American Idol 5 Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvine511 said:

we all need to accept the fact that Simon is actually always dead-on accurate and is, by far, the smartest person involved in that show, either on the show, producing the show, or at home watching the show.

Except for the fact that he loves Kellie Pickler who by far does not have the best voice on the show. :tsk:

ignorance is not attractive Kellie. :tsk:

Simon loves Kellie because she might be the most marketable. I don't think for one second he thinks she's the best singer.

I recently bought a used copy of Simon's book I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But .... I can't wait to read it.

:reject:

corianderstem said:
Simon loves Kellie because she might be the most marketable. I don't think for one second he thinks she's the best singer.

She won't make a pop record though. :shrug:
I don't need another Carrie Underwood. Kellie should be on Nashville Star.

Kellie sort of reminds me of Jewel, but can't sing nearly as well. It's obvious Simon, Paula and Randy praise certain people just to boost ratings for a while because there may be interest associated with those people (which they create in some cases..like Chicken Little). They're playing us like cards!

First, it took me forever to find this new thread.

Now, let's ignore Paula for a moment and talk about Randy's comments. I think he's getting more positive and not "keeping it real." Bucky was just GAWD awful Tuesday night, and Randy gave him high marks. I was like WTF? Are you tone deaf this evening Randy?! Bucky sucked!!! I thought that was his worst performance yet! Simon was on the mark the whole evening. Even though I love Taylor, that was his worst song choice. And yes, Paula, Taylor was a joy to watch, but I have to agree with Simon. So sit down girl and take a chill pill!!!

At least Kevin is gone. Bucky should have been the one to go first, then Kevin, and then Lisa. Those bottom three were my bottom three as well. But even though I never really liked Kevin, that was his personal best. I think he needs to get a job with Disney and sing songs for their cartoons. His voice is just too young for me.

Ace - Again his pretty boy look and his high pitched voice have got to go. He barely passed.

Bucky - :madwife: OUT ALREADY!

Chris - Best guy singer

Elliot - Again just an average performance. The boy can sing, but his stage fright is soooo obvious! He needs to learn from Chris on how to relax.

Katherine - One of the best girl singers

Kellie - I agree I loved her rags to possible riches story, but now she's acting more and more stupid. It's almost as if someone told her that people love the dumb Blonde act. I was on her side, but now I'm not so sure.

Kevin - Personal best, but "Nah, nah, nah, nah.....nah, nah, nah, nah.....hey, hey, hey....good bye!" "And don't forget to get a job with Disney :wave: "

Lisa - Just OK. Not surprised she was on the bottom.

Mandisa - Also one of the best girl singers

Paris - She's good, but I put her in third place among the girls

Taylor - Disappointed. Poor song choice which made his singing not so hot. He still makes me smile though when he's on stage dancing like a Goof.

Allegra said:
First, it took me forever to find this new thread.

Now, let's ignore Paula for a moment and talk about Randy's comments. I think he's getting more positive and not "keeping it real." Bucky was just GAWD awful Tuesday night, and Randy gave him high marks. I was like WTF? Are you tone deaf this evening Randy?! Bucky sucked!!! I thought that was his worst performance yet! Simon was on the mark the whole evening. Even though I love Taylor, that was his worst song choice. And yes, Paula, Taylor was a joy to watch, but I have to agree with Simon. So sit down girl and take a chill pill!!!

At least Kevin is gone. Bucky should have been the one to go first, then Kevin, and then Lisa. Those bottom three were my bottom three as well. But even though I never really liked Kevin, that was his personal best. I think he needs to get a job with Disney and sing songs for their cartoons. His voice is just too young for me.

Ace - Again his pretty boy look and his high pitched voice have got to go. He barely passed.

Bucky - :madwife: OUT ALREADY!

Chris - Best guy singer

Elliot - Again just an average performance. The boy can sing, but his stage fright is soooo obvious! He needs to learn from Chris on how to relax.

Katherine - One of the best girl singers

Kellie - I agree I loved her rags to possible riches story, but now she's acting more and more stupid. It's almost as if someone told her that people love the dumb Blonde act. I was on her side, but now I'm not so sure.

Kevin - Personal best, but "Nah, nah, nah, nah.....nah, nah, nah, nah.....hey, hey, hey....good bye!" "And don't forget to get a job with Disney :wave: "

Lisa - Just OK. Not surprised she was on the bottom.

Mandisa - Also one of the best girl singers

Paris - She's good, but I put her in third place among the girls

Taylor - Disappointed. Poor song choice which made his singing not so hot. He still makes me smile though when he's on stage dancing like a Goof.

As you said, I think Ace barely passed. Poor song choice, yet again. I think he semi-redeemed himself with that last note of the song. Otherwise it was :yawn:

Bucky - :yawn:

Kellie - I don't think it's an act. I think she's just that... :shifty: naíve, yeah, that's the word

Lisa has a good voice, but it's just not fitting this competition that well.

