Amster Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
Did anyone else go to this event?

This was a concert "mash up" on Randall's Island off of Manhattan.

Main acts included Grandmaster Flash headlining the B Stage

Main Stage: Fat Joe, Garbage, 311, Wyclef, Snoop Dog, and the Chili Peppers

311 - Rocked hard....played a few new tunes which were lots of fun

Wyclef was probably the best performer....did a medley of cover "snippets" including Cyprus Hill's Insane in the Brain and House of Pain's Jump Around etc. He also did Bob Marley's Redemption song, busted out some old Fugees material, and did some scatting as well.

Snoop - off the Hiz-ook. He was great, smoking bones on stage and getting the party started. Puff Daddy made a guest appearance w/ Snoop and they smoked lots of pot together on stage. LOL

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - were so crazy, high energy. played lots of material off of Californication as well as the newer album w/ Dosed and Zepher. Snoop came out as well as Bootsy Collins and they all jammed for about 30 minutes w/ the highlight being a 10 minute version of James Brown's Get Up, get on up, like a sex machine. shake your money maker, shake your money maker....good time had by all.

NEGATIVE - only 2 tents to buy beer. line was about 2 hours long. eventually they just took heinkens out of the truck and poured them into cups, WARM beer. Later on, they just simply ran out. Booooooo !! the lines were chaotic w/ people cutting etc. bad scene.

overall, fun time.....

Ooh good thing I didn't go to this. I had been curious. I'm a sucker for the Chili's older stuff.

Here's to hoping Across the Narrows will go better!

my disappointment w/ the Chili Peppers was that they jammed for too long w/ Bootsy and Snoop.....we were denied such fan favorites as Knock Me Down, Under the Bridge, SUck My Kiss, and Higher Ground

highlight was Snoop Dog singing "give it away, give it away now, give it away now, it's the Chili Peppers jamming w/ the Bow Bow":wink:

nope, no such luck. perhaps if they didn't jam so much w/ Bootsy and Snoop, they would have had more time for the older gems. Still a kick a$$ show none the less.

Back
Top Bottom