American Idol-Season 7 Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure she's just being genuine, but i'm getting sick of her pouty face every week. She's too serious and boring. Even Syesha stepped it up this week. Brooke should have done the same.

Jason's performance was about the snooziest thing I've ever seen on this show.

Re: Brooke. My memory fails me - has there been another contestant who stopped and started over? And she's done it TWICE. The first time she botched her song (Let It Be, wasn't it?), it was brief and a little smoother, but this just made me CRINGE. Poor thing.

She'd better have some fast-dialing fans to save her this week. But I think it's time for her to go.

Ooh, and Carly rocked.

And finally, I will admit to getting a little fangirly over David Cook tonight. Shit, that was really good. See? He CAN do something other than rocker-style. :wink:

Last edited:
I agree with cori that Carly rocked & David was :drool:
Brooke did bore me, as did Jason. Of the two, I'd send Brooke home first. She hasn't really had a strong performance in a while :shrug: Sorry GAF!

And Syesha was definitely good tonight - I think it's the first time she was herself. And she looked good too :up:

BTW, Dialidol had Kristy safe last week at #4 of the 7 contestants :shrug:

Lila64 said:
I agree with cori that Carly rocked & David was :drool:
Brooke did bore me, as did Jason. Of the two, I'd send Brooke home first. She hasn't really had a strong performance in a while :shrug: Sorry GAF!

And Syesha was definitely good tonight - I think it's the first time she was herself. And she looked good too :up:

Oh it's ok, you're totally right...Brooke has been struggling...the low point being last night's truly embarrassing screw-up. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that on Idol.

Syesha - yes I've been really liking Syesha more and more. She's a really beautiful girl and she seems to be full of life and a genuinely sweet person. I think she's got a bright future ahead of her in wherever she wants to go with her talents.

And ok, ok - I've been a big hater of the guy but D. Cook's performance last night was easily my favorite of his so far. At least it didn't have me cringing too much. :wink:

Lastly, I knew practically nothing about Andrew Lloyd Webber before this Idol thing but I really liked him last night. He seemed just like one of those really zany high school theater teachers...except he's won an Oscar and has more money than God. Some of the stuff he was saying to the contestants really cracked me up...and it helped that he had that stately British accent.

Andrew Lloyd Webber gets a :up: from me.

I thought is was ridiculous when Randy was talking to Jason. He said you should be singing Jack Johnson songs...well duh! Bet they won't be having a Jack Johnson night. They were getting on Jason that this wasn't his style and he shouldn't sing these songs....well, ya made him. I feel bad for Jason and it must have been hard for him to find ANY song that fit his voice. I can't even think of one that he could have sang. I feel like this night was different than "country" night or whatever. These songs are songs for people with big voices...that's it.

I was out and missed it, but I just watched David Cook on YouTube-I was very impressed. Almost everyone who sings that song tries to do a Michael Crawford impersonation and an over the top cartoon version of what they think that song should be. His was fantastic, and at this point I think if anyone other than David Cook wins it will be a joke. He proved he is not one dimensional with that performance, as long as he can do that again he should win.

It was sexy too. If he could act he could play that role.

Yeah, David Cook was very impressive last night! He showed that he does have another side to him and an awesome vocal range! I think the Daughtry comparisons can officially stop now.

The finals will come down to the two Davids, with Cook winning. Nobody else even has a shot, so it doesn't really matter what order they go home in.

I :heart: David Cook. After Michael's unfortunately early departure, I finally got off my lazy ass and started voting last night. I've usually started voting earlier in the season than this but I wasn't all that attached until now.

Poor Jason--I can't even think of a good ALW song that would have worked for him but picking the mega diva Betty Buckley "Memories" had to have been one of the worst choices he could have made.

American Idol-Top Six Perform

This week Idol is heading to Broadway and the Idol hopefuls get to sing the songs of the legendary Andrew Lloyd Weber. Weber, along with his partner Tim Rice, has composed music for famous musicals like “Jesus, Christ Superstar,” “Evita” and “Cats.” Will the contestants treat us to the “music of the night” or will we try to erase their performances from our “memory?” We shall soon find out.

I’ve been rather hard on Syesha in the past few weeks, but I always thought she had a Broadway musical side that needed to come out. Syesha sings “One Rock and Roll Too Many.” I loved this performance. Syesha sounded fabulous and really seemed to get into the song. Finally, she actually shows an emotional connection. She was saucy and fun; and I thought her flirtation with the band members was cute. Maybe she won’t grab the Idol crown, but I can definitely see her on Broadway. This was a great way to start the night.

Andrew Lloyd Weber has never written music for “Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke-The Musical” so Jason has to sing “Memory.” Hmm, it almost looks like his dreds were made out of an old costume from “Cats.” Ew, this performance is not good. Jason’s laid-back, hippie vibe doesn’t translate well, and his lower register is really weak. This song ended up being an endless dirge. And you could tell Jason wasn’t not getting into the song and his performance.

Now I’ve been a fan of Brooke’s since I first saw her audition. I love her voice, her sweetness and her curly blonde hair. However, I did not really her rendition of “You Must Love Me.” Though Brooke has the tender vulnerability to connect with this song, she seemed to be so uncomfortable. Her voice sometimes faltered (and her start and stop in the beginning won’t help her), and I wonder if she’s cracking under the pressure. This makes me sad for her because she’s so talented. But a Broadway musical star she is not. And she may be in danger of getting voted off.

After getting a hug from some of his tweener fans, David A sings “Think of Me.” David has the vocal chops but he is the performing equivalent of Ambien. He’s just so dull. And must he sing a ballad once again? David, you’re a young guy. Sing something fun and upbeat, kiddo! Well, at least he’s not wearing leather pants. I should be grateful for that. But could he please can it with the “Arm Reach of Sensitivity?” It’s so boy-bandish and cheesy.

Though I love Carly’s vocal prowess, I find her way too desperate as a performer. However, this changes after she sings “Jesus Christ, Superstar.” It was a treat to see Carly really get into a performance, rock out and have a ball on stage. Finally, she didn’t come across as “please love me” mess. I loved how her big, bluesy voice just belted the song out. I hope this performance keeps Carly in the competition. And I loved her boots and her bracelet. The dress? Not so much.

Already privy to some of David C’s high school musical theater performances (thanks to YouTube), I knew he’d do a great job with this theme. David sings “Music of the Night” and absolutely owns this song!!! He caressed the song in the softer parts and really belted when needed. He got the lyrics, and it never became an embarrassing karaoke performance. Some people have compared David to the DAUGHTRY, but DAUGHTRY couldn’t handle a Broadway song. Maybe because there isn’t a Nickelback version of “Don’t Cry for Me, Argentina.” David has surpassed the DAUGHTRY. He is so much more than a rocker. This was another star-making performance and probably the best of the night.

AI started off strong and ended up even stronger. Too bad there was so much meh in the middle. David C was my favorite, but I also loved Syesha and Carly. Jason and Brooke really disappointed me and I think either one could leave us this week. And whether I like it or not, David A will stick around for another week.

Golightly Grrl said:
Andrew Lloyd Weber has never written music for “Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke-The Musical” so Jason has to sing “Memory.” Hmm, it almost looks like his dreds were made out of an old costume from “Cats.” Ew, this performance is not good. Jason’s laid-back, hippie vibe doesn’t translate well, and his lower register is really weak. This song ended up being an endless dirge. And you could tell Jason wasn’t not getting into the song and his performance.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Golightly Grrl said:
American Idol-Top Six Perform

AI started off strong and ended up even stronger. Too bad there was so much meh in the middle. David C was my favorite, but I also loved Syesha and Carly. Jason and Brooke really disappointed me and I think either one could leave us this week. And whether I like it or not, David A will stick around for another week.

↑what she said :yes:

I think the performances of the night were the people that obviously showed personality, which were Cook, Syesha, and Carly. Jason and D2 were consistent and boring as they are every week, and Brooke just seems like she's got no confidence at all. I think Brooke is toast.

I missed all the dialogue before Syesha sang. I didn't recognize the song - what musical was that from?

While I still don't like David A one little bit, I did like how they did the arrangement for Think Of Me. They did a nice job of making it more modern, or at least non-musical theater.

Well, no wonder. I always stayed far, far away from that musical. I heard it had something to do with roller skates, and that was enough for me. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Well, no wonder. I always stayed far, far away from that musical. I heard it had something to do with roller skates, and that was enough for me. :wink:

My good friend was in it on Broadway. :angry:

I didn't like it. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom