Alright, football (non-American football) lovers, ask a lady...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry and Campbell i think.

Sol has been rock solid at the last few international tournaments and Rio has been looking at bit shakey as of late.

Terry is just world class and a first choice starter for sure.

On current form it should actually be Carragher and King at Centre-Back, I think. However we've got so many good centre backs at the moment I think we should be playing three of them and then King in the holding midfield role as well.
I don't think I can recall one good game Terry has had for England though. He seemed to be marking fresh air and ball watching again on Saturday, just doesn't look the same player if he's not playing next to Gallas.
My England XI for Germany providing everyone is fit (and Ferdinand's poor form continues and Terry still doesn't manage to replicate his club form) would be as follows:
P.Robinson
S.Campbell J.Carragher J.Woodgate
G.Neville A.Cole
S.Gerrard L.King F.Lampard
W.Rooney M.Owen

Last edited:
1stepcloser said:
he's just torn his hamstring again apparently. that