American Idol 5 - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taylor Or Kat

• Taylor

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Katharine

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've seen a few shows and was very much rooting for taylor but last night's show turned me off to him in a huge way. i seriously thought he could do alot better with the song choices. but i have a feeling he will win.

Over the Rainbow can go away now!:yawn: Kat is so boring. Voted for Taylor! :yes: (where's my crushed velvet jacket from the 70's.:hmm: )

This contest was decided when Chris was eliminated 3 weeks ago.

Taylor will crush Katharine. Dialidol and all other sites confirm it.

Katharine is a good singer. However, she would fit better in a Broadway show than in an arena.

Taylor is a disaster, in my opinion. But, somehow, a lot of voters seem to like him.

Soul Patrol x 1,000,0000 = new American Idol

Sad but true

There's not a doubt in my mind that Taylor has this wrapped up! I thought his performances last night were pretty lackluster, compared with his energy early on in the season... Last night, it was like he knew he could sing the phone book and still win, so he didn't care as much... he's got this thing wrapped up! This is the most boring finale ever! If Chris were in it, it would have been close... oh well. i'm just glad that this season is over... i thought it was the worst one ever...

^ :up: I agree with your assessment about last night's show whole heartedly. I would just have to add that Kat didn't do herself any favors last night. She just didn't step it up enough to make it interesting.... This was the first year that I got into this show and must say that I will actually miss watching it. :nerd: :reject:

AI:rockon:

talent wise, i think this season was one of the weakest. I mean Kevin Covias and Bucky Covington made the top 12....Come on, come on !!

But, I will say that I liked the contestants personalities alot this season. They had a certain "likeability factor".....

<----starting to sound like Simon:shifty:

I thought Taylor was good on the Stevie Wonder song, but incredibly boring on "Levon." Katharine seemed to be pretty much going through the motions, and I can't blame her. She knows as well as the rest of us that she ain't taking that crown.

AI-Finale

I was so unbelievably nervous. (Taylor and Katharine to Golightly Grrl, “Hey, Red, how do you think we felt?”)

It was really good to see the AI contestants in the audience. Kellie’s new short ‘do looks so cute. But I am so sick of that icky tool, Constantine. You could get genital warts just looking at him. Gross.

Round One
Kat (Black Horse and the Cherry Tree)-Well, at least she didn’t sing this song on her knees. It was just okay. I guess this was one of her top performances during this AI season, but I wasn’t too thrilled. Simon was correct; it was good with a small “g.”

Taylor (Livin’ For the City)-Fashion-wise, the man needs help. His purple velvet jacket looked like it had been pulled out of the hamper at the last minute. But performance/singing wise, Taylor knows exactly what he’s doing. I was positively electrified by his performance. I was grinning from ear to ear and I nearly jumped on my coffee table to dance. He sang this so effortlessly. Randy was right. It was a hot one!!!

Round Two
Kat (Somewhere Over the Rainbow)-I thoroughly enjoyed Kat’s performance of this song and she actually brought some genuineness and warmth. It wasn’t too over the top. Some people complained that maybe she shouldn’t have sung a song that she sang so recently, but I’m completely flummoxed what other song she should have sung. I guess her past performances haven’t been too memorable to me.

Taylor (Levon)-Some people thought Taylor’s performance was rather underwhelming and meh, but I was touched. I thought he was very heartfelt and earnest. I actually cried.

Round Three-Coronation Songs of Dreck
Kat-(My Destiny)-More like “My Dysentery.” I could write a better song using the words I get from a game of Boggle. But it wasn’t just the song; I thought Kat’s vocals were average at best and her lower register is painful to listen to.

Taylor-Do I Make You Proud?-Now granted, Taylor could write a better song after a rib and pancake bender and I’m sure if I took a clear-eyed look at the actual lyrics, I’d find them rather lame, but of course, Taylor made this song so soulful. He really made it his own. “Do I make you proud?” Yes, Taylor. You do.

I’d love Taylor to win this thing even though I worry how 19Evil will treat him. Hopefully, some open-minded and compassionate folks at 19E will trust him, but who knows? I know I’ll being buying his CD.

Actually the biggest winner of this season’s AI has been Daniel Powter. His song, “Had a Bad Day” is a huge hit and I’m glad he was a good sport and performed on the show. I loved the montage of contestants and I got up and cheered when they showed our sweet bubbeleh, Elliott.

Wow, after tomorrow night, I can actually get back to living my real life.

Golightly Grrl said:
AI-Finale

Round Three-Coronation Songs of Dreck
Kat-(My Destiny)-More like “My Dysentery.” I could write a better song using the words I get from a game of Boggle. But it wasn’t just the song; I thought Kat’s vocals were average at best and her lower register is painful to listen to.

