American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So was that screamy girl at the end butchering Lady Marmalade at the very end, the same screamy tan clueless blonde girl from earlier in the show? Did she audition twice? Or were there really two girls in Chicago that were screamy, overly tan, clueless and horrid?

I'm thinking they were the same person.

A lot of that show is edited. The judges don't really make THAT many faces in front of people performing. And a lot of the people are given more time than shown.

corianderstem said:
So was that screamy girl at the end butchering Lady Marmalade at the very end, the same screamy tan clueless blonde girl from earlier in the show? Did she audition twice? Or were there really two girls in Chicago that were screamy, overly tan, clueless and horrid?

Oh she was the same girl alright! Did she even have a brain in her "suntanned" body. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Her makeup was atrocious, she couldn't sing, her mother :no: Horrible, just horrible. And the 18 year old blond her cursed her way thru and out of the audition. I can't believe that SO MANY PEOPLE are clueless (thinking they have talent).

But the twins tonite - actually could sing, not like in past years. We'll see how far they get.

And WTF were they thinking when they let spaz boy through? Did they do it to spite Simon?

And if you don't know the words to Lady Marmalade, which includes lyrics in French, DON'T SING THE SONG
smackhead.gif

I couldn't decide which was appropriate :hmm:

alien.gif
DANCE70.gif

HelloAngel said:
The cop who kept singing I Shot the Sheriff had me in tears. :lmao:

yes! that was horrid... :giggle: i liked the second set of twins- thought they were great. :up: it will be interesting to see what happens to the young Frank Sinatra-sounding guy...

the Ukranian woman should have auditioned to be a stripper! :wink:

Yeah, that spazzy guy at the end was a huge WTF moment for me. He had a decent voice, but the eyes rolling back in his head and his demeanor in general were just ... wrong.

How could they let him through with no question and then be iffy on those two sisters who had very good voices? I must have missed something if the judges said their vocals needed work.

I shot the sheriff, But I did not shoot the deputy.

YellowKite said:

That was hysterical. Do you think Simon had an issue with Broadway tunes or the outfit?

What we actually heard of him wasn't worse than some of the stuff they let go on and on.

The outfit was the best part

Yea I can't believe they let the hyper-jumping guy through. I think it was just to spite Simon, but I'm sure there was probably someone there who had a better voice and was more serious who could've gone to Hollywood instead. Oh well.

Yea the cop guy was funny. When he started singing I kept thinking that his co-workers must've buttered him up and told him he was good, and then he went to try out. Could he have been serious really?

Lila64 said:
the sad part is if the guy was chosen to spite Simon AND if he has to pay his own way to get to Hollywood :eyebrow:

Do they have to pay their own way? I wonder how that works. I would think that Idol would be getting them set up in Hollywood, but it might be that they have to at least get there under their own power.

Interesting. :hmm:

I think that Ukrainian girl was a professional, if you catch my drift.

The mother-daughter combo - LOL!!

corianderstem said:

Twas the same person. :yikes:

*Ally* said:

it will be interesting to see what happens to the young Frank Sinatra-sounding guy...

He was AWESOME. I love his voice, defintiely experienced, I must say. It's built so perfectly and it's so strong and unwavering.
But I'm starting to think that he won't make it past the next round simply because he doesn't have a "popular" voice. But I could see him becoming a star, albeit a small jazz star, on his own. :up:

Simon is da man. If you look at past American Idol history, you will see that he is often the most accurate judge in all performances and can predict fairly accurately who will win the competition.

On the contrary, Paula is just useless. What is the point of being so nice to every damn contestant ???

Back
Top Bottom