American Idol 5 - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taylor Or Kat

• Taylor

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Katharine

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Who's gonna be the next American Idol...

Taylor Hicks (Mr. Soul Patrol)
Katharine McPhee (Ms.McPheever)

Vote for who you want to win...

carry on all AI talk here...

8755164.jpg
8755279.jpg

Last edited:
SOUL PATROL!!!!

I was so ready to throw myself at the TV tonight.

Taylor's purple jacket...WTF??? :lol: :heart:

^stale saccarhin music! :yes:

Taylor's jacket. You either voted for it or you voted against it.
(I was for it tonight!)

Love the photos Lila!

GO TAYLOR! GO TAYLOR!! GO TAYLOR!!!

I haven't said this on here yet, but my husband agrees that we are going to have a huge laugh if Taylor wins. It's going to be such a slap in the face of why they created American Idol in the first place. Youth will have been thrown out the window. Perfect young looking hair will be out the window. Jeans and a dress coat will be back in style. Goofy dancing will be cool. And finally someone who has charisma on stage that's almost equal to Bono's!

Tonight I totally agreed with what Simon and Randy were saying. They were right on the money. And Paula...well...you know...

Anyway, I think this has been the best season ever since finally us 30 somethings have someone to yell for!

TEENY BOPPERS ARE OUT!!!!!

GO TAYLOR! GO TAYLOR!! GO TAYLOR!!!

I wish there was an option for 'neither."

Ew to both.

But Taylor will win.

Okay my fingers are about to fall off after voting for Taylor approx. 500 times the text way...

I am so sad this show is going to be over!! I love it!!

I though Kat first song was lame-second song a repeat perfromance of last week- and the last song was not only god awfully written but she sang it pretty bad as well.

Taylor's Living in the City was great-Levon blech-and the last song was once again god awfully written but he made it "Taylorized" so it rocked.

I don't know-I think Taylor will win but I also think the voting is completely rigged so who knows:eyebrow:

By the way I don't know if anyone watched last season but that "so you think you can dance" show is AWESOME!!

I've just seen Kat and Taylor sing their first songs, and I just have this to say:

Katharine, you should just give your concession speech right now. Srsly, Taylor and his ass-ugly aubergine crushed velvet jacket have this thing sewn up.

Watching her sing, I get the feeling she knows it's just for show at this point. Awwww. "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" was beautiful, though. Again.

(But I still love you, Katharine. Call me! Srsly!)

Last edited:
******SPOILER******

Rumor coming off the AI boards is that tomorrow night Kat will be singing with Meatloaf (ummmmWTF?) and Taylor with Toni Braxton.

MEATLOAF?!??!!:no: :scream: :no: :scream:

That's Mr. Loaf to you! :wink:

I was kind of liking Katharine's new song until she completely butchered the Big Ending with the key change. Wow, she should really stay away from trying to belt out notes that are too high for her in the future. She does much, much better when she's not trying to be a power diva.

Ouch. :(

I'm surprised the judges are so open about dissing the song that they hired people to write for this show. The songs are typically pretty awful, but dang, that's like inviting someone to a party and then criticizing the guest list.

Last edited:
Katherine is clearly the better singer. Period.

Taylor isn't even good. I really think people want him to win simply because he's so unorthadox. He looks like Fred Flinstone.

Last year, I wanted Bo Bice to win. This year I'm routing for the 'AI' choice.

Go Katherine.

ljclary said:
******SPOILER******

Rumor coming off the AI boards is that tomorrow night Kat will be singing with Meatloaf (ummmmWTF?) and Taylor with Toni Braxton.

MEATLOAF?!??!!:no: :scream: :no: :scream:

I can see paradise by the dashboard lights....................

:wink:

If I could vote ~ I'd vote for Taylor :up:

I thought Kat's first song was just alright. Not the "hit-it-out-of-the-park" finale performance she should/could have given. Taylor's 1st song - liked it, fun, energizing, and the crowd enjoys it. Like Simon, I give the first song to Taylor.

Song 2 - Katharine just nails this song everytime. A beautiful performance yet again. Will it hurt her that she did it two weeks in a row? Did she have any other powerful performances in the competition where she could have picked 1 or 2 better songs? Probably not, since she owns 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' . Taylor doing 'Levon' - was just alright... There are so many songs that he can do well... should he have picked something different? :shrug: This round: Kat

3rd song/the single:
Kat's song was boring :yuck: She didn't even try to put any effort into making it her own. Taylor's song was boring as well, but at least he "Taylorized" it and made it is own, the best he could. Think Taylor pulled it out here. I guess we'll wait and see if Simon & I are right :whistle:

Daughter & I are fighting over the phone. Luckily, I can text message, she cannot. I also have another landline to use, and will be up later :whistle: And I will not be voting 500 times :crazy: though I did vote an awful lot for Bo last year :shifty: Now if it were Elliott in the final, my fingers wouldn't be typing here til 1:00am. I still think he was the best and earned/deserved to be in the finale. It was bittersweet seeing him in the Idol audience :hug:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
I thought Kat's first song was just alright. Not the "hit-it-out-of-the-park" finale performance she should/could have given. Taylor's 1st song - liked it, fun, energizing, and the crowd enjoys it. Like Simon, I give the first song to Taylor.

Song 2 - Katharine just nails this song everytime. A beautiful performance yet again. Will it hurt her that she did it two weeks in a row? Did she have any other powerful performances in the competition where she could have picked 1 or 2 better songs? Probably not, since she owns 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' . Taylor doing 'Levon' - was just alright... There are so many songs that he can do well... should he have picked something different? :shrug: This round: Kat

3rd song/the single:
Kat's song was boring :yuck: She didn't even try to put any effort into making it her own. Taylor's song was boring as well, but at least he "Taylorized" it and made it is own, the best he could. Think Taylor pulled it out here. I guess we'll wait and see if Simon & I are right :whistle:

Daughter & I are fighting over the phone. Luckily, I can text message, she cannot. I also have another landline to use, and will be up later :whistle: And I will not be voting 500 times :crazy: though I did vote an awful lot for Bo last year :shifty: Now if it were Elliott in the final, my fingers wouldn't be typing here til 1:00am. I still think he was the best and earned/deserved to be in the finale. It was bittersweet seeing him in the Idol audience :hug:

How can you vote for Taylor over Katherine? He's like, a weird spastic Elvis/Kenny Rogers hybrid karoke imitator. Katherine is hot and a much better singer.

I don't get this 'best 2-out-of-3' mindset. Taylor hasn't given a single performance in the entire competition as good as Katherine's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' performances. That's it. That's all you need to see/hear to know that she is the better singer.

you can't really tell me that I should have voted fior Katharine after all these months based on her performance, twice of the same song, are you? I do like her, she has a beautiful voice, but she can be bland sometimes. She's not picked the right song for her voice too often... I did vote for her the first few rounds, but as the contestants dwindled, I focused more on Elliott, who I think had the best voice (Chris too). But from the final 4, I would have put her 4th. It's all personal opinion :shrug:
If I recall correctly, you thought Paris would win... so...:rollseyes:

can't we all just get along? :hug:

by the way, I don't vote based on "hotness" :sexywink: If so, then I would have to give her a vote or two :shifty:

Last edited:
Lila64 said:
If I recall correctly, you thought Paris would win... so...:rollseyes:

I did. I still think she was the best singer in the entire competition, but she's not in it anymore so I can't exactly route for her anymore. Much like you and Elliot.

8756686.jpg
8757428.jpg
8757426.jpg
8754843.jpg
8756785.jpg
story.idol.finalists.ap.jpg

according to dialidol.com, as of 1:10am PST:

1 Taylor Hicks 45.583 1.141
2 Katharine McPhee 37.097 1.227

Last edited:
I got home in time and rewound my tape to get the numbers, called for Taylor until I had to go to bed.

Katharine's dress was too tight :wink: beautiful color but it didn't fit her properly. I will watch the tape asap to see the performances, I know Simon said that Taylor won with his last song.

yes katherine is the best techinical singer but based on last nights performace and to be honest the last 4 weeks (or however long since paris got kicked out b/c she should have left instead) she shouldn't win. she over sings most songs and trys to stretch her voice beyond her range resulting in some cringeworthy notes. tayor may not be the best vocalist but i think he's a great singer with great stage presense (yes the crazyass dancing) and totally deserves to win it tonight.

i have been a fan of mr hicks since the begining but under different circumstances i would have voted (if i could have but i can't) for either chris or elliott before him to win it all. chris because he is excellent singer and i think is the most likely to be successful after AI (even though i can't really stand that type of nickelback/creed music). and elliott because i think that he was the best vocalist of the season (well tied with paris) but also beacuse he was so consistant with his performances throughout the competetion. i think that his lack of stage presence (which got so much better as time went on) hurt him in the long run.

and as for those songs...they were both really crappy songs but taylor brang his A game and pulled it out and katherine just tanked it. i had to laugh at randy blaming the song and not katherine's singing. had it been any other song he would have roasted her i'm sure. i think that it came down to the fact AI couldn't have randy or any of the judges saying that she can't sing her "new single" in the event that she wins tonight.

anyways enough of that.....

GO Taylor!!!!! :dancing:

Last edited:
I like watching and listening to them both. So, I'll be happy w/ either winner.

But Kat, meow baby !

<---Austin Powers voice: Grrr baby, very Grrr

she is a very pretty girl. i think she would be well suited doing broadway musicals and stuff. her version of somewhere over the rainbow was excellent. :yes:

Kat............the polls (DialIdol) are showing that Taylor has won with about 55-45 or something to that effect........and I'm not shocked that this forum is even more in favor of him (since the average age is older than your average Idol voter).........kind of lame because I really wanted Kat to win......

......well, I'll be honest. I don't watch this show. But the pictures of kat? They made me care. :wink:

namkcuR said:

How can you vote for Taylor over Katherine? He's like, a weird spastic Elvis/Kenny Rogers hybrid karoke imitator. Katherine is hot and a much better singer.

I don't get this 'best 2-out-of-3' mindset. Taylor hasn't given a single performance in the entire competition as good as Katherine's 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' performances. That's it. That's all you need to see/hear to know that she is the better singer.

I voted last night based on the last few weeks. Taylor has "brung" it every time. Kat has not. (umm...how many weeks did she forget her words?) Also last night I felt like Katw as just going through themotions. Yes SWOTR was good but it was the EXACT same performance as last week (snore) And the last song (although) awful she just looked like she was just blah blah it. And she should be hot with the amount of work the stylists have done with her.

This I guess is all a moot point. I wanted Chris to win so instead of refraining from voting I voted for the second best. I also think Taylor adds a something a little different to the music out there whereas Kat will be another cookie cutter pop tart whose song I hear and have to ask "now which one is this?"

Lila64 said:
3rd song/the single:
Kat's song was boring :yuck: She didn't even try to put any effort into making it her own.

I can't agree with that - no one else has ever sung it. She doesn't have to do anything to "make it her own."

That's one of my least favorite criticisms from the judges. "You made it your own!" Uh ... what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom