American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting how "freedom from your lifestyle" Mandissa isn't around to sing Freddy Mercury songs ... i suppose God does have a plan after all.

Numb1075 said:
Bucky is doing "Another One Bites the Dust" - Mark my words.....

I think this song would be the least challenging to sing (perfect for him). The verses are basically Freddy Mercury just talking.

Oriignally posted by one4u2 And the most perfect for his dismissal :wink:

:wink:

Golightly Grrl said:
I think Queen night could either be really awesome or a train wreck of epic proportions.

Or an awesome trainwreck :wink:.

I haven't really watched this season since the auditions, but I'm really looking forward to Queen night (I loved Queen - thank you Wayne's World :) ).

Originally posted by corianderstem
"Radio Ga Ga," complete with Live-Aid performance handclaps!

:rockon:

I'm actually looking forward to hearing Queen too. The two things that their songs really need are a very strong voice and a lot of confidence. So, this knocks off at least 3/4 of the group....

:lol:

some songs to choose from :hmm:

Another One Bites the Dust
Bicycle Race
Bohemian Rhapsody
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Don't Stop Me Now
Fat Bottomed Girls
Flash
Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy
I Want It All
I Want To Break Free
I'm in Love With My Car
Keep Yourself Alive
Killer Queen
Love Of My Life
Now I'm Here
Play the Game
Radio Ga Ga
Sail Away Sweet Sister
Save Me
Seven Seas of Rhye
The Show Must Go On
Somebody to Love
Stone Cold Crazy
Tie Your Mother Down
Under Pressure
We Will Rock You
We Are the Champions
You're My Best Friend

queenvision.jpg
:rockon:

I'm with Lila on wanting to keep "Somebody to Love" free from shame. If the contestants could also please not ruin "Who Wants to Live Forever," I'd be good with that, too.

kthxbye

If anyone sings Bohemian Rhapsody, I hope they have the courage to do the operatic-ish part...Constantine omitted it when he sang the song last season.

Irvine511 said:
interesting how "freedom from your lifestyle" Mandissa isn't around to sing Freddy Mercury songs ... i suppose God does have a plan after all.

Well, Mandisa could have sung "Fat-Bottomed Girls." ::ducks::

I think both Chris and Taylor can do very well with Queen songs. I hope Original Recipe Taylor is back next Tuesday and completely rocks the house.

And I think Kat could do well, too. I've always suspected a theater geek vibe in her and Queen is very theatrical.

Numb1075 said:

Just another excuse to pop pills and act goofy.

Seems like she's always getting into trouble....she got into a fender bender on a highway last year (and I think fled the scene or didn't realized it happened).

I love train wrecks.

Yup. She just got herself a new supply of pain pills.

I've already read two different versions of this story, one said she was pushed against a wall and the other said she was knocked to the ground. Spinal injuries and a concusion!! What a hoot!

Bono's American Wife said:

I've already read two different versions of this story, one said she was pushed against a wall and the other said she was knocked to the ground. Spinal injuries and a concusion!! What a hoot!

I know. She says it caused a concussion on Sunday, but was on the show Tuesday acting like everything's fine :huh:.

My sister once had a mild concussion and she felt awful for about a week (headaches and nausea).

Bono's American Wife said:

there are some episodes when i watch Paula and i just feel jealous, because i want whatever she's on.

Justin24 said:

oh well -- looks like the Christianists will turn her into a martyr for "speaking her heart" or whatever such nonsense they want to use.

it's a popularity contest, ultimately. if anti-gay sentiments aren't popular, then you aren't going to stick around very long.

http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/hollywood_heat/articles/060410buckycovington_feat.html

Bucky Covington, one of the eight remaining finalists on "American Idol," was once arrested for his involvement in a bizarre incident in which he pretended to be his twin-brother to help the sibling avoid criminal prosecution. The case ended in a trial that was so strange the prosecuting attorney said he "hadn't seen anything like it in 10 years of practicing law.

What should have been an inconsequential matter became complicated, because Rocky's license had been under suspension for the previous 16 months, for speeding, drinking while driving and driving with a revoked license, according to state motor vehicle records. Since North Carolina law enforcement is required to investigate accidents that cause more than $500 in damage, authorities would soon arrive on the scene.

Fearful that his son could face a jail sentence for being caught a second time driving with a suspended license, Gene Covington concocted a ruse on the spot that he hoped would spare Rocky further trouble.

His plan was to find Bucky (William is his real name), bring him back to the accident scene, and tell the authorities that Bucky (whose license was in good standing, despite prior convictions for speeding and reckless driving) had been the person driving the truck, replacing one twin with the other.

"Gene told me to tell the police that Bucky was driving and had been the one who was rear-ended," Roller explained in a recent interview. "I was 16 at the time and scared to death." He was also concerned about who would pay for damage to the two trucks.

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://www.courttv.com/onair/shows/hollywood_heat/articles/060410buckycovington_feat.html

Bucky Covington, one of the eight remaining finalists on "American Idol," was once arrested for his involvement in a bizarre incident in which he pretended to be his twin-brother to help the sibling avoid criminal prosecution. The case ended in a trial that was so strange the prosecuting attorney said he "hadn't seen anything like it in 10 years of practicing law.

What should have been an inconsequential matter became complicated, because Rocky's license had been under suspension for the previous 16 months, for speeding, drinking while driving and driving with a revoked license, according to state motor vehicle records. Since North Carolina law enforcement is required to investigate accidents that cause more than $500 in damage, authorities would soon arrive on the scene.

Fearful that his son could face a jail sentence for being caught a second time driving with a suspended license, Gene Covington concocted a ruse on the spot that he hoped would spare Rocky further trouble.

His plan was to find Bucky (William is his real name), bring him back to the accident scene, and tell the authorities that Bucky (whose license was in good standing, despite prior convictions for speeding and reckless driving) had been the person driving the truck, replacing one twin with the other.

"Gene told me to tell the police that Bucky was driving and had been the one who was rear-ended," Roller explained in a recent interview. "I was 16 at the time and scared to death." He was also concerned about who would pay for damage to the two trucks.

Hahaha... Classic! :up:

Justin24 said:
For those of you who watched when Mandissa was voted off, was there a scene edited like this on TV http://thatvideosite.com/view/2058.html . Apparantly something was said.

I frequent an AI board and apparently there were some girls in the audience who started shouting racial slurs at Mandisa the moment she was eliminated. I've watched the clip a million time nows, and you can actually hear some girl screaming, "Go home, n*****!" I think that's why everyone looked so shocked, and why it was edited so strangely.

It makes me sick. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom