American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to admit it - Robin Williams just had me laughing my ass off.

I was like this :D the entire time he was on stage.

I thought it was pretty good overall. I just gotta say, I :love: Bono. I don't care what anyone says. He is who he is, and he wears his heart on his sleeve. Performance-wise Annie Lennox was amazing:drool: I loved the Idols' performances of "Seasons of Love" and "Shout to the Lord". I've been a big fan of both of those songs for years.:heart: Robin Williams is frickin' hilarious. "Simon, I love you in a Brokeback way!":lmao:

Last edited:
I only saw parts of it because I was trying to watch something else at the same time

But I think I'd still rather see and hear Teri Hatcher singing than Fergie. At the very least it's a dead heat, and I'd rather look at Teri :wink:

I liked Jimmy Kimmel making fun of Simon

American Idol-Idol Gives Back

I’ve decided not to write a full recap of “Idol Gives Back.” I’m on a lethal cocktail of ibuprofen and Riesling (or as Paula calls it, “Lunch”) so I just want to sit back, relax and watch the show. However, I will make a few comments about the highlights and lowlights.

The crew from “So You Think You Can Dance?” join the Idol contestants in the opening number, and totally blow them out of the water. I was totally thrilled by their dance moves, and the Idol-ettes just got lost in the shuffle. But what was Brooke wearing? A girl’s gym suit from 1959? And Ryan? Don’t ever dance again!

During the evening, countless celebrities will plead for us to give to Idol Gives Back. Many we are already familiar with, but who is Mary Murphy and why is she screaming at me?

The cost of Snoop Dogg’s bling could feed an entire African village for a year or pay for several kids to go to a State U.

Listening to Terry Hatcher sing is less painful than seeing her kiss Ryan Seacrest.

Billy Crystal and Miley Cyrus meet. Well, that’s a sentence I never thought I’d write. But was it really necessary for Miley to end up singing two songs? Especially when she can’t actually sing?

The Idol contestants are really earning their keep. They’re answering the phones. I should have called, and hopefully I could have gotten Ryan to say, “Golightly Grrl writes the best American Idol recaps ever!” What? Too self-serving?

I got to admit I really enjoyed Fergie joining forces with Heart on the blistering hot “Barracuda.” Wow, two one-handed cartwheels, Fergie? Color me impressed!

I think I can sum up Jimmy Kimmel’s roast of Simon in a few short words. Nipples, pepper mills, Olsen twins.

I totally loved the contestants singing “Seasons of Love” from “Rent.” Jason actually looks like he could be in “Rent.” David A looks like he could be in the Disney version of “Rent.”

We’re introduced to the recently crowned “Russian Idol” who turns out to be a very unfunny Robin Williams, complete with ugly shirt.

Throughout the evening, we learn about the good causes Idol is trying to help and the issues people in the United States and Africa are facing. I’m thrilled to see plenty of Bono. But one question, Bono. When is the next U2 album coming out? It’s been nearly four years. I can’t wait any longer.

Towards the end of the evening, Mariah Carey sings “Fly Like a Bird.” So nice for you to dress up, Mimi.

The Idol Contestants, dressed in white and accompanied by the Robed Choir of Absolute Sincerity, sing “Shout to the Lord.” Thursday night, the booted Idol will be shouting something else.

Who do you guys think is gettin' the boot tonight?

I think it'll be Syesha. She's a beautiful young girl and she has a big voice but I think it's her time.

She'll probably have a career as an actress or a correspondent on TV guide channel or somethin' so I won't feel too bad if she's gone.

I kind of think it'll be Syesha too, unfortunately. I'm a bit nervous for Carly though.

I'd love to see a guy eliminated though...

I TiVo'd the show, so never saw Mariah Carey. It cut off at 10:01, so I'm guessing the show ran late. Oh well. Thought it was pretty boring. I was able to fast forward thru a lot of it. I'm conflicted in watching the celebrities going to visit the different villages/cities/countries. I'm hoping it's more than a photo op for them and they are sincere in their desire to help. We all know of Bono's sincerity & it came thru for Annie Lennox too. I don't know... I try to give when I can, not cuz these celebs tell me to do so.

And I'm also confused about the Idols answering the phones & taking pledges. The show was filmed on Sunday 4/6, so who could have been calling? :|

The part at the Kodak theatre was taped Sunday. The part at the regular studio with the Idols in their RED/ONE/Africa gear, the "Seasons of Love" performance and the phone calls was all live last night.

LemonMelon said:

Why? The women are clearly inferior this year. The only one I really like at this point is Carly.

Because I don't particularly like any of them except Michael (and Dovid C is alright). My guess though is Brooke, Carly & Syesha in the bottom 3 with Syesha out.

Lila64 said:
so it was spliced together to look like one show? :scratch:

Yes. On Larry King on Monday night, Ryan said they shot the performances on Sunday, but that they would also show the contestants taking calls live at the studio on Wednesday/yesterday.

“American Idol” Finalists Will Sing Lloyd Webber Tunes April 22

As previously reported, Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber will be one of the mentors during the current season of FOX’s “American Idol” competition.

According to the Really Useful website, the remaining “Idol” finalists will perform Lloyd Webber tunes on the April 22 broadcast of the famed singing competition.

The broadcast will also feature footage of the award-winning composer guiding the contestants as they perform his songs on the set of Phantom: The Las Vegas Spectacular at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.

The April 23 “Idol” results show will feature Lloyd Webber performing live with the contestants.

:|

Last year at this time, didn't they give everyone a PASS to next week due to the Idol Gives Back week; if so, everyone carries over and the results of next week are added to this weeks vote and someone gets bumped NEXT time...I think.

I'll be pissed if they make me watch tonight and don't drop someone :grumpy: I have too much on TiVo to catch up on as it is, and there are new shows on NBC tonight!!!

I only watched the last 5 minutes cos I had no interest in wasting a whole hour with their ridiculous time waster of a show. But trust me, they dropped someone! Oh yeah they did!!!

OK, someone please spoil me.

I'm looking forward to Andrew Lloyd Weber night - it's going to be cheese-tastic! I hope someone does something from Jesus Christ Superstar (that's not I Don't Know How To Love Him).

Someone totally needs to do Heaven On Their Minds.

I guess I should have expected a surprising result after Kristy Lee gave the best performance and David Cook gave the worst in the same night, but damn.

Oh, and Ryan's fake-out at the end was pretty douchey.

Back
Top Bottom