me.

Though I would like a tiger. :wink:

Hmmmm.....I'd like to keep my 6 yr old Jack Russell named Charger, she is my best friend ever and I love her to death.....#2 pet would be the dalmation I grew up with, Dixie, she was a crazy fun dog, and #3 pet I'd like to have my all black one eyed cat Willie back, he was one cool cat!

I've always wanted a horse. One thing I must do before I die is ride a horse, I've never done that.

I have a dog but I would want a small dog, probably a pug

I too really like animals. We rescue all of ours though. But here's my wishlist (all dogs of course)!

1>. Great Pyr. - I would him/her Shamrock

2>. Border Collie I would name him/her Fly

3>. Siberian Husky I would name him Jonathan (Univ. of CT Alum.)

LivLuvBootleg - I really like Tango - Could he come over for a play date with my Abby she's a Flat Coated Retriever/ NEwfie mix.

I have six cats and a wonderful geriatric chihuahua. If I could have any more I would want my Quincy back. He was only 4 when he died...

quincyLarge.jpg

Well personally, my baby is a mutt, a lab/shepherd mix, and I wouldnt trade him for the world. I would love to have a few more though... if I had the time, space and money that is. I love all dogs, but I've always had good luck with mutts and rescues and would probably stick with that. Icouldnt justify going to a breeder or anywhere else when so many good dogs need homes. Hopefully someday when our yard is fenced and/or we have a bigger house - I can get Harry some playmates. If I were to pick a purebreed, I've always liked the exotic look of vizslas, althought I'm not really all that familiar with the breed. This is what they look like....
vizsla_pdw.jpg

And only dogs.... no offense cat lovers, but they just dont do it for me. :D

YBORCITYOBL said:
I too really like animals. We rescue all of ours though. But here's my wishlist (all dogs of course)!

1>. Great Pyr. - I would him/her Shamrock

2>. Border Collie I would name him/her Fly

3>. Siberian Husky I would name him Jonathan (Univ. of CT Alum.)

LivLuvBootleg - I really like Tango - Could he come over for a play date with my Abby she's a Flat Coated Retriever/ NEwfie mix.

Of course!....when I get him/her that is (someday!). And :drool: to your dog choices! We have a new employee at work and she's also an animal lover who has two Great Pyr.'s, among other various dogs and cats.

I guess I pretty much love ANY dog in the gun/sporting, working, and herding groups that doesn't have curly hair.

i have six cats, two were born 2 months back. tommy, joy, max, ciotolina...............but i still have to choose the names for the kittens! anyone can give me a suggestion??

a llama named Daniel - for company and to help collect and carry firewood.
A camel named Omar to ride when fuel prices get too high. I would choose those two because they don't have hooves to chop up the ground like a horse does and they can survive on rougher feed.
We are currrently looking for a new dog. I look forward to Saturday's newspaper to see pictures of the "pound puppies" that are needing a home and to see what dogs are for sale. Last week there were 7 week old boxer cross huskies :eek: one can only wonder what they may look like when they grow up. I think we want a staffordshire terrier :heart: we'll wait till she arrives to name her or if she is adult she may already have a name.

I wish I still had my 3 dogs, that I had during my childhood ... I really miss them. :sad:
They were the "perfect" pets as they were well-trained and never ever disobeyed. :applaud:

2 German Sheperds - King and Blackie

and 1 Scottish Terrier - Sandy

Back
Top Bottom