Kevin's song choice seemed to be okay, so I thought he might have been saved 1 more week with Bucky sent packing. Oh well. He's got one more week to soak in the "Hollywood" spotlight :wave:

Paris has a good voice, but her song choices are just way beyond her years. She's no Mandisa

Taylor's song choice was disappointing. Why didn't he pick an Elvis Presley tune, like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, there's tons more Elvis and 50s songs to choose from :scratch:

Lila64 said:

Taylor's song choice was disappointing. Why didn't he pick an Elvis Presley tune, like Hound Dog, Jailhouse Rock, there's tons more Elvis and 50s songs to choose from :scratch:

Maybe the show couldn't get permission to cover Elvis songs. I wonder how often the contestants don't get to sing their first choice. :hmm:

I would like to see the list of songs they get to choose from :eyebrow:

Didn't someone do an Elvis cover last year or the year before?? :hmm:

Daughter just remembered - It was 'A Little Less Conversation', sung by Jon Peter Lewis (pens/pencil selling boy)

Last edited:
Lila64 said:

beard.gif

hey that looks like Chris :wink:

people.com

Booted American Idol teen Kevin Covais may be no Orlando Bloom – in fact, the bespectacled high-school student earned the nickname "Chicken Little" on the TV show – but that's not to say that the Long Island, NY native has problems attracting members of the opposite sex.

"I can honestly tell you that before (Idol) I was pretty confident with girls," Covais, 16, tells MTV.com. "The only difference was I didn't have celebrity status. I'm more confident now, of course. I'm sure certain girls will just want a celebrity who's been on TV, but I'll watch out for those girls."

They're already watching out for him, according to New York's Daily News. A hero's welcome is being planned for Covais once he returns from Los Angeles, where Idol is taped. Photos of him already are on display throughout his native Levittown and a Nassau County politician has plans for a reception.

By his own admission, Covais tells the News about going home after his brief but highly visible TV stint, "I may be treated a little differently" once he goes home. "But my friends and family will treat me as before, as good old Kevin."

Old? All right. But as for his nickname, Covais tells MTV.com: "I love (it). I'm a fun-loving guy, and I enjoy that type of stuff. I'm sarcastic and witty, and I have a sense of humor. And I know it's nothing against me because one of my best friends, (fellow Idol hopeful) Paris Bennett, made it up."

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is a tad annoyed at spastic “American Idol” crooner Taylor Hicks. Why? Because Taylor stole Elaine’s moves!

“He even does a little bit of that kick, doesn’t he,” Julia told MIX 98.5’s John Lander in an interview set to air this morning.

“I should call him, those are my moves and he’s stolen them!”

WildHoneyAlways said:
ignorance is not attractive Kellie. :tsk:

she's faking it.

you've got to wonder how someone who claims so much ignorance of the world is in possession of opposable thumbs.

joyfulgirl said:
I do an imitation of Paula that is so good it frightens me. It rivals my Nancy Grace impression.

what i wouldn't give to see those two impressions!

i loathe Nancy Grace.

but i pity Paula. poor dear.

U2@<!-- NO SPAM --><!-- NO SPAM -->NYC said:

Come on, Sly, go to American Idol to show contestants how to box... so you can get in the ring with her...

AI-1320-020306_11_14.jpg

I wouldn´t even touch her with a protein bar.

Everything associated with American Idols is worse than the plague.

U2@<!-- NO SPAM -->NYC, stop torturing yourself with that eye shit. You´re a good guy, and i would hate for you to be dragged into the same catagory as the rest of the lazy freaks.

Sly Stallone said:

I wouldn´t even touch her with a protein bar.

Everything associated with American Idols is worse than the plague.

U2@<!-- NO SPAM --><!-- NO SPAM --><!-- NO SPAM -->NYC, stop torturing yourself with that eye shit. You´re a good guy, and i would hate for you to be dragged into the same catagory as the rest of the lazy freaks.

Well, I do not care that much for Katharine's vocal attributes... but the rest of the package is rather interesting...

RandomPhotoshoot2.jpg

Stop fantasizing, Sly, go back to your push-ups!!!

:wink:

Last edited:
U2@<!-- NO SPAM -->NYC said:

Blame it on Sly.

:tsk:

See, this is what seperates the boys from the men. I actually meant a protein bar. And all you couch potatoes started to think about other things :tsk:

Go to the gym, work out a little.

all i was saying is that she can eat my protein bar. I will endure hunger so that she may be full and be able to sing at full strength.

What did you think I meant?

I've always had a kind of half interest in this show, but this season has really sucked me in. As for the contestants-

Bucky - Sure, he seems like the nicest guy around, but really - he's just brutal to listen to. I can't believe that he's still there when you think of some of the other finalists that are now gone. Simon was dead on with the kareoke comparison this week.

Chris - Yes, I know people love him, he's a "rocker", but for some reason he doesnt do it for me. He has a good voice sure, but reminds me of many band members you can see at any given bar on the weekends.

Elliot - Quite possibly the best voice of the guys, although needs more stage presence. Plus my friend called him Goatboy(from SNL) and I can't stop thinking that everytime he sings.

Katherine - I really like her a lot. Great voice, great presence on stage.

Kellie - The dumb blonde shtick is really getting old fast. She's average. Her looks and personality have gotten her this far.

Kevin - I just dont get all the hate for Kevin. Sure, he's dorky or whatever, but I've always liked him. Everyone knows he wasnt going to win - but he was still fun to watch I thought.

Lisa - Good voice, but again - I dont see her going much further.

Mandisa - By far the best girl singer.

Paris - Loved her during the auditions, but not so much anymore.

Taylor - Is the reason to watch the show. This guy is awesome. By far the most talented/musical person involved.

Ace - Go ahead and yell at me, but I really like this guy. Although, I think that he got too comfortable there for a while after the auditions and was riding on his looks etc with a few performances. I thought he was much better this past week. Not to mention I could look at him all day. :reject:

I can't believe how long I just spent writing this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom