American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ultravioletluvv said:
If it's not him, it will be Lakisha.

I won't be surprised if Lakisha gets booted. We're due for the first "shocking" elimination, and she was bad enough last night where it might happen.

But I'm hoping for Phil or Sluggo.

sanjemima.jpg

breakfastclubre0.jpg

:lmao:

people.com

A roll of his eyes has put Simon Cowell in an uncharacteristic spot: on the defense.

On Wednesday's edition of American Idol, Cowell's critique of contestant Chris Richardson's performance of the Rascal Flatts song "Mayburry" – in which Cowell accused Richardson of sounding "nasal-y" – was cut short when Richardson, after talking about his sound, offered a quick tribute to this week's campus tragedy.

"My heart and prayers go out to Virginia Tech," said Richardson. "I have a lot of friends over there. Be strong."

The camera then caught Cowell turning to fellow judge Paula Abdul and looking askance – and the judge who loves to dish it out immediately found himself on the receiving end of some heated criticism from bloggers and TV critics across the country.

By Wednesday morning, Cowell had appeared on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, with Idol host Seacrest saying, "We've got to clear this up. There are these people on the Internet trying to make something of this story, and let's just be honest, no human being would be that disrespectful to anybody involved in that awful tragedy."

"No, of course not," said Cowell. "And the irony was that we discussed this before the show and wondered, What do you do in a situation like this when something terrible happens? Do you ignore it?"

Addressing Seacrest, Cowell said, "You wanted to say something in the beginning, which I think was right. And I thought we should do something at the end to sort of close it. Because you can't ignore that kind of stuff, and I wanted to say to the kids it was a difficult week for everybody."

As for the criticism he's received, Cowell referred to it as "this crazy story that appeared that I rolled my eyes disrespectfully at Chris because he made the comment. ... The truth was is that I had switched off at that point. I was ... saying to Paula, "What does he mean he was singing nasal-y on purpose? I didn't understand what he was saying."

Continued Cowell: "So I hadn't even heard what he did. And my eye rolling is what I was saying to Paula. I have never heard so much rubbish. ... You know what, half of the time I can't hear what they are saying, and I don't think they can hear what I am saying. ...

"Chris was right to have said what he said," Cowell said, "because he is from that neck of the woods and if I would have heard what he said I would have responded properly to that."

MrsSpringsteen said:
people.com

A roll of his eyes has put Simon Cowell in an uncharacteristic spot: on the defense.

On Wednesday's edition of American Idol, Cowell's critique of contestant Chris Richardson's performance of the Rascal Flatts song "Mayburry" – in which Cowell accused Richardson of sounding "nasal-y" – was cut short when Richardson, after talking about his sound, offered a quick tribute to this week's campus tragedy.

"My heart and prayers go out to Virginia Tech," said Richardson. "I have a lot of friends over there. Be strong."

The camera then caught Cowell turning to fellow judge Paula Abdul and looking askance – and the judge who loves to dish it out immediately found himself on the receiving end of some heated criticism from bloggers and TV critics across the country.

By Wednesday morning, Cowell had appeared on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show, with Idol host Seacrest saying, "We've got to clear this up. There are these people on the Internet trying to make something of this story, and let's just be honest, no human being would be that disrespectful to anybody involved in that awful tragedy."

"No, of course not," said Cowell. "And the irony was that we discussed this before the show and wondered, What do you do in a situation like this when something terrible happens? Do you ignore it?"

Addressing Seacrest, Cowell said, "You wanted to say something in the beginning, which I think was right. And I thought we should do something at the end to sort of close it. Because you can't ignore that kind of stuff, and I wanted to say to the kids it was a difficult week for everybody."

As for the criticism he's received, Cowell referred to it as "this crazy story that appeared that I rolled my eyes disrespectfully at Chris because he made the comment. ... The truth was is that I had switched off at that point. I was ... saying to Paula, "What does he mean he was singing nasal-y on purpose? I didn't understand what he was saying."

Continued Cowell: "So I hadn't even heard what he did. And my eye rolling is what I was saying to Paula. I have never heard so much rubbish. ... You know what, half of the time I can't hear what they are saying, and I don't think they can hear what I am saying. ...

"Chris was right to have said what he said," Cowell said, "because he is from that neck of the woods and if I would have heard what he said I would have responded properly to that."

I knew Simon was going to get shit as soon as I saw that eyeroll. I honestly don't see how anyone could be so dense that they would actually think that had anything to do with anything other than Chris' jackass of an attitude last night:tsk:

On the plus side, I can't wait to hear Martina sing tonight. This is the first album of her's that she's written. It's amazing:drool: The first single "Anyway" is one of her best. That girl can SANG:love:

Sicy, that's such a perfect match! :lmao:

As for Simon's eyeroll, it was pretty clear as fucking night and day that he did it because Chris tried to shamelessly divert the criticism from the judges and offer condolences. I cannot stand Simon half the time but it was obvious last night he wasn't being disrespectful to the tragedy!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SANJAYA IS GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On April 24 your votes are still toll-free, but thanks to the generosity of our brilliant sponsors, your votes also trigger a donation. Then on April 25 we have a HUGELY, STUPIDLY, UTTERLY AND TOTALLY HUGE night of entertainment lined up for you. We'll post up more details, films and pics and blog everyday to let you know more about what is happening...

Add us right now, and together we can actually make the world a better place.

http://www.myspace.com/idolgivesback

"We'll see worlds collide when Africa appears on America's most-watched tv show. This is a big deal, a little bit of pop history." Bono.

:hmm:

When Ryan said 2 of the biggest stars in musical history are uniting for a duet, I was like....":ohmy: :shocked: Could they possibly be talking about Bono?" And then I thought of Madonna afterwards, and the thought of Bono and Madonna together:faint: :combust: :rockon:

One can dream can't they?:reject:

U2isthebest said:
When Ryan said 2 of the biggest stars in musical history are uniting for a duet, I was like....":ohmy: :shocked: Could they possibly be talking about Bono?" And then I thought of Madonna afterwards, and the thought of Bono and Madonna together:faint: :combust: :rockon:

One can dream can't they?:reject:

Alisha Keys and Bono doing their song????? Maybe?

Back
Top Bottom