An AFL thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict
i guess it would be mostly aussies who follow AFL, others might know about it....

i follow Collingwood :up:, i was shatted when they lost the grand final last year, it was such a good game!

maggies fan too ey?
:)

i'm going down this week to see them play against adeliade, and the to essendon in round 22, should be good games.....

i hope they go one step further this year!

wooooo, that's a tough one
cause feyenoord will suck many a curd this season

but I'm game :mad:

nothing like drinks in the early morning :up:

then again
Pool is closer to my time zone
and I believe so is feyenoord

is there an AFL team you detest that I can support?
:wink:

hmmm plenty! essendon, carlton, the crows (jk), hawthorn, the bulldogs!!!!!! i really hate them :mad: , any vic team :D

we can drink any old time, really :up:

wooooo, if I support all of them then I'm sure at least one of my teams will win a match :hyper:

yesh, drinks :up:

choose the mighty Hawks salome...they'll come good again.

**cass leaves a full esky for the supporters...just happens to be full of your favourites**
you also have to wear one of these hats, and one of these scarves and one of these jumpers and grab hold of these giant pom poms and one of these meatpies and shout "CAAAAAAARN the HAWKS!!"......ahhh that's better!!

Chick magnet:D

collingwood had a win :hyper:, and i went down to the game drove 2 hours and we werent allowed in!, sold out appearntly! :rant:
then i listen to 3AW's broadcast and at the end they were told that more people were 'locked out' and there were over 10,000 seats still avalible! this has always happend at telstra dome!

yeah, maggies were a bit lucky to keep ahead there...
makes the top 8 interesting now:
2Collingwood 56
3Brisbane 54
4Adelaide 52
5Sydney 52
6Essendon 52
7Fremantle 52
8West Coast 48

of course percentage will count there too...but looks like Collingwood are gunna play brisbane in the first week of finals...
cause next we we play Essendon, if we win we finish 2nd, brisbane play western bulldogs, so you would expect brisi to win that one....
on the other hand.....if collingwood lose, we still play brisi but up in brisi :(, and if adeliade win, we play Port in adeliade
but of course on points, sydney & essendon can still make the top 4.....
theres my little wrap lol
so in summing up, collingwood gota beat essendon!, and bulldogs have to lock the brisbane players in the hotel room if they want to win.....

Last edited:
Bit lucky? Nah, you guys won fair and square and played some brilliant football. I was surprised we got to within 12 points in that last quarter.

I sincerely do hope Brisbane knock the dogs right out. As a team, the bulldogs are a nasty bunch who never play fairly. I dont think they deserve their success a lot of the time. But I'm hopelessly biased. I hate them almost as much as I love the Swans lol.

Its one interesting 8 this year. Whats going on with Freemantle? I dont pay much attention to them, but usually they're straggling as either the spooners or very near the bottom. Its good to see them have a chance.

These finals are going to be very tough. Some class competition all round this year.

:hyper:

freo arent a bad side, but they would want a home final, because they've stuggled in melbourne against the better sides.....

after todays games the 8 looks like this:
1-Port Adelaide 68
2-Collingwood 56
3-Brisbane Lions 54
4-Adelaide 52
5-West Coast 52
6-Sydney 52
7-Essendon 52
8 Fremantle 52

freo kinda screwd themselves with that loss to esendon yesterday...
heres how i think the 8 will finish, if collingwood win against essendon

1-Port (there safe) 72
2-Collingwood 60
3-Brisbane 58
4-Sydney 56
5-Freemantle 56
6-Adeliade 52
7-West Coast 52
8-Essendon 52

so next week, i've gone Syndey to beat melbourne, port to beat adeliade, collingwood to beat essendon, and freo to upset west coast
so week one of finals :
Port Adeliade V Sydney @ Adeliade
Collingwood V Brisbane @ Melbourne
Freemantle V Essendon @ Perth
Adeliade V West Coast @ Adeliade

haha i sound like a big expert now :lol:
cant wait for next week!!

i agree sydney can beat melbourne, i think adelaide will upset port, collingwood can beat essendon. i'm not sure about freemantle though...i hope they win, ive viewed them as underdogs the whole time.

hmm

i'm off to the big one tommrow night....the pies vs the dons, should a be a cracker!!
although i will be dissapointed if collingwood lose, i hope they dont get floged!

tonights game was great!!!, and the pies got up and have cemented 2nd place, and got a home final!!
tell ya what though, if Hird had have kept on his game for a whole 4 quarters, could have been a diffrent story, lloyd also didnt play well......maybe he dosent know what to choose, AFL or Neighbours :lol:

Back
Top Bottom