Amy Adams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I saw Enchanted over the weekend and thought she was so perfect in it. I have never rented Junebug (for which she received an Oscar nomination for Supporting Actress) but now I have to. I looked her up online and the director of Enchanted said that all the other actresses who auditioned just had way too much "wink", that she read for the part perfectly and that she even looks like a Disney character(I'd say The Little Mermaid). I think she's gorgeous, now I'm slightly obsessed with her :wink:

She is in Charlie Wilson's War with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, out later this month.

AmyAdams_Grani_6800396_Max.jpg

amyadams01.jpg

Last edited:
She was perfect in Enchanted.

I saw Junebug to see this Amy Adams everything was talking about. The movie was only okay, but I enjoyed her character and performance a lot.

She was in three episodes of The Office. She originally came in as a purse salesman, and then appeared on two other episodes when she was dating Jim.

Oh, that's right! She was in the booze cruise episode, yes? I was so confused by the purse references in this thread.

Yes, Mrs. Springsteen, rent Junebug. An excellent film! Amy is truly amazing in it. Though be forewarned, it is not a typical Hollywood movie. Its a gentle paced, subtle "slice of life" film. Have you seen the film called The Station Agent (2003)? I believe that it would make a great companion film and Amy's role in Junebug reminded me of the coffee stand operator -"Joe's" role in Station Agent

corianderstem said:
I was so confused by the purse references in this thread.

Probably because I made girl plural in my original post, rendering the reference much less funny.

Stupid, George Michael! Stupid!

But yeah, she's a fox.

I've never seen Station Agent but I like slice of life type of movies that aren't typical Hollywood movies. I have to rent Junebug asap, I was going there to rent Waitress soon anyway. She was also in Talledega Nights, I saw a picture online and she had glasses- she looked nothing like Giselle in Enchanted. She has been in several tv shows including Buffy, West Wing, Charmed, That 70's Show.

I'd have to agree about being perfectly cast for Enchanted, and she did indeed have that Disney character thing going on :up:

I really, really enjoyed The Station Agent.

Now I have to run out and find out what episode she did for Buffy!

Edit: Ahhh, Tara's cousin Beth in the episode "Family," where Tara's evil family shows up and tries to tell her how bad and evil and naughty she is for being a witch like her mom.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation, guys. :up:

I thought she was good in Talladega Nights, too; her monologue in the bar absolutely kills me.

She was also in a really shitty episode of Smallville as a girl on a kryptonite diet. It was as bad as it sounds.

I rented Junebug over the weekend, it was ok (the guy from the OC was in it too, that was weird) but she was definitely adorable :wink: To play that part and make it believable and likable was impressive.

I saw a preview for a movie starring Amy Adams and Frances McDormand. I can't remember the title, but it looks pretty good. I do believe it's a period-piece comedy ... if not, the trailer is horribly misleading. :wink:

Mrs. (so-and-so) Lives For a Day? Something like that.

Back
Top Bottom