Taylor-Do I Make You Proud?-Now granted, Taylor could write a better song after a rib and pancake bender ...

:lmao:

I'm gonna miss you GoLightly Grrl! :hug:

I too will miss your takes GoLightly Grrl!!!!

Cheers

I want Taylor to win. I think he has a great personality, individual character, wonderful voice and very strong stage presence.

That being said I dreamt last night about the AI finale and guess who won in my dream. Katherine.

So :shrug:

Who knows?

***SPOILER ALERT***

according to mjsbigblog:

This ETonline article hints that there's a big surprise in store tonight:

"...Katharine revealed a few clues! "There's a big surprise that out of all the contestants only me and Taylor know about, so trust us it's pretty big, something that's never happened on the show!"

Nigel Lythgoe also hinted there's be some big surprises tonight on Ryan Seacrest's radio show this morning...

Check it out. Brad Hicks, Taylor Hicks's Dad was interviewed by the Birmingham News. They spilled Taylor's duet partner for tonight:

"One thrill, the family says, was meeting legendary record producer Clive Davis. They're also looking forward to seeing Taylor perform "In the Ghetto" on the finale with Toni Braxton"

Thank you Jena

Good morning! Meatloaf has been confirmed as a performer for tonight's finale. He'll be duetting with Katharine McPhee. But other than that, I got nothin'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and there were rumors yesterday of Elliott doing a duet tonight with.... Mary J. Blige :hmm:

Maybe the surprise is that Ryan and Simon will kiss! Finally, all that sexual tension released!

:hyper:

:wink:

Numb1075 said:
can they bring back the guy who sang "Copa Cabana"?:drool:

:lmao: :lmao:

another Spoiler!!!!

Barry Manilow and Kevin Covais will sing:

I Got You Babe

Or, dare I say William Hung and Ricky Martin dueting "She bangs"

that still has me in stiches that out of all the songs in the world to choose for your addition, he chooses that song.:giggle:

MSNBC

William Hung became an overnight sensation after performing his shockingly bad and endlessly entertaining rendition of Ricky Martin's song, “She Bangs” on “Idol” a couple years ago.

Tucker Carlson got a breakdown of this year's finale with William Hung. This is a transcript of their conversation.

TUCKER CARLSON, HOST, "THE SITUATION": You have actually been in the arena. You've felt the blood, the sweat, and the tears of “American Idol” personally. Who do you think is stronger, Taylor Hicks or Katharine McPhee?

WILLIAM HUNG, “AMERICAN IDOL” WANNABE: I'm not sure. It was very close last week.

CARLSON: Who do you think is fundamentally the stronger candidate, though? Which one is more talented would you say?

HUNG: I hope Katharine wins tomorrow.

CARLSON: What's your favorite performance been this season so far?

HUNG: Favorite performance? In terms of “American Idol”?

CARLSON: Right, “American Idol.”

HUNG: Well, there were at least four or five or six of them that the performance that really—really memorable. I thought when Chris Daughtry sang “Walk the Line,” he did a great job on it.

CARLSON: So you join in the chorus of millions of American who say Chris Daughtry was robbed then? Were you upset when he was booted off the show?

HUNG: I was disappointed.

CARLSON: So what you doing now? Tell us about your career.

HUNG: Me? I've been traveling and performing a lot. As some of you may know, I was the artichoke king at the artichoke festival just this past weekend.

CARLSON: Yes, in Castorville, California, the artichoke capital of the world.

HUNG: Yes.

CARLSON: Do you keep in touch with the judges, with Paula Abdul or Simon Cowell? Randy Jackson?

HUNG: I was able to see Randy quite a bit. I also saw Paula a year ago or so at the Kids Choice kids awards.

CARLSON: I assume you watch “American Idol” regularly. Do you think that Simon Cowell has gotten meaner? Gotten to be a tougher judge over the years?

HUNG: I think he's just doing his job. I think the producers are part of it, too.

CARLSON: Yes. You think the producer pushes him to be mean?

HUNG: Perhaps. I'm not sure.

CARLSON: What's your favorite song to perform?

HUNG: I like “Achy Breaky Heart.”

I think, honestly, it's ironic to like William Hung. And everyone is kind of laughing at you and laughing with you at the same time. I think you're pretty good. I think you're great, William Hung.

HUNG: Thank you.

CARLSON: I hope your third album sells well. Thanks a lot for joining us tonight.

from mjsbigblog:

I found this on TWOP, but it's making it's way around the message boards (including the comments here, thanks guys)--apparently Fox News reported that the "surprise" is a major female recording artist with a record producing husband. The reporter asked the source if it was Celine Dion, and she just smiled.

also rumored yesterday was that Kat has allergies and had a cortisone shot prior to her performance

and if you want to watch Taylor's "Do I Make You Proud" performance... go here: Taylor Hicks-DIMYP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom