American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But am I the only one disturbed to see a kid not even old enough to vote wearing leather pants?

Yes that was disturbing, it felt wrong somehow.

I missed "after the break" last night, why did they have David A isolated? Does he have a communicable disease? :wink:

I think Brooke is safe for a couple of weeks now, as I figure she inherits Kristy's votes (as I'm guessing Syesha might have inherited Ramiele's).

I didn't care for Mariah's song at all. :shrug: :yawn:

Elliott was good, I cried at the end (I'm such a wuss). :sad:

As for who got sent home.................:yippie:

The evil part of me is happy that the guy won't sell her horse back to her...serves her right for selling him in the first place. Jeez, I mean she obviously loved the horse...but selling him made it perfectly clear that she valued a shot at fame more than she valued her horse, so why should the guy let her buy him back??

Sorry, I know that sounds really judgemental and nasty of me, but I just can't fathom selling a beloved pet for a shot at stardom. I understand that sometimes there are life situations where it is best that a pet goes to another home...but she sold him for quick cash to fund that trip, that was her reason. Now she wants him back?? Pfft! Why, so she can sell him again when she wants to buy studio time or something?

I'm with you Bonochick--how could a person sell something they claimed to love. I wouldn't sell my dog who has brought me so much happiness. Now my husband-that's another story. (just kiddin') Glad Kristy Lee is gone-yay!! David Cook :rockon: :bow: Mariah Scarey :madspit:

CTU2fan said:
I think Brooke is safe for a couple of weeks now, as I figure she inherits Kristy's votes (as I'm guessing Syesha might have inherited Ramiele's).

Brooke can only be safe if "Vote for the Worst" pick her as the next worse thing...

I have just downloaded "Always be my Baby" by David Cook from iTunes and it actually sounds quite nice... better than the live performance. This kid has everything to win, unless AI producers pull a "Chris Daughtry" on him. After all, Chris Daughtry was clearly the artist with the most potential and clearly outsold Taylor Hicks and Kat McPhee...

I can understand why she sold the horse....I have horses, and it is a lot different selling a horse than a dog, but I agree she should not expect the guy to sell the horse back, I mean, why should he? Besides, she will not have time to be riding or working the horse because she will be gone touring etc. so the horse is better off with its new owner, whom Kristy admitted was a good home. And she casn always buy another horse...there are certainly enough of them who need a good home, maybe she could do some good and rescue one from slaughter...I could certainly guide her in that direction if she needs some help finding 1 :wink:

American Idol-Top Seven Results

After 36 million votes, we have arrived on results night. Which six Idol-ettes will stay, and who will leave us? But before we get to that, Idol has some business to attend to. Mariah Carey is going to perform, as is Elliott Yamin. We’ll get to your important phone calls and loads of other wasteful filler.

Speaking of wasteful filler, it’s the group sing. The contestants sing Mariah’s hit with Boys II Men “One Sweet Day.” Mariah songs are a potpourri of glory notes, caterwauling and melisma. Brooke and Jason’s laid-back style seems to get lost, and Syesha tries to over power David C but I am immune to her charms. And is David A wearing a Members Only jacket? What are the stylists smoking?

Hey Idol watchers. Have you voted for this season’s Idol coronation song? I haven’t even listened to them. I’m too scared.

For the elimination process, Idol brings out the tired, old, “Let’s mess with people’s heads and put them into groups” card. Jason is put into one group, and David C is put into another. Kristy “Simon is a butt” Lee joins David C.

Before we get to more results, we get the latest pimpmercial. The contestants sing “I Want to Break Free” in a piece that combines “Office Space” with puppets. Yes, I too, have wanted to break the shackles of working for the man.

Ever the trouper, my boychik Elliott Yamin sings his latest single, “Free.” At the end of the song he shows us something written on his palm. It says, “We Miss You Mom.” Is Idol trying to make my tear ducts over time? I’m so glad Ryan acknowledged the sad passing of Mamaleh Yamin. I miss seeing her in the audience. She was the ideal Idol parent.

Now it’s time for more results. Syesha joins Jason and Carly. And after Brooke dedicates her performance to vegetarians every where, she joins David C and Kristy. Who’s left? Ah, yes, the chosen one, David A.

Oh gee, more calls? But we did learn some fascinating facts. Kristy Lee hasn’t bought back her horse but he has a good home. Randy’s first records were Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and James Brown. Paula’s first records were the Jackson 5, Earth, Wind and Fire, and Carole King. And Simon’s first record was Paula’s “Straight Up.” Children everywhere ask, “What are records?” What songs describe Paula’s relationship with Simon? Hmm, “Opposites Attract,” “Cold Hearted Snake” and “Straight Up.” Nope, I don’t want to contemplate that last song either. We also learn that Simon’s stable of critiques all lead to one thing; “your performance was horrible.” And David C is single! OMG!!!! Squee!!!! I wonder if he likes redheads?

Now it’s time for Mariah to sing her latest hit, “Bye-Bye.” Why must this nearly 40-year-old woman write songs like she’s still in kindergarten? With all the money it took to bedazzle her microphone and mic stand, Mariah could have bought an actual dress. She’s the Diva Barbie.

Finally, David A is brought out on stage. He is announced safe. Gee, aren’t you shocked? David C and Syesha are asked to switch places. Hmm, interesting. But David A is asked to choose the safe group. Shouldn’t this be played out by now? David A sits on the floor. He’s not choosing any group. Yea, that will teach them! We soon learn David C, Carly and Jason are safe.

That means Kristy Lee, Brooke and Syesha and bottom three. Just as she’s about to have a nervous breakdown, Brooke is announced safe. Syesha is also safe. Yes, that means Kristy Lee is finally going home. She couldn’t last “forever.” Maybe she can get her horse back. But watching her serenade Simon really creeped me out.

people.com

She may have been cut from American Idol on Wednesday, but Kristy Lee Cook has something else to look forward to — her wedding.

The 24-year-old country singer from Selma, Ore., is engaged to Andy Dobner. Her ring, a marquis cut, has “quite a few diamonds on it,” the singer told reporters Thursday. “We kind of picked it out together a long time ago just kind of for fun, shopping around for a ring.”

Although they haven’t set a date yet, Cook said they’re thinking of next June. As for her dream wedding, Cook says, “I would love to have Jason Aldean sing at the wedding or I would say Celine Dion.” The American Idol judges are also “definitely” invited, but they may want to keep their opinions to themselves.

Says Cook, “I’ve always wanted to sing at my own wedding since I was little.”

The couple were set up by a mutual friend while Cook was waiting tables at an Italian restaurant in Grants Pass, Ore.

“He had just been in the woods chopping down Christmas trees,” Cook told PEOPLE. “He came down [to the restaurant] and he was so cute, and he sat down in a booth and when I was walking off all the girls caught him double looking at me hanging out of the booth! And I was like, ‘Hey, you know I need a Christmas tree,’ and he said, ‘Well, I’ll take you up and we’ll go.’ So, I gave him my number and he called me up 20 minutes later while I was at work and said, ‘You want to do something tomorrow?’”

Although Dobner proposed while the pair were soaking in a sauna on March 15, Cook told reporters she wanted to keep it on the down low, so she could focus on American Idol. But her beau surprised her with a very public proposal when he popped the question on television on American Idol Extra, airing Thursday. “He reenacted the proposal and actually got down on his knees this time,” Cook said. “The first time he didn’t so he owed it to me.”

And now you can own your very own special Archu-D2 t-shirt - Dracula Edition.

16bfvw5.jpg

corianderstem said:
Kristy Lee finally going home was almost the highlight of my vacation.

:lol:

And that Archu-D2 shirt is hideous.

Andrew Lloyd Webber night tomorrow. I am not too sure what the guy has done in his career, and I'm way too lazy to wikipedia him right now. He did Phantom of the Opera, right? I'm just trying to get an idea of what to expect. Anybody have any clues?

GirlsAloudFan said:
I am not too sure what the guy has done in his career

Holy shit, dude. Really?

Phantom of the Opera
Jesus Christ Superstar ( :heart: )
Evita
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Cats

... should I go on? Love him or hate him, he's written some of the most well-known musicals of the last few decades.

If anyone sings "Memory," I'm going to dig my eardrums out with a rusty spoon.

corianderstem said:

Phantom of the Opera
Evita
Cats

Ooooh ok that helps me understand this Webber guy more, thanks.

I saw the Madonna version of Evita when it first came out and liked it.

I definitely remember that my middle school did a performance of Jesus Christ Superstar back in the day haha. And I remember the title song being ridiculously big and catchy.

The only thing I know about Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is that Kramer got to wear the dreamcoat in a hilarious episode of Seinfeld. So, that's a good sign I think.

Maybe Brooke will wear the dreamcoat when she performs tomorrow...that would be hot.

corianderstem said:

Holy shit, dude. Really?

Phantom of the Opera
Evita
Cats

... should I go on? Love him or hate him, he's written some of the most well-known musicals of the last few decades.

If anyone sings "Memory," I'm going to dig my eardrums out with a rusty spoon.

In other words, ALW week is tailor-made for Archie. I think it's only fair that David Cook gets a Nickelback week and Jason gets a Mark Anthony week.

I honestly have no idea how this week is going to go. If I had to guess I'd say this is Syesha's last (glory note) stand. I think Kristy's votes mostly go to Brooke.

Tonight's going to be hilarious, I predict.

Or painful. Maybe hilariously painful. Or painfully hilarious.

If Lila's posted spoiler above is correct about which show Carly's song is from, I already know what Carly will be singing. I think she'll knock it out of the park.

Although I suppose not a lot from that musical will be used, since it's all about Jesus and stuff. If they edited out the "Jesus" bits from the religious song they sang on Idol Gives Back, I suppose "Superstar" and "Heaven On Their Minds" are off the list. Dang.

I don't know how true this is, but I read on one spoiler that Jason is going out of his "comfort zone" and trying something really different. I hope he owns it.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom