American Idol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed about John going, not only because he's not the best on there, but also because now maybe people will hopefully quit with all the threats and stuff towards him.

I discovered tonight that I am getting way into this show...when it came down to George and John, I was actually shaking, I was very anxious for them to get to the announcing of who was gonna leave. Crazy.

Angela

its ALSO A GUILTY pleasure of mine

poor john stevens got squeezed out because he was forced to sing in categories which DID NOT suit his style and voice

its those who survive those genres that do come out on top

then again... its all merely a popularity contest

hmm

:eyebrow:

I agree that Jasmine and George should have been in the bottom two. I was sad to see George go because I like him, but I couldn't see him winning the competition, so it was just a matter of when he was gonna get sent him.

I'm sad to see George go, but I agree that he was not going to win the whole thing. My favorite right now is Fantasia. All the young women left have great voices, but I think Fantasia's got those intangible qualities that make a great artist.

HeartlandGirl said:
I'm sad to see George go, but I agree that he was not going to win the whole thing. My favorite right now is Fantasia. All the young women left have great voices, but I think Fantasia's got those intangible qualities that make a great artist.

Fantasia was really good this week. She had always bugged me before but now she's grown on me. I think part of it is that she is probably the only one in the whole competition right now who is able to convey genuine emotion when she sings. She seems to be able to really connect to the music in a natural way (it helped that the Streisand song she sang seemed to be one that she had sung a lot before). LaToya is beautiful and classy but kind of cold. The other two are just too young -- good voices but not enough life experience to be able to dig down deep and connect on a soulful level.

I'm sad to see George go also, but I do agree with you all-he wasn't gonna win it. I thought Jasmine was gonna go last night, though-considering how many people loved George, I thought he was gonna be able to last at least one more week, if not two.

My sister's all bummed now, because she liked a good deal of the guys who were on the show and now none of them are left.

I thought all four girls did rather well on some of their songs Tuesday night-I particularly liked Jasmine on her first song, and Diana did pretty good on both (it was interesting to see her on that show about the final five on Monday-she's a bubbly girl, isn't she? :p). Fantasia did pretty good, and I agree with the judges about Latoya-big band music really works for her. I just wish Latoya'd show more of her personality, that's my only complaint with her.

It'll be interesting to see how things go from here on out.

Angela

HeartlandGirl said:

So do I. :yes:

bonosgirl84 said:
i voted for jasmine because she cried. :|

So did my sister. Not a good sign that she got through so quickly, either...

I felt so bad for Jasmine, too-I just wanted to give her a hug, the poor thing. I honestly didn't think she did too bad on "It's Raining Men". I've never liked that song, but if I had to hear anybody sing it, I'd prefer it be her. It was her better song of the two she did, anyway.

Diana did good tonight, particularly on her first song-wow. I still can't believe she's only 16. Doesn't sound it.

I didn't like Fantasia's second song in particular at all. It didn't suit her. And Latoya wasn't bad...but again, just wishing her personality would come out more.

Shall be interesting to see what happens tomorrow night.

Angela

kellyahern said:
Sicy, is America on crack again? :eyebrow:

Yes. :scream:

I just heard on the news that some people complained that Latoya's phone number didnt work or something was wrong with it.. busy/disconnected. :|

Really ^^^^? Huh.

According to the paper today, this show had its lowest ratings of the season last week. So obviously, this week, they wanted to stir up yet another controversy. Well, they got it. :rolleyes:.

Bonochick said:
I think that Jasmine got a lot of pity votes because of how she was crying.

I think you're right. I did feel bad for her tonight, though-she already knows that the results are messed up, why do people have to keep making her feel worse? I hope they don't attack her as mercilessly as they did John Stevens-yes, she should've been in the bottom two tonight, but she had nothing to do with the way the results turned out, so hopefully people will realize that.

I did agree with Fantasia being in the bottom two. But Latoya shouldn't have been down there. Not at all. :tsk:. I had a feeling, when Ryan announced who'd be leaving, that it was gonna be Latoya, though. I was hoping that Fantasia'd be the one to go, because she really did not do all that well last night and she just kinda bugs me.

And you know the thing that really sucks about Latoya leaving? When she did that Barbara Streisand song at the very end, I finally saw a lot more personality coming from her, which is what I'd been hoping to see more of these last few weeks. And now she's gone. :mad:. She really should get into big band/jazz type stuff-that's what she's done best, that's where her personality really shines through. She'll get a recording contract eventually, though, I'm sure, so she's still got a chance out there.

As for my thoughts on other parts of the show...okay, what exactly was the point of that psychic reading for the girls? Could've done without that.

Also, I thought Clay did a good job tonight when he sang with the girls. But is it just me or did he look a lot older tonight? He didn't look so late teenager-ish when he was there tonight, he looked a lot more adult.

Hard to believe that a year ago we were looking toward seeing Clay and Ruben duke it out at the end of the season, isn't it? :). Crazy.

Angela

Boys perspective - Diana to win.

My husband: "The two big girls wont win because they dont fit in the Ford very well. The Asian girl wont win because people who like Fords hate Asian cars. People would buy a Ford from the little blonde one"

:huh:

beli said:
Boys perspective - Diana to win.

My husband: "The two big girls wont win because they dont fit in the Ford very well. The Asian girl wont win because people who like Fords hate Asian cars. People would buy a Ford from the little blonde one"

:huh:

jasmine is not asian

she is HAWAIIAN!

EEDIOT!

*kicks your ass so hard to the point you wished you werent born with one!*

but seriously...
the shock of getting rid of latoya was a handy ratings stunt to pull

i think the ratings have dropped because there are no guys left and everyone's lost interest in thinking that 'a black singer' will win

Ha, I know Jasmines Hawaiian. My husband doesnt watch the show, he was just going purely on looks. Actually he said it as all 4 of them were singing together ie a really quick look. Hes not racist but I can understand the comment came across that way.

As for the ratings. I was quite excited to think a black singer was going to win .. Latoya was my favourite. That episode has almost put me off watching the rest of the series as the voting doesnt seem to be talent based. I know these kind of things never are.

But its becoming a little bit predictable. I think Diana will win because shes the only 'white' one left. She is a fantastic singer but I think Latoya is better. As my husband said, Latoya will probably get a better contract anyway and not have any stupid Idol commitments. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom