American Idol 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch the show, but my mother does. So I pick up what's going on through osmosis. I shouldn't have any idea about what is going on on the show, but I do. Sigh.

Lila64 said:

Ken Barnes of USA Today’s Idol Chatter blog has posted the Season 6 Schedule:

Jan. 16 (premiere, 8-10pm): Minneapolis
Jan. 17 (8-10): Seattle, WA
Jan. 23 (8-9): Memphis, TN
Jan. 24 (9-10): New York, NY
Jan. 30 (8-9): Birmingham, AL
Jan. 31 (9-10): San Antonio, TX
Feb. 6 (8-9): Los Angeles, CA
Feb. 7 (9-10): “Rest of the Best” Special Audition Show
Feb. 13 (8-9) Hollywood Round
Feb. 14 (9-10): Hollywood Round - Top 24 Chosen
Feb. 20 (8-10): Top 12 males
Feb. 21 (8-10): Top 12 females
Feb. 22 (8-9): Results
Feb. 27 (8-9:30): Top 10 males
Feb. 28 (8-9:30): Top 10 females
March 1 (8-9): Results
March 6 (8-9): Top 8 males
March 7 (8-9): Top 8 females
March 8 (8-9): Results
March 13 (8-10): Finals begin with top 12.
March 14 (9-9:30) Top 12 Results

Yeah, like the flooring has some affect on your vocal abilities :rolleyes:

I liked the guy who made the crack that he wanted to make Hasselhoff cry :lmao:

AI Recaps-January 30th
Birmingham Auditions

Alabama boasts of such “American Idol” stars like Ruben Studdard, Bo Bice, and Taylor Hicks. Alabama has been a hot bed of singing talent; will the streak continue?

Erica: Erica will focus on a career in dentistry, if Idol doesn’t work out. She sings Simon’s favorite, “Unchained Melody.” Unchained is right. Erica is completely tone deaf, and her family is delusional. I guess Erica will have a career in telling people the importance of flossing.

Katie: Katie has a speaking voice that makes AI5’s Paris Bennett sound like Kathleen Turner. Her singing voice sounds okay, but to me, it seems to go in and out like a bad cell phone call. After introducing her husband, and begging Paula, Katie gets the ticket to Hollywood. I guess I can always cover my ears when she speaks.

Tatiana: She sounds a lot older than her seventeen years, and she’s very self-possessed and seems sweet. Her big voice is in sharp contrast to her tiny frame. She gets the golden ticket.

Diana: Diana was a cheerleader and not surprisingly, was on the bottom of the pyramid. She could do the splits back in the day. Guess what? I can still do the splits! She sings “Saving All My Love.” This will definitely make Whitney go back to the crack pipe and Bobby Brown. Diana isn’t going to Hollywood.

Bernard: He sings the Michael Jackson classic “Rock With You.” He is way too loud. I’m not impressed. But because he says the magic word to Randy, “Dawg,” he gets the golden ticket to Hollywood.

Margaret: Margaret claims she is 26 years old. Actually, I think 26 is her dress size. She designs her own fashion line for full-figured women. Somehow I don’t think Lane Bryant has anything to worry about. She isn’t going to Hollywood, but she does own up to her real age, but somehow I still think she’s lying.

Jamie Lynn: Blonde, decent singer, tragic back story. It’s Kellie Pickler redux.

Chris: He’s snarky! I already love him. Then he sings. Now I know I love him! His voice really made me take notice, and I hope he goes far. Get your tissues ready, David Hasselhoff!

The next day we have no Paula. Apparently she had to go back to LA of a family obligation. Um, sure.

Victoria: Has six feet of hair. At least it’s on her head and not on her back. Victoria claims she can be an American Idol because she thinks she can be a positive role model and touch people’s hearts with her music. I actually believe her when she says that. I can’t imagine her getting into American Idol so she can buy lots of bling and snort coke in one of the bathroom stalls at Hyde. Just a feeling I get. She has a good voice but it’s not pop-oriented enough to go to Hollywood.

Lakia: Lakia informs us that she is the total package. Yea, a total package of crap. Well, she handled rejection well. Actually lots of people in Birmingham handle rejection well. We’re not getting loads of melodrama and pissy attitude. No wonder I’m so bored.

Nichole: Nichole brings Team Nichole with her. More delusional folks. Her voice has an incredibly nasally tone. She bugs. Mother knows best, Nichole, you can’t sing.

Brandy: She has a extraordinary voice, lots of confidence, and she’s born to be a star!! Okay, she has a lot of confidence. She first sings “Like Virgin...touched for the very first time.” And for the last time if she keeps singing like that. Then she sings “Proud Mary.” “Left a good job in the city.” And apparently she left a good voice in the city, too! Whether she’s on the floor or on the carpet, Brandy sounds horrible, and I wonder if she’s on something.

