an extremely important announcement - MUST READ!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats you guys.

I remember when Paul and I announced that he was moving from Scotland to Florida, some people thought our relationship wouldn't survive. Now we've been married almost 9 months and couldn't be happier.

So I wish you both the best, and take care of each other. Respect and honor each other during the worse of times.

------------------
****Formerly known as Miss Bonovista..Now known as Mrs.Emeraldscorpio.****

Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes:
trust us, although we've only been romantically involved for a few months, we've known each other for many years. it's something we've talked about and discussed many, many times online and on the phone, and also in person. it was not a decision meant to be taken lightly or done hastily.

Well, I wasnt sure how quickly was quickly, I was under the impression that it was like 2 weeks or something. If I remember correctly from things Ive been told, my parents were only together for 4 months before they decided to get married, and its almost their 19th anniversary, and dont even suggest what some of you are probably going to have the gall to suggest, Im 17 so fuck off. Anyways, its not ta say that it cant work. Very well, my skepticism is shaken, congratulations and all the best.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:

And dont even suggest what some of you are probably going to have the gall to suggest, Im 17 so fuck off.

Hahahaha..

That's quite a bitter statement, that really makes no sense.. Anything that includes the words 'fuck off' should at least be prefaced by some sort of explanation..

I also seriously doubt it takes really any 'gall' to suggest anything in a completely anonymous internet Web Forum.

L.Unplugged

Well, I wasnt sure how quickly was quickly, I was under the impression that it was like 2 weeks or something. If I remember correctly from things Ive been told, my parents were only together for 4 months before they decided to get married, and its almost their 19th anniversary, and dont even suggest what some of you are probably going to have the gall to suggest, Im 17 so fuck off. Anyways, its not ta say that it cant work. Very well, my skepticism is shaken, congratulations and all the best.

My husband and I got married after only knowing each other fora little over 5 months. We had a shotgun wedding and everyone doubted our love for each other because we moved along so hastily. Almost 8 years later we're still going strong. There's been a few bumps in the road but for the most part it's been smooth sailing. Much to the chagrin of the skeptics who had bets going on how long our marriage would last. Most people we knew gave it 6 months to a year.
wink.gif

But just because my husband and I got married so quickly doesn't mean the rule applies to every single person out there. Sometimes it takes months or even years for people to commit and this is fine if it works for them. Most times people who get married on a whim like I did have their marriages end in divorce - that is a fact, and a fact I knew full well going into my marriage. This isn't to say I doubted my commitment, as I firmly believe that if you have any doubt preceeding your walk down the aisle then perhaps marriage isn't in your best interest *just yet.* I wouldn't say my situation is truly unique, but it isn't the norm either. I certainly would never say "Oh, you knew him or 5 months? Get married already!" The best I could do if someone were to ask my advice is tell them to tread carefully and look into themselves and their partner before taking the plunge. Even though I got married so quickly, I hold my marriage vows in the highest regard - I made a promise to commit myself to my spouse in thick or thin, and my husband vice versa.

But anyway before I go on too much more, I just want to say congrats to the Gonzo-Rhodes party. May both of you continue to love honor and cherish each other on good times and bad. Marriage is a lot of work and is a two way street, but if the love is there it can conquer any obstacle. Best of luck to the happy newliweds!

Originally posted by Lemonite:
Hahahaha..

That's quite a bitter statement, that really makes no sense.. Anything that includes the words 'fuck off' should at least be prefaced by some sort of explanation..

I also seriously doubt it takes really any 'gall' to suggest anything in a completely anonymous internet Web Forum.

L.Unplugged

Sure it does make sense. If my parents got married after 4 months, people would probably assume that it was either for sex or that my mom was pregnant, but I was pointing out that Im 17 and theyve been married for 19 years, thus making that impossible. I made the apriori(sp) assumption that someone would assume that and bring it up, I was defending myself before anyone decided to make the attack. That fair? Yes, so thanks.

~UFF~Plugged in and lovin it so hah!~
(lol, sorry
tongue.gif
)

Sure it does make sense. I was defending myself before anyone decided to make the attack.

Ah, well, that makes more sense, I thought you were assuming that we'd just blow you off as an idealistic High School Girl who takes every feeling of lust for Love. Thanks for clearing that up.

I like it how you thought I was attacking you, I've never read someone write 'Hah' like a 'so there' kind of mocking statement before, I'll suggest it be standard procedure in FYM from now on at the end of every argument, It'd suit U2LA well in his recent jump into that land of debate.

L. Unplugged

Ah, well, that makes more sense, I thought you were assuming that we'd just blow you off as an idealistic High School Girl who takes every feeling of lust for Love. Thanks for clearing that up.

I like it how you thought I was attacking you, I've never read someone write 'Hah' like a 'so there' kind of mocking statement before, I'll suggest it be standard procedure in FYM from now on at the end of every argument, It'd suit U2LA well in his recent jump into that land of debate.

L. Unplugged

LOL... Yet another person out there who thinks Im a chick... anyone wanna toss me a few bucks for a sex change operation here? Then they wont have to suffer the embarassment of knowing theyre wrong and that Im a GUY... *fume*

* dumps Lemonhead on the Marqueses island with nothing but a Notre Dame hat and an apple pie

LOL... Yet another person out there who thinks Im a chick... anyone wanna toss me a few bucks for a sex change operation here? Then they wont have to suffer the embarassment of knowing theyre wrong and that Im a GUY... *fume*

LOL.. I NEVER thought you were a girl. If it makes you feel any better, people CONSTANTLY mistake me for a man. Constantly.
mad.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by Sicy:
Hey maybe you guyz should switch screen names.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Hahaha.. My fault, However, I don't quite think that anyone who mistakes your gender is going to be embarrassed.. FOXFIRE???... I mean come on, Wasnt there a 'girlpower' movie named that with Angelina Jolie .. I think...

L.Unplugged

Hahaha.. My fault, However, I don't quite think that anyone who mistakes your gender is going to be embarrassed.. FOXFIRE???... I mean come on, Wasnt there a 'girlpower' movie named that with Angelina Jolie .. I think...

L.Unplugged

Yes, youre right, made in 1996 apparently, which I hadnt even heard of until you mentioned it...

*goes to find another handle*

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Lemonite is a name I'd associate with females if you're gonna get so picky, dude!
Maybe we should call you Lemonette.

oooo... me like.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Lemonite is a name I'd associate with females if you're gonna get so picky, dude!
Maybe we should call you Lemonette.

Hahaha.. the good ol' 'Too-Shay' argument, gal!

Screaming Flower's just jealous that U2 didn't come to her college while she was there.

L.Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 03-12-2002).]

Screaming Flower's just jealous that U2 didn't come to her college while she was there.

don't you worry your little ethanol-clouded head, lemonette. i was at the show. that's all that matters.
icon28.gif

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
don't you worry your little ethanol-clouded head, lemonette. i was at the show. that's all that matters.

Again SC, 'Lemonette', Some way to throw out an insult... ouch. Hahah.. I'd expect more originality from a domer.. Oh Well.. I guess that's why it was Male Only for so long.

L.Unplugged

and i guess little boys like you are the reason they started letting women into the irish guard.

Originally posted by Screaming Flower:
and i guess little boys like you are the reason they started letting women into the irish guard.

I find it amusing that Sicy has no idea whatsoever what we're talking about... yet she's laughing, and also, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no comment.

L.Unplugged

I find it amusing that Sicy has no idea whatsoever what we're talking about... yet she's laughing, and also, that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I have no comment.

L.Unplugged

You are truly an ASS! You really live in this clouded little world thinking you are far superior to everyone else. It's amazing, truly amazing. Enjoy your pie.

Shit, I forgot... anyone that didnt go to Notre Dame is stupid.

* smacks forehead

Back
Top Bottom