American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brooke's album will be in my hands when it comes out, for sure.

And I'll give a listen to whatever the Nashville songwriting machine deems schmaltzy enough to be Kristy Lee's lead country-music single. :wink:

Zootlesque said:

:up:

Bono has become the most boring personality ever! What

a change from that crazy Mirrorball man stuff!

Yes, because going to Africa and campaigning is a contest in being the coolest and most exciting rock star.

:happy:

:|

last unicorn said:

Yes, because going to Africa and campaigning is a contest in being the coolest and most exciting rock star.

:happy:

:|

I didn't know that rabid Bono supporters and blind sheep such as you or u2girl even ventured outside of EYKIW! :laugh:

Seriously, Bono has ALWAYS been involved in issues, more so since 1984, Live Aid and since he went to Ethiopia when he saw the tragedy first hand. Doesn't mean he wasn't cool as heck with his stage antics and the various personas over the years. Don't even kid yourself that he never tried to be cool! There was a happy balance between his activist side and the fun playful side. It just seems to me that lately he's been more like 80% after Africa and 20% doing lame cheesy rock star poses like in the horrible Vertigo video or on stage... and saying arrogant shit like "Line 'em up!" "We're re-applying for the biggest band in the world" blah blah blah. His head seems to have gotten too big for him and he's not even cool anymore in concert! Half the shit he does is downright embarrassing! like the WTF moments of An Cat Dubh in Vertigo Chicago or in U2:3D when he is flapping his arms like he is trying to fly off the stage! So forgive me if he comes off as a combination of boring and cheesy. This is not the Bono I grew up with in the 90s. He used to be so much cooler and still involved in various social issues. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that this Bono we see on TV and in videos is actually an imposter and the real guy has been in captivity somewhere for the last 6 to 8 years! Poor Edge, Adam and Larry... I wonder what's going on in their minds! :( lol.

Zootlesque said:

I didn't know that rabid Bono supporters and blind sheep such as you or u2girl even ventured outside of EYKIW! :laugh:

Seriously, Bono has ALWAYS been involved in issues, more so since 1984, Live Aid and since he went to Ethiopia when he saw the tragedy first hand. Doesn't mean he wasn't cool as heck with his stage antics and the various personas over the years. Don't even kid yourself that he never tried to be cool! There was a happy balance between his activist side and the fun playful side. It just seems to me that lately he's been more like 80% after Africa and 20% doing lame cheesy rock star poses like in the horrible Vertigo video or on stage... and saying arrogant shit like "Line 'em up!" "We're re-applying for the biggest band in the world" blah blah blah. His head seems to have gotten too big for him and he's not even cool anymore in concert! Half the shit he does is downright embarrassing! like the WTF moments of An Cat Dubh in Vertigo Chicago or in U2:3D when he is flapping his arms like he is trying to fly off the stage! So forgive me if he comes off as a combination of boring and cheesy. This is not the Bono I grew up with in the 90s. He used to be so much cooler and still involved in various social issues. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that this Bono we see on TV and in videos is actually an imposter and the real guy has been in captivity somewhere for the last 6 to 8 years! Poor Edge, Adam and Larry... I wonder what's going on in their minds! :( lol.

:bono: is :mad: at this post.

Zootlesque said:

Are you Bono's personal secretary? :wink:

Haha yes I am actually. He just hired me the other day. I'm getting $6.50 an hour. :wink:

And I do agree with you wholeheartedly on some of the goofy stuff he was doing during An Cat Dubh on the Chicago DVD.

But back to Idol....the Gives Back shindig starts in approximately 35 minutes! Thank god I have nothing better to do on a Wednesday night than watch a 2 1/2 hour long glorified telethon.

:hyper:

I might end up watching it, now that I know that Next Top Model is a stinkin' clip show. :mad:

I might pop in a Bruce Springsteen DVD instead, though. :drool:

corianderstem said:
I might end up watching it, now that I know that Next Top Model is a stinkin' clip show. :mad:

I might pop in a Bruce Springsteen DVD instead, though. :drool:

Do you have the DVD of the London Hammersmith show from '75?

That is a kick-ass concert DVD, and if I had it in my possession I would maybe forego watching Idol myself.

HAHAHA ^

I know...do you think they will keep B's "appearance" till the end to keep us hooked?:mad:

That Triple H bit was hilariously ridiculous!

"If you're not down with that, I got 2 words for you... please give." :lmao:

What the hell was on Kobe's face?

And my god, if Carrie Underwood isn't the cutest, sweetest thing on Earth well then I don't know what is.

Pretty :yawn: so far.

The best moment for me was when Greg Grunberg got behind the drums. I love you, but stick to acting, pls. :lol:

George Michael sings Praying For Time?

Shit, now I have to watch it. I LOVE that song.

Edit: Oh, duh. Celine Dion. Never mind! :lol:

corianderstem said:
George Michael sings Praying For Time?

Shit, now I have to watch it. I LOVE that song.

Nooo George Michael wasn't on stage! :wink: Somebody else (Underwood?) sang his song.

Oh, I went back and edited, but I thought Celine was singing it, since that post came right after you guys said Celine was on.

Stop confusing me!

Back
Top Bottom