American Idol - Season 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tatiana can't believe she's out, did you see her face?

Yes, I even rewound it a few times to watch. Looks llike Ryan moved in front of her at the end to cover her crying face, LOL (probably not intentionally).

So if Michael & Anoop were 20,000 votes apart, doesn't that mean that Danny fell somewhere between them and it was really that close? :shrug:

I don't think Michael's was the strongest performance the other night, but he's got the likeability factor going for him.

I think next week's batch of contestants may be pretty tough. I mean right off the bat, there's Matt G., Adam, Jasmine,... I can't recall, but looked like a good bunch. Maybe this is where Norman or Nick or whatever his name (the character) gets booted.

this new selection format blows. :angry:

Yeah, it really does.

I'm glad that Alexis and Danny are in the Top 12. I like both of them. Oil-rig dude sucks, though. Whatever.

And I gotta say, Tatiana endeared herself to me a bit over these last two episodes. I'd have rather seen her make it through than oil-rig dude. She's certifiably insane, don't get me wrong, but god dammit she's entertaining. We haven't had a schizophrenic on national TV in a long time. I'll bet they bring her back for the wild card round, just for the drama. (Please bring back Casey, too!)

I don't like the new process, but whatever. I fully expect we'll see Jamar back for the wild card bit.

I don't like the whole "what does the family think" bit on the couches after they sang. That's very annoying.

I didn't watch last night (although I caught the last 10 minutes so got to see Tatiana's reaction - glad she's gone). I think I'm going to skip the results shows this year. Or at least not make a point of watching them. It's so much less irritating to look online to see who made it through.

And hey - no group sings to suffer through!

Last night's rendition of "I'm Yours" sounded like they ripped it straight off the new Kidz Bop album.
This is the first and last results show I watch this season. I can't stand them.

Yes, I even rewound it a few times to watch. Looks llike Ryan moved in front of her at the end to cover her crying face, LOL (probably not intentionally).

So if Michael & Anoop were 20,000 votes apart, doesn't that mean that Danny fell somewhere between them and it was really that close? :shrug:

I don't think Michael's was the strongest performance the other night, but he's got the likeability factor going for him.

I think next week's batch of contestants may be pretty tough. I mean right off the bat, there's Matt G., Adam, Jasmine,... I can't recall, but looked like a good bunch. Maybe this is where Norman or Nick or whatever his name (the character) gets booted.

The look of surprise when they expect to be moving on is always a must-see. Past notables include LaToya London and Chris Daughtry (I still think something was afoot in the Daughtry vote, but whatever).

I always take Ryan's little "so and so were such and such votes apart" remarks with sizable grains of salt. That said I'm guessing that Anoop was the "first out" and Tatiana etc were behind him...I don't know that they have the last 2 (or 3) people as the "last in/first out" necessarily. Could be wrong though...

but if the votes between Michael & Anoop were 20,000 apart... you would have to think that Danny still had to have more votes than Anoop to qualify as the third person in :shrug:

The group sing was atrocious :yikes:

That's what I'm getting at though, just because Danny was the 3rd person in time wise on the show doesn't necessarily mean he had the 3rd-most votes (I don't think anyway). I'm thinking Michael probably had the 3rd-most votes, and Anoop the 4th.

And yes, the group sing :down:

I did enjoy seeing Carly though :) Still one of my favs from last year.

She's certifiably insane, don't get me wrong, but god dammit she's entertaining. We haven't had a schizophrenic on national TV in a long time. I'll bet they bring her back for the wild card round, just for the drama. (Please bring back Casey, too!)

but we still have juiced up Paula!:wink::lol:

I did like the look that Tatiana gave Seacrest when he asked her "what would the psychic say about your fate?"

She looked at him like "fuck you and tell me if I'm staying or not" and then realized she'd better give some standard b.s. response about "up to fans, up to god, blah blah blah oh dear god just put me out of my misery."

I did like the look that Tatiana gave Seacrest when he asked her "what would the psychic say about your fate?"

She looked at him like "fuck you and tell me if I'm staying or not" and then realized she'd better give some standard b.s. response about "up to fans, up to god, blah blah blah oh dear god just put me out of my misery."

Haha yes! She said "It's up to the power of love", too. That cracked me up. The girl has obviously been listening to her Huey Lewis and the News.

Oh really? I was like wtf when I went to watch it last night and it wasnt on. :angry:

Yeah, tonight is 12 more live performances. I think they pushed it back a day because of Obama's big speech to Congress last night.

I just read some reviews elsewhere. What the hell happens when they get on the stage with the cameras? Do they just freak out? :shrug:

Man In The Mirror was not that bad. But yeah... why are these people singing MJ songs??? They're on a league of their own!

I vote Allison, Adam and..... :hmm: dunno.

Alright, here's the deal...that was brutal. Probably the worst group of singers the show has ever had this deep into the competition. Ugh.

Adam Lambert, so help me God, is the new David Cook. He's going to be doing exactly what Cook did last year, taking classic songs and "making them his own" with his horrifically over the top vocals. And the judges are going to eat it up every week. Fuck. Except the thing is, Cook actually had a better personality than this schmuck. Everything about this dude grates on me in the worst possibly way, and he's going to be around for a long time, so I'll try to keep my whining about how much he SUCKS to a minimum.

Girl who sang the Heart song (Allison?) has a good, strong voice but she's weird. As Simon pointed out, her interview with Seacrest before she sang was embarrassingly awkward. I spaced out during fat, sweaty welder dude's Tonic song because it was so mind-numbingly dull. Mishavonna was pretty good with Drops of Jupiter. And Megan Corkrey, with her little dance, is just about the cutest thing in the world. But everyone else was terrible. Seriously bad. And if that jackass Norman Gentle guy makes it into the American Idol Top 12 because of his ability to come out and act like a clown on national TV, I'll be pissed off.

Sorry, that probably came off as a bit too angry. I'm not actually that angry in real life, but thanks for giving me a place to rant and vent my frustrations. Hooray for American Idol! :happy:

I dozed off on the couch and missed Jasmine, but woke up in time to catch Matt. It started off so well, but then he just started sounding out of breath and weird. I was bummed he didn't do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom