American Idol 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Golightly Grrl:
applause.gif

I think I look forward to your recaps more than the actual show itself. :lmao:

Golightly Grrl said:

This exchange cracked me up:

Oh the Cowardly Lionness... "You want my poster?"
Randy,Paula,Simon: "No."

:lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao:

can't wait for tonight's long line of lunatics who think they can sing!... :lol:

There should be a show just for them called: "American Idol Nutjobs!"

:shocked: :crack: :uhoh: :yikes: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GIRL?? I'm going to have nightmares...what, the creepy one with the mom. I think my brain....hurts. Does anyone else have a reaction? If you're not still frozen in terror...

U2isthebest said:
:shocked: :crack: :uhoh: :yikes: WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT GIRL?? I'm going to have nightmares...what, the creepy one with the mom. I think my brain....hurts. Does anyone else have a reaction? If you're not still frozen in terror...

YES.. she was hella scary! I might be having some nightmares tonite..:ohmy: :(

again.... people are FUGLY TONITE...:sick: :shocked:

U2isthebest said:

That Indian girl was gorgeous!! But yes, many of the people tonight are *erm* unique looking....:wink:

both the Indian girl and her brother had very good voices.. and beautiful as well.:wink: finally I was getting worried... :yikes:

I'm sure that at least 50% of the weird and horrible singers know they are weird and horrible and are doing it to get on camera. Or they do it as a joke and act "horrified" when they are rejected. Sometimes it's hard to tell the real psychos from the fake ones :lol:.

I'm only a half-hour in out here on the west coast, but DEAR GOD HELP ME.

And thanks, Idol. Thanks for claiming that Darwin "Mischa" and her mom were from Seattle on the little ID with her name, age and hometown ... after she'd said she was from Houston. Don't try to pin her on Seattle.

You know, I wonder how many decent singers they eliminated right off the bat just so they could put more awful singers on the air? I know too many "just okay" singers would get a little dull during these shows, but please give me a small break.

:mad:

corianderstem said:
You know, I wonder how many decent singers they eliminated right off the bat just so they could put more awful singers on the air? I know too many "just okay" singers would get a little dull during these shows, but please give me a small break.

:mad:

This episode drove me nuts. I thought the weirdo with the red nets on her arms actually sang good, and they all hated her. Yet the let that giraffe chick through and I thought she sucked. :mad:

corianderstem said:
And thanks, Idol. Thanks for claiming that Darwin "Mischa" and her mom were from Seattle on the little ID with her name, age and hometown ... after she'd said she was from Houston. Don't try to pin her on Seattle.

Yeah, I thought that was pretty lame. They made it look like all the crazies live in Seattle, even when most of the singers shown were from completely different states. :huh:

corianderstem said:

I think this is exactly what they do. Phil's older sister tried out and so far I think she has a better voice, better technique, better everything than pretty much all of the "good" ones they've aired so far. They probably thought she was boring b/c she was cut in the first round. I guess you have to sing in groups and they pull out who they want for the "audition" episodes, so yeah you really have to stand out for something other than your voice or you're done. Yeah, she studied vocal performance and music and has been singing for probably decades, but she isn't a cute 16 year old with a nice butt and skanky top, or some crazy punk rocker with wild hair and an attitude.

IMO the past two nights have been pretty disappointing and boring. So far there's not a single standout, at least not from what I've seen.

AI Recaps-January 17th
Seattle Auditions

It is said that Seattle has the highest rate of suicide in the United States. Now I know why. Even the Space Needle wasn’t big enough to poke in my ears out.

Brandon: Last year Brandon showed up in cop uniform. This year he showed up in an Uncle Sam costume. Yea, like that’s going to help. Brandon sings “God Bless America.” After that, I think God will do anything but bless us. Even Paula got venomous.

Jennifer the “Hotness”: Her fug goes up to eleven. “Sings” a song and doesn’t like what the judges have to say. Jennifer gives us this sage advice: “Opinions don’t matter.” Oh, but they do, they do!

Amy: A stay at home mom, and a horrible singer. You’re not sick, you’re sucky!

Now we have a montage of more bad singer, including an Oompa Loompa (overly tan girl).

Darwin/Meesha: She and her mother are wearing matching lipstick. They also wrote a novella together. Anyone want to read it? crickets chirping . These two seriously creeped me out. And Darwin/Meesha? Please invest in a good bra.

Tommy: He slept by some trash cans. Hmm, I used to eat out of them. Good times. This is his third time auditioning. The third time is the charm, and he’s going to Hollywood. His singing is quite good, and Randy is right. Tommy does have a beautiful tone.

Melissa: She brings her good luck charm, her fur baby Teeka. Cute dog, ugly outfit, scary arms. She won’t be going to Hollywood.

Blake the Beat Box Champ: He sings “Crazy” by Seal but doesn’t drive me crazy with his vocals. He’s not sterling, but he gets the golden ticket to Hollywood.

David: “Lean on Me.” Um, no.

Now we have the brother/sister team of Sanjaya and Shyamali. They’re sibling rivalry is cute, but can they sing?

Shyamali: She sings “Summertime” quite beautifully. She’s a bit young and nervous but shows a great deal of promise. She gets the golden ticket. Will her brother?

Sanjaya: Sings Stevie Wonder and sounds great. The judges call him a shy little thing with the voice. Hmm, sound familiar? (Elliott Yamin) Sanjaya will join his sister in Hollywood.

Nick the Software Engineer: He sings “Unchained Melody.” Unchained is right. This segment went on way too long and made me so uncomfortable. It’s one thing to be snarky, but it’s another thing to be downright cruel to showcase people's extreme suckitude endlessly.

Rudy: Sings “Open Arms”, which goes over well with Randy. Randy was in Journey. Did you know that? After some of the trainwrecks we’ve been treated to, Rudy is welcome relief. Randy and Paula give him a yes to Hollywood, but Simon isn’t so sure. I think Simon is going through the "change".

Kenneth the “Bush Baby”: The less said the better.

Jonathon the “Randy Trouser Wearer”: The less said the better, part two.

Eric the Taylor Hicks clown, I mean clone: I can’t write anything. I just can’t. Oh God, the agony. The Twist Train? Like Soul Patrol wasn’t irritating enough. Taylor, I like you, but what have you wrought?

Anna: In stocking feet, she’s 6’4.” In heels, she’s 6’7.” Her legs are longer than my entire height. Not only is she tall, she’s loud! Then again, she’s much better than most of the losers that have auditioned in the Emerald City. She gets a ticket.

Jordan: What a cute girl! She’s too sugary for Simon (well, aren’t most things are too sugary for Simon?). However, Randy and Paula like her and she’s going to Hollywood.

Now we get a montage featuring those brilliant song stylists, the Pussycat Dolls. The Pussycat Dolls are bad on their own. Don’t make it worse.

Steven “Big Red”: He’s from Wisconsin. He’s a cheeshead...and a serial killer. Steven sings “Bohemian Crapsody”-ooh, snap! On behalf of Wisconsin and all redheads, I apologize for Steven.

On that, we leave Seattle. God, Seattle was painful. Sometimes the bad auditions are entertaining in a snarky way, but these auditions were horrific. I actually felt depressed after watching this episode. Hopefully, Memphis will offer better singers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom