American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the shit is this Nick/Norman bullshit about?

I can't tell if I'm irritated about it or secretly pleased.

Can I tell you guys a secret? I think I'm finally getting fed up with this show. :shh:

Maybe that means I'll do everything in my power to see that Nick/Norman gets through to the next round.

I kept thinking that the fact they were singing more current songs would be a treat...but boy was i wrong:|:| there was so much more talent in the group last week...who decides what group they get to sing in? random? or planned?...anyway , like I said earlier...just painful

I'm also torn by really liking Alison and being really annoyed by her. Great, big voice. Too many annoying vocal and facial ticks.

I think Nick/Norman really should not be a finalist on American Idol...but, jeez, I love him. So entertaining! :lol: :heart:

I really wasn't over the moon about any of the girls last night. :shrug: Overall...not a very good night. I really liked Adam though! :up:

I dozed off on the couch and missed Jasmine, but woke up in time to catch Matt. It started off so well, but then he just started sounding out of breath and weird. I was bummed he didn't do better.

As soon as he said he was doing "Viva La Vida", I was like, "dude, what the hell?". I know that's not the type of song for him to be singing. From what I've surmised from lurking on a few Idol forums, he has a pretty big fanbase. Even if he doesn't get through tonight, I'm guessing the judges will put him the Wild Card round.

ETA: Nick/Norman is hilarious.:lol:

I'm none too happy that weak ass Kris Allen dude made it in over Megan Corkrey, but I think they're gonna bring her back for the Wild Card round so it's all good.

And Brooke White is as sweet and timid as ever! Her song was cool, too. I'll probably download it.

1zexbfd.jpg

+

rr6r9x.jpg

+

2mmbpeq.jpg
:yuck:

The moment Danny is voted off, I'm not going to watch anymore. I think they've found all the "talent" there is to find.

There's something I really like about Allison.

There's also something that really bugs the shit out of my about Allison.

Kris, Adam, and Allison

I hope they bring Matt G. and Megan back for the wild card. Next week's batch doesn't look to memorable. Couldn't they have put these two in that grouping? :shrug:

Kris, Adam, and Allison

I hope they bring Matt G. and Megan back for the wild card. Next week's batch doesn't look to memorable. Couldn't they have put these two in that grouping? :shrug:

Yeah, I'm really hoping that as well. For Matt, of course, but aside from Alexis and Jackie from the first group, Megan was one of the only girls I like this year. I have a feeling it'll be a guy's year again.

Megan waas cute a quirky and she was able to sing a more current song and not sound riduculous...I cannot imagine she did not make it...hoping the judges will bring her back

Scott, Lil' Rounds, Kristin, and Nathaniel were my favorites of the night. Scott was definitely the best, and I really hope he makes it through. That was classic when he asked Ryan to high-five him on a stationary target.:lol: Also, the moments after Nathaniel's commentary over at the table were hilarious.
Ryan: "Simon, do you want a garter on your head?" The look on Simon's face after that was priceless.:laugh:

Alright, that Felicia girl. Wow. Her name rhymes with Alicia, she looks a LOT like Alicia Keys, she picked an Alicia Keys song, and it sounded exactly like Alicia Keys' version. That shit was wild, yo. I like her.

Is it wrong to think the blind guy isn't that good?

I guess it's more wrong to call him "the blind guy" but I can't ever remember anyone's name until they get to the final five.

He's not that good. :reject: Or at least he wasn't tonight. And who picks Bruce Hornsby for American Idol???

Edit: Oh, they're tongue-bathing him, just like Danny. So per Kara, it's okay if you sing a shitty note as long as you're singing from the heart? What bullshittery is that?

I know. They're just being nice because he's blind. I'm sorry, but that's what it comes down to. If it were anyone else, Simon would make a cruise ship joke. Nice guy and all, and courageous, and yadda yadda yadda...but, American Idol? I think not.

Yeah, I'm not that impressed with the blind guy. I'm sure he's a wonderful person, but I don't really want him in the American Idol Top 12. Then again, a couple of weak voices have made it to the Top 12 already, so whatever.

I forgot to mention earlier that I really liked Jorge Nunez. Dude can sing, and that was a nice moment there when he was so overcome with joy that he started spouting off words in Spanish.

Of the females, I liked Lil Rounds and Felicia. Kristen was alright, too. The guys didn't do much for me tonight :shrug: I really didn't care for Nathaniel and the Meatloaf song :yuck: Blind guy, aka Scott, was alright, but didn't deserve the tongue bathing. I just don't think he belongs on AI, and not because he's blind. Ju'not was alright, but since I hate that song, I can't get past that to enjoy the performance. That kid, Alex (?) :grunt:, um, no. Just no. Von wasn't horrible, and that leaves Jorge.

So is this Kendall broad any good? I don't know her, but she's a friend of a friend who was telling everyone in seminar today to vote for her tonight. I don't watch American Idol, so I wouldn't know anything about it.

So is this Kendall broad any good? I don't know her, but she's a friend of a friend who was telling everyone in seminar today to vote for her tonight. I don't watch American Idol, so I wouldn't know anything about it.

She's a cute, bubbly blonde girl so I kinda like her. Not the best singer, but she's got a decent enough voice and there's a chance she'll do well because cute girls who sing country songs have a history of succeeding on the show.

I really enjoyed Ju'Not's version of the song...I do not like the original, I really liked the slow R&B take on it...in the group last night, they all did have way decent, unlike the other groups where so many of them choked...I have a hard time predicting who might get through:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom