American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from Bestweekever.tv

HEADLINES FROM HELL: “Tony Bennett Pulls Out Of ‘Idol’”
I’d love to make some crass joke about how “Who wouldn’t pull out of Ryan Seacrest“, but hey, it’s Tony “Class All the Way, Baby” Bennett, the poor guy’s 80, and unless he’s Merv Griffin, Seacrest ain’t bitin’. Access Hollywood is reporting that Bennett is too “sick” to appear on the hit reality show tonight, choosing instead to recline on a suede fainting coach in a silk robe with a goblet of Theraflu in his hands, and counting his blessings:

The legendary crooner, who turned eighty a few months ago, is not well enough to put his golden pipes on the air.

According to a spokesperson for the star, he has a cold.

With just hours left until tonight’s live show, producers from “American Idol” are working hard to find a stand in. A source close to the show told Access Hollywood they are trying to get Canadian singer Michael Buble to fill in.

Hmm… while I live for Tony Bennett, I’d much rather have Michael Buble pull out of anything.

In the meantime, feel better Tone! And p.s., the world doesn’t blame you. For Tony Bennett to share a stage with Sanjaya is pure and complete sacrilege.

BENNETT%20TONE.JPG

CTU2fan said:
The judges are being incredible pricks about Sanjaya at this point, especially Simon & Randy (of course). If Simon was half as clever as he fancies himself he'd realize that insulting Sanjaya will just earn him more votes, and more weeks on AI. While I agree he pretty much sucks (though honestly I think he's gotten marginally better in the past few weeks), there's no real standouts this year anyway...except for LaKisha & Melinda, and AI being AI I doubt either of them wins. It will probably be Jordin (this year's McPhee/DiGarmo) or the irritating Blake or Chris...and given those choices I'd almost rather see Sanjaya win. AI loves to glorify the outrageously bad singers (William Hung etc), it will be pretty funny if it comes back to bite them with a Sanjaya win.

You're exactly right! Just for that, I hope Sanjaya wins! It'll be like a slap on Simon's face. :drool:

I think I was the only one who liked Phil last night.

(although if he's safe, apparently not the only one. :wink: )

GINA???? Feh.

Honestly, do enough men who care about boobs and legs watch the show and vote? Is there some big block of men out there voting for Haley?

Because honestly, I don't know who the hell else is. How is she managing to squeak through this long?

FEH.

corianderstem said:
Honestly, do enough men who care about boobs and legs watch the show and vote? Is there some big block of men out there voting for Haley?

Seriously! Same case as Antonella, how she stayed on longer than expected. What a fucking joke! They cannot continue basing this competition purely on audience voting. It's ridiculous. There's gotta be a panel of judges with at least half a brain who get to decide... not an audience of joke voters! :down:

I'd be happy if they let the judges have a say. Half the say. Shit, all of the say.

But it does make me laugh to see so many people all up in arms because Sanjaya is "RUINING AMERICAN IDOL!"

This happens every. damn. year. Maybe not on this level, but there is always at least one singer who doesn't deserve to last as long as they do, and people bitch and moan, and yet they do always end up getting the boot.

So fret no more, Idol friends. Sanjaya's time will come. It will come soon.

I'm not sure there's much of a reason to watch the rest of the season....:huh:

U2isthebest said:
Never forget that this is the nation that thinks "Fergalicious" is a the pinnacle of musical genius.

Please don't blame all of America for the shitty singers that stay on the show.

And besides - every American knows that "U Can't Touch This" is the pinnacle of musical genius.

Sheesh. Get it right.

:wink:

corianderstem said:

Please don't blame all of America for the shitty singers that stay on the show.

And besides - every American knows that "U Can't Touch This" is the pinnacle of musical genius.

Sheesh. Get it right.

:wink:

We both stand corrected. It's clearly "Ice Ice Baby":tsk:

Which does NOT sample "Under Pressure" biatches!!!!:mad:

U2isthebest said:
Never forget that this is the nation that thinks "Fergalicious" is a the pinnacle of musical genius.:happy: :|

And the UK thinks Crazy Frog is the pinnacle of musical genius. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom