American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update, According to mjsbigblog...

Here’s what we got so far:

Jason Castro - “Memory” per Joan in Popwatch comments.
Carly Smithson - “Jesus Christ Superstar” according to Andrew Lloyd Webber.
David Archuleta - “Think of Me” per Idol Forums

So, are they saying Carly is actually singing the title song itself or another song from that play?

From here:

“Carly — she’s the Irish one, isn’t she? — Carly was going to do ‘All I Ask of You’ (from “Phantom”), and I felt a bit of a turncoat in this theater of all places, saying, ‘This is wildly unsuited for you, darling. I said to her, ‘It’s crazy, you’ve got to do a rock-and-roll song. Better to do “Jesus Christ Superstar.” I think she’ll rock the place out with it,” he chuckles. “We’ll see how much they take of what I said — or not. I’ll probably be cut to shreds (in editing).”

If anyone sings "Memory," I'm going to dig my eardrums out with a rusty spoon.
:evil:
Better keep your spoon handy, you know, just in case.

Huh - I hope she does sing that, but I was guessing she'd be singing "I Don't Know How to Love Him."

I'd prefer the title song and would be interesting to see her rock out with it.

Daddysgonnapay said:
please tell me David A is not singing "Memory" :sick:

Jason did. And it sounded pretty bad...

So far, no one is doing much good. "Brookie" is probably going to be in trouble after that horrendous rendition of "You Must Love Me".

David A has NO stage presence. Why do they NEVER tell him that? I hat the lifted up hand out to the side. It's his only move.

drdre12 said:
David A has NO stage presence. Why do they NEVER tell him that? I hat the lifted up hand out to the side. It's his only move.

True. But I must say I actually liked what he did tonight. And I normally hate him. He re-created the song quite well and changed it up a little bit.

Of course they thought he was "the bomb" Simon was exactly right about him. So over him.

David. Hmmmm....like that he tried something different. I didn't think he had the voice for it, or was emotionally connected. (as a huge fan of Phantom)

Last note was good though.

Judges---REALLY? Wow, I must be hearing something different.

Well, "The Music of the Night" is my favorite Lloyd Webber song, so David C. gets props for that. I do not think any of Lloyd Webber's songs would have worked with a metal arrangement...

By 10 o'clock my fingers will be bleeding from my non-stop Brooke voting.

Anyone wanna help me out and give Brooke some votes? :wink:

I see you're already voting for her Zootles. :up:

drdre12 said:
David. Hmmmm....like that he tried something different. I didn't think he had the voice for it, or was emotionally connected. (as a huge fan of Phantom)

Last note was good though.

Judges---REALLY? Wow, I must be hearing something different.

I'm listening to this right now and am not impressed. Perhaps because I was listening to the Phantom movie soundtrack and watched the musical many times.

I do not like the robot! Personality, my ass!!!

^^ YES! let's do it!

Maybe if all the Idol-watching members of Interference vote a million times for Brookie we can save her!

You Must Love Me? Blerg. Most boring Oscar-winning song ever. And I LIKE the movie!

Seriously - not the best song to showcase anyone's voice. It's got very limited range.

Back
Top Bottom