And the USA today mid season MVP is.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Garcia=Steve Young's protege:up:
Steve Young =2nd only to Jesus in the world of the NFL:up:
Thats that.
thank u

-diamond-
:dance:
:cool:

BIG matchups coming tomorrow and monday:

Bledsoe vs. Brady

Gannon Vs. Garcia

and

Favre vs. well, Miami

I pick

Patriots over Buffalo, just a hunch, the Bills are on a roll and have the advantage so I take the upset

Oakland wins over San Fran because the Raiders are too good to be in this current slump and it must end, plus, Jerry Rice.

Packers win because Miami has no leader with the QB out.

should be some good games though!

enjoy!

:)

Yay Tom!

What was the score of the Pats vs Bills? Um, didn't the Bills only score 7 points? :mac:

Stats Tom vs Drew? Oh, here they are...

Tom Brady 23-27 for 310 yards, 0 INT, 4 TD.
Drew Bledsoe 28-45 for 302 yards, 1 INT, 1 TD

Thankfully the Pats defense finally woke up.....and the Bills defense sure helped them out

:D

Better luck next time Drew...:p

Last edited:
Re: Yay Tom!

Gina Marie said:
What was the score of the Pats vs Bills? Um, didn't the Bills only score 7 points? :mac:

Stats Tom vs Drew? Oh, here they are...

Tom Brady 23-27 for 310 yards, 0 INT, 4 TD.
Drew Bledsoe 28-45 for 302 yards, 1 INT, 1 TD

Thankfully the Pats defense finally woke up.....and the Bills defense sure helped them out

:D

Better luck next time Drew...:p
:up:
damn kid should stick to what he knows about....;)-
AND
football, and guitar playing abroad are-

DEFINETLY OUT:angry::sexywink:

thank u
DB9

Last edited:
well i am 1 out of 2 on my above picks

I chose Patriots in the upset, but I thought it would at least be close!

38-7 is an asswhipping, I think the USAToday will have to come up with another MVP prospect. Before the game, Drew Bledsoe told his team in the huddle "all i want, is all that you got..." I don't think he got it. Tough break for the Bills though, they should bounce back.

Now for my other sunday pick, wtf is going on in Oakland? I give Mr. Diamond and Mr. Foxxern some credit that Garcia did look every bit as good as you all said today. I can't fathom how he ran for 3 consecutive 1st downs in OVERTIME. He himself converted three times in a row, when do you think the Raiders' defense will wake up? Raiders were 4-0 at one point, now they are 4-4 going INTO Denver. Before today I had visions of Rich Gannon and Jerry Rice heroics in late january. Now, we will be lucky to see that unless the pull a miracle a mile up. Ought to be interesting to see Romanoskwi (sp?) go against his old team.

As for my monday night pick, I still stand with Green Bay over Miami. I think Favre is projected to start, to keep his streak going at what should be 165 consecutive starts.

Bold prediction:

Packers 27
Miami 24

:)

Re: Re: Yay Tom!

diamond said:

:up:
damn kid should stick to what he knows about....;)-
AND
football, and guitar playing abroad are-

DEFINETLY OUT:angry::sexywink:

thank u
DB9

they had one bad game trust me bledoe played fine.....bellichek shut everyone else down. The bills will bounce back....they need to make some off season acquisistions I think they will win the division but lose to oakland, SD, or KC in the playoffs.

New england palyed a great game with it's back to the wall. gotta give them credit.

and diamond...for a guy that can't even hold a guitar the right way..you seem to talk a lot. and the last time you played football was when I was in diapers so you just watch the rest of the season. And watch my analysis skills. a man of your age should focus on thing like not wetting himself...not guitaring

bledsoe turned a 3-13 team into playoff contenders...that's MVP quality.

I just need to see miami get spanked tonight..then all will be right in the world.

at least I'm willing to put my ass on the line for my team.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Yay Tom!

Arun V said:

. a man of your age should focus on thing like not wetting himself...not guitaring

listen to me..:angry:
u came out slobbering all about Drew only AFTER the USA Today article..:down:

as far as putting one's ass on the line.. w predictions so forth in life and this forum I will let my record stand- puleez young man..:huh:

u did have a point re the leaky penis thing, my Dr. told me to just bang it harder on the side of the porcelain urinal upon completion ..:sexywink:

thank u-
diamond

PS-
Get your ass back on AIM too:angry:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Yay Tom!

diamond said:

listen to me..:angry:
u came out slobbering all about Drew only AFTER the USA Today article..:down:

as far as putting one's ass on the line.. w predictions so forth in life and this forum I will let my record stand- puleez young man..

u did have a point re the leaky penis thing, my Dr. told me to just bang it harder on the side of the urinal when finished..:sexywink:

thank u-
diamond

PS-
Get your ass back on AIM too:angry:

uhh diamond...I posted in a thread abot drew BEFORE the article cameout.

yeah..but you predict about any team at random...I only stick my ass out for the bills.

is that what the tweezers are for?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yay Tom!

Arun V said:

uhh diamond...I posted in a thread abot drew BEFORE the article cameout.

yeah..but you predict about any team at random...I only stick my ass out for the bills.

is that what the tweezers are for?
my point is this..
You "replied" in a thread..about your pathetic alliegence to Drew and your hapless Bills:angry:..Sure so what its safe inside a thread..;)

You created a thread only after the USA Today article..
If you posted that thread predicting Drew was going to be the MVP..then you would have some sexiness and sports insight in my book..

thank
u
DB9
:angry:

Drew attended Boston 3..
Drew has sexiness:angry:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Yay Tom!

diamond said:

my point is this..
You "replied" in a thread..about your pathetic alliegence to Drew and your hapless Bills:angry:..Sure so what its safe inside a thread..;)

You created a thread only after the USA Today article..
If you posted that thread predicting Drew was going to be the MVP..then you would have some sexiness and sports insight in my book..

thank
u
DB9
:angry:

Drew attended Boston 3..

uhh diamond...I still posted that I liked him. and I live in western new york....you don't think I was a bledsoe fan before this? or even a bills fan

and it's only safe to ppl who dont' read entire threads

also..unless you'd actually like to talk about the topic of the thread and not questioning my sports credibility...which all of us...have none of....I suggest you run along and play.

Last edited:
diamond said:

Drew attended Boston 3..

Well Drew has intelligence too, since he knew enough to avoid Boston 4 :evil:

Aw........

capt.1036362652.patriots_bills_bfs113.jpg

Well you can't pin that loss on Bledsoe, he played pretty well, and had no help, a few key dropped passes, a kicker who couldn't kick one into Lake Erie from the shoreline, and an assinine coaching decision to punt at teh Pats' 32 yard line on 4th and 2 in 17-7 game sealed the Bills' fate. With everything clicking the Bills would still have lost yesterday, but lost a close one. The Pats are much more talented as a whole right now. If Buffalo drafts well over the next 2 yrs (both lines should be priority), they can quickly be a real contender with their current group of skill players, but they don't have the beef they need in the trenches as yet. With a pretty difficult remaining schedule, I think Buffalo will wind up 7-9 or 8-8, respectable. The Pats have only one game left where they'll likely be underdogs (at Oakland), and if they have their sh*t together as they looked to yesterday, they should end up 10-6, probably winning the division unless Ray Lucas turns into the second coming of Steve Young (not bloody likely).

hewson

do you really think it's the draft that makes or breaks them???

I think if they make some key free agent acquisitions...they should be good.

One corner, 1-2 linebackers, and a lineman

the offensive line is young 1 rookie and 2 second year players...I don't think they are bad..just inexperienced. if they come together...I think it's a solid team. Also you have to admit the blocking packages yesterday sucked. They got out coached.

Terrell Owens is the only NFL player who is talented enough to score a touchdown and sign an autograph at the same time. He is also able to play the game with a pen tucked in his sock. He is the MVP of all time. He is my hero. I love the NFL.

~U2Alabama

Arun V said:
hewson

do you really think it's the draft that makes or breaks them???

I think if they make some key free agent acquisitions...they should be good.
Free agency depends a lot on their salary cap situation, and with Bledsoe's # I doubt they haev tons of flexibility...so I think their future lies moreso in the draft.
But I see plenty of reason to be optimistic in Buffalo for the next few years.

little boy blue said:
Brett Favre should be the damn MVP, did anyone see the Packers kill the fish last night?
Yeah and Favre was 16-25, 187 yds, 1 int and 1 TD.
Green Bay's defense won the game.
There's a long way to go determining NFL MVP, I think Bledsoe will drop out due to Bufalo's tough schedule, and it will come down to a few players:
Favre
Priest Holmes
Garcia
Faulk
Tommy Maddox (Don't laugh)
McNabb

Until Drew learns to scramble and run for yardage when needed, the Bills will not have much longevity..
To be an effective QB you gotta scramble and learn to run like a mofo when needed:ohmy:
Otherwise you end up looking predictable w cellulite on your ass like Jim Kelly..;)

DB9

diamond said:
Until Drew learns to scramble and run for yardage when needed, the Bills will not have much longevity..
To be an effective QB you gotta scramble and learn to run like a mofo when needed:ohmy:
Otherwise you end up looking predictable w cellulite on your ass like Jim Kelly..;)

DB9

well you either need good pass protection or the ability to scramble...drews immobility hasn't been a liabilty yet. And remember in january a weather tested arm like bledsoe is worth more than scrambling ability. esp in buffalo...which at least the second hardest place to play in the NFL weather wise..if not number 1.

I have to admit favre played injured and I was impressed with him despite his mediocre stats

I am really impressed with the packers. They played a crippled miami....but still...they were fierce.

diamond said:
To be an effective QB you gotta scramble and learn to run like a mofo when needed
I beg to differ here...what Drew needs to perfect (and he has worked on it from what I've seen this season) is the ability to buy a little time in the pocket much the way Dan Marino used to. Marino was perhaps the slowest afoot QB in history (Marino in Italian translates to Escargot in french ;) ), but Dan had the ability to take little hop steps in the pocket to avoid the rush and buy himself time, and was quite an effective QB as all his NFL records can prove.

Certainly the ability to scramble helps, but its posible to be a dominant NFL Qb without it.

Hewson said:

Certainly the ability to scramble helps, but its posible to be a dominant NFL Qb without it.
How many superbowls did Moreno win?:huh:
My point was winning it all..
You have to be a "jack of all trades" QB to win the big one..
DB9

well it wasn't marinos fault that miami had a crappy defense and no running game until he left. If he had those things..he'd have a ring.

john elway has some rings....sure he scrambled...but not in his later years when he actualy won those superbowls.

Montana was a pocket passer.

and in steve youngs hey day...he only got one ring due to the dominance of dallas during those days. troy aikman..another pocket passer

And brady is more mobile than bledsoe...but your telling me he's as mobile as Vick, or mcnabb???

in short qb motility doesn't matter that much pocket prescence is the most important thing.

Arun V said:
well it wasn't marinos fault that miami had a crappy defense and no running game until he left. If he had those things..he'd as mobile as Vick, or mcnabb???

in short qb motility doesn't matter that much pocket prescence is the most important thing.
ok i will agree w that
however
the qbs that scramble and run when need to are much better to watch..:)

diamond said:

ok i will agree w that
however
the qbs that scramble and run when need to are much better to watch..:)

agreed which is why when doug flutie was in buffalo...they should have released rob johnson instead.

neither of them were franchise qbs but flutie was sooo much more fun to watch.

my fave play is the naked bootleg. I wish more qb's would do it.

Arun V said:

and in steve youngs hey day...he only got one ring due to the dominance of dallas during those days. troy aikman..another pocket passer

Do not forget the salary cap! The cowboys via the walker trade got a plethora of draft choices that became stars. Good coaching and scouting plus they were under contract for several years.

the 49ers on the other hand were pretty much over from the get go, due their paying top dollar prior to the cap era.

I've always admired Steve Y for sticking around. In '90 or 91, Oakland was hot after him. Young's agent rec. that he go to Oakland, more $, out of the Montana shadow etc. He said no, and stuck it out. Fans here pretty much denigrated him, blamed for losses etc. The Joe shadow was huge. When they finally won in 94-95. The SJose merc ran the headline ?Joe Who!? on the front page.

In short if Joe were "healthy" in the early 90's I do not think he would have been any more successful than Steve, even though he is a better QB than Steve.

Back
Top Bottom