After going to the Holy Land of AI singers, the judges only come up with 20 contenders on their way to Hollywood. Personally, the only standout was Chris, and that may have been because he was totally snarky. The good ones were a total snooze, and the trainwrecks were very minimal. Birmingham was Boring-ham.

:lmao: That was my favorite recap so far

I loved Chris w/ the Hasselhoff thing, his voice is quite good too

According to US Magazine..

Simon, Paula, Randy and ... Courtney??? Hold on to your remotes, Idolites, because legendary rock idol Courtney Love tells Usmagazine.com exclusively that American Idol wants her!

Love reveals to her favorite magazine Web site that Idol's executive producer Nigel Lythgoe called her office last week inquiring into whether she would be interested in sitting in as a judge on the hit FOX show.

"He called," Love tells Usmagazine.com. "He was wondering if I was interested. I thought it was kind of weird but brilliant."

Is FOX lining up a replacement for slap-happy Paula Abdul, or just looking to spice up the show with the always-entertaining rocker/actress? Love, who is currently in L.A. recording a solo album, declined to reveal any more specific details.

But a source tells Usmagazine.com that Lythgoe was considering having Love "replace Paula."

American Idol reps could not immediately be reached for comment.

Last edited:
I wasn't really watching last night, a friend called me, so I had it on in the background. I turned around a few times, one of those times being when I saw some big lady in bright yellow. I was scared after that :yikes: and I did catch the last few singers, the girl with the longggg hair and the nasally girl, and the one who said that the wooden floor made her sing bad. :lmao:

RavenBlue said:

That last contestant was :coocoo: but I thought it was funny how Randy and Simon kept egging her on :giggle:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I loved seeing Simon laughing hard. He's got such a nice smile. I'll call you, Simon! I'll call you!!!

:reject:

Regarding the girl with the tragic story of the paralyzed dad ... that made me uncomfortable. I know I was supposed to feel all "Awwwww, she takes care of her paralyzed dad!" but I mainly felt ... "wow. Her dad shot someone. His wife."

I don't know that I would go around telling millions of people that. He caught her cheating on him, but that doesn't make it acceptable for an "awwww" reaction. It skeeved me out, seriously.

And I was bothered that they didn't say what happened to the wife he shot. Is she dead? Is she paralyzed, too?

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. I loved seeing Simon laughing hard. He's got such a nice smile. I'll call you, Simon! I'll call you!!!

Simon is hot...and he was hotter than ever then. :drool:

corianderstem said:

Regarding the girl with the tragic story of the paralyzed dad ... that made me uncomfortable. I know I was supposed to feel all "Awwwww, she takes care of her paralyzed dad!" but I mainly felt ... "wow. Her dad shot someone. His wife."

I don't know that I would go around telling millions of people that. He caught her cheating on him, but that doesn't make it acceptable for an "awwww" reaction. It skeeved me out, seriously.

And I was bothered that they didn't say what happened to the wife he shot. Is she dead? Is she paralyzed, too?
I'm with you. When I heard Pickler 2: Electric Bugaloo's tale of woe, I began to squirm a bit. I'm not without compassion. Her story is truly horrific, but I just wish AI would stop with the tragic back stories and focus more on the talent.

The only time he pisses me off and I find him unattractive is when he goes for the low blow of commenting on someone's weight. He seems to always have one or two snide remarks in the past. I don't recall having that "Oh Simon, no!" reaction yet this season, even with the heavy former cheerleader last night.

He commented on her dress, which ... honestly, something had to be said about the unfortunate dress. :wink:

Simon is absolutely spot on in nearly every comment he makes about someone's performance.
Half the time I wish he'd reach over and choke Paula to death. :|

:up: Simon

I was soooo happy when Randy called Ms. Minnie-Mouse-Speaking-Voice on her performance being "affected." Spot freaking on.

They're the singers that bug me the most, coming in there and having a decent voice, but filling it with so many affectations and performance tics that you just want to reach through the TV and smack them while shouting "Put your damn hand down, you are NOT Mariah Carey! JUST SING THE DAMN SONG!"

corianderstem said:
The only time he pisses me off and I find him unattractive is when he goes for the low blow of commenting on someone's weight.

I agree. And certain other things about someone's appearance, like the comment about that guy's bulging eyes. It goes too far sometimes and that's unattractive.

PlaTheGreat said:
Simon is absolutely spot on in nearly every comment he makes about someone's performance.
Half the time I wish he'd reach over and choke Paula to death. :|

:up: Simon

I am so glad that there is someone else out there wishing the same things I do.!! I think if it wasn't illegal Simon would have smacked Paula a long time ago.
My problem with her is that she is just plain annoying and quite a distraction. She is not helpful and has really said NOTHING substantial so far this season. And have you ever seen someone that claps more lame than her? She really pisses me off:mad:

don't spoil it Phil :wink:

1_4_45.gif

Thank god it was on an hour later tonight, because I just got home!

(Although drinks with a fun coworker would have been worth missing Idol ... but I'm glad I got to see Panther. Um, wow.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom