American Idol 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:

Dear Taylor Hicks:

Every time you lean back from the mike and give a "spontaneous" WHOO! or a HEY!, an angel dies. Violently. By my count, you slaughtered 5 angels and maimed another 3 or 4 after you stopped singing.

Sincerely, A Gal Who Used To Be On Your Train, But Is No Longer, Thanks To You Riding Her Last Nerve

:lol:

I still love Taylor Hicks, but...yeah...his noises are getting a bit annoying. I also thought last night's performance was my least favorite of his.

That guy Chris (with the Amish looking beard?) man his voice is as smooth as silk--but I almost have to close my eyes when I listen to him--but he's growing on me. Looks aren't everything I guess.

Elliot looks amish:ohmy:

That's not going to get a lot of votes....especially since the Amish demographic do not have phones....Perhaps they can send messenger pigeons to the AI vote tally people.:wink:

1. Taylor - Easy (The Commodores): Yes, the “woohs” and weird mannerisms are a bit disconcerting at times, but that can be worked on. Taylor is truly talented and his love for music just overflows. He makes me happy. And he can take criticism like an adult unlike some people (I’m looking in your direction, Brenna).

2. Elliott - Moody's Mood for Love (Stevie Wonder/James Moody and others): He has one of the best voices among the guys, but his stage presence leaves something to be desired. He needs to bring more confidence to his performance. Seeing his mom wipe away a tear got me all verklempt.

3. Ace Gyllenhaal - If I'm Not Made For You (Daniel Bedingfield): With all that eye shagging, I better not be pregnant! I like Ace and I think he’s talented, but he has to do more than bring the pretty.

4. Gedeon - Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke): He has a big raise the roof voice and he can really sell a song. I was hoping it wouldn’t suck because I love Sam Cooke. Gedeon has an old school R & B vibe that I like.

5. Kevin - Heard It Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye): Today “Chicken Little”, years from now, “The 40-year-old Virgin.”

6. Jose - Overjoyed (Stevie Wonder): Very weak and a bit off pitch. I was hoping he’d do better. I expect more from such a charismatic performer.

7. Will - Lady (Kenny Rogers): He can sing but he’s as soulful as a moldy bath mat. Very cheesy and I’m from Wisconsin so I know cheese.

8. Bucky - The Thunder Rolls (Garth Brooks): Good song choice for his voice and personae. Somehow how his hick schtick doesn’t grate like Kellie’s does.

9. David - The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra & Others): Teen Martin get off my TV. Somehow I don’t think Michael Buble and Harry Connick, Jr. have anything to worry about.

10. Chris - Hemorhage (Fuel): What a great way to end the show. He definitely the type I like-a total rocker boy.

All in all the guys gave much better performances than the girls and they were actually memorable.

Chris and Elliot were my favs this week. Chris picked a great song and really rocked it. Elliot has such a lovely voice, I hope these guys both go far.

Taylor let me down a bit this week. Hopefully he'll stay in though, as he is entertaining to watch.

Who is going home tonight?

Possibly Brenna and Melissa
and
Kevin and Jose

Those are my picks.

I'm annoyed at how the judges beat down Jose. I might be a bit biased since he's from my area (only about 20 min. actually) but I think he's a fabulous singer and he didnt deserve that abuse.

The rocker guy sucked, in my opinion yet they totally praise him.

Whatever!

I thought Jose was really impressive in the auditions, but I haven't cared for his singing either of the times he's sang in the finals.

So...Crooner & Sway are out... No surprise there. Crooner bugged me, and Sway - EW&F last week was better - nothing impressive this week. Kevin was spared. I'm surprised Donny Osmond made it thru another week...

No surprise about Heather or Brenna tonite either. What was with Heather's hair? :tsk:

And I really do like Chris :up:

I think it was obvious that Paula Abdul was high on pills this episode. What was that analogy she was trying to convey?:yikes:

the "gangsta" dude w/ the glasses and the bobby brady kid will be gone next week....perhaps Bucky the following week.

Sway has a good voice. Needed to work on his act - but they all do. The chicken-little guy was not nearly as good. They got rid of Brenna just in time. She is just plain annoying! My impression of Paula was that she was on something, too.

Agree with Ms. MacPhisto on the guys. Still pulling for Chris!

Numb1075 said:
I think it was obvious that Paula Abdul was high on pills this episode. What was that analogy she was trying to convey?:yikes:

The Paula Abdul thread in www.televisionwithoutpity.com is titled, "Paula Abdul: Better Living Through Chemisty" :giggle:

by my favorite is the Randy Jackson title, "Randy Jackson: Life's A Journey. Bring A Thesaurus"

At last, our long, national nightmare has ended. Brenna got voted off of “American Idol.” Thanks for the birthday present, Idol voters. Of course, she couldn’t leave with any dignity. I’m sure there is a poll with her name at some strip club in the middle of nowhere.

Heather who?

Granted, I wasn’t a fan of Teen Martin’s crooning, but I like David Radford. He’s a sweet kid. I’m sure he’ll make a great Sky Masterson in Sweet Valley High’s production of “Guys and Dolls.”

I would have chosen Kevin to leave over Sway, but oh well.

And could have Paula been anymore “Valley of the Dolls?” I thought she was going to stand up on the judges’ table and shout, “I’m Neely O’Hara” at the top of her lungs.

ETA: Justin 24, thanks for the link to Taylor's (the future Mr. Golightly Grrl) CD. I'm going to buy it.

Okay I loved this episode!! I don't know what part was the best....
Paula high on pills? (could she even open her eyes?!?!?)

Brenna telling America it is time to make some money and for Clive to call her. (she obviously took some of Paula's pills-I would have paid to see Clive Davis' reaction)

Heather's hair? (Yes I had a crimper too---IN 1988!!!!)

God this was awesome!!!

By the way---can anyone understand Bucky when he talks? Just curious.

Final Twelve?

Mandisa
Kellie
Katharine
Lisa
Paris
Melissa

Ayla
Kinnik

Chris
Elliott
Ace
Gideon
Taylor
Bucky

Will
Kevin

Pretty good guestimating there Westport. I might switch Melissa and Ayla though - depends what they do next week...

Lila64 said:
Pretty good guestimating there Westport. I might switch Melissa and Ayla though - depends what they do next week...

The guys are pretty much locked but the girls are a little more of a wild open field. Kinnik is going home but its that last position... almost all of them seem somewhat vulnerable.

Melissa has more natural talent than Ayla and she has a passion for the music.. I've laid out my feelings on Paris though there's no denying her talent and she seemed a little more genuine on Thursday.. But she is young as is Lisa but maybe that skews in their favor given the voting demographics of audience.. Katharine almost seemed to shrink into a catatonic stupor after being critizied for the first time.. Time to step it up next week. Kellie...clearly not the most talented but with her it probably doesn't matter.. Mandisa. Great, great voice but Wow...during that dance number on Thursday, she looked like one of those animated hippos with a tutu.

Westport said:
Final Twelve?

Mandisa
Kellie
Katharine
Lisa
Paris
Melissa

Ayla
Kinnik

Chris
Elliott
Ace
Gideon
Taylor
Bucky

Will
Kevin

Haven't been paying close attention to the gals. I think Will will make it through even if he has an off night next week (was actually quite good this week even if the song was bland), it's teh cute with him. Kevin will have to have a great performance in order to make it through. I think the other one to go will be either Gedeon, Bucky or Elliott - whoever has the worst night.

Bono's Doll said:
That guy Chris (with the Amish looking beard?) man his voice is as smooth as silk--but I almost have to close my eyes when I listen to him--but he's growing on me. Looks aren't everything I guess.
Sorry it was Elliott I was thinking of. :ohmy:

Mandisa - I'm Every Woman - great performance!

Liked Kellie's choice of song, and I still like Katharine and Lisa as well. And Ayla... I think Kinnik is gone next week, possibly Melissa too

Back
Top Bottom