Andrew's Failure: Bald Knob (again), White County, Arkansas Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad in a Donnie Darko 'its for the best' sort of way.

Ugh, in DD yeah it was for the best, but for Lester everything was JUST about to be ok again! Stupid Colonel Fitts and his stupid secret, which, by the way, in the original script the of the movie, was SOOO much clearer. I never really understood what was going on til I read the original script

Do you think? I always got the feeling that things wouldn't have been okay again, and that was the whole point of the film - his life was always going to be like how it was, and however much he'd kid himself it'd carry on. Such a depressing film really! Wow you read the script? That's dedication.

Do you think? I always got the feeling that things wouldn't have been okay again, and that was the whole point of the film - his life was always going to be like how it was, and however much he'd kid himself it'd carry on. Such a depressing film really! Wow you read the script? That's dedication.

I still don't understand why the took stuff out of the original script. See the reason why it makes me made is because in the original script (which now, I can't separate the two anymore) Colonel Fitts frames Ricky for the entire thing. So Ricky ends up going to jail for it, if memory serves. But yeah, I think things were about to turn up for Lester, with the way he's looking at that picture of his family at the end, he finally realized that all of the insane awesomeness that he thought he wanted out of life was really right there with him the whole time. And then with Caroline, I think when she reacts the way she does to Lester's death, you realize that, given time, everything between them COULD have been made right. But that's just how I see it.

Yeah I used to be a tad obsessive about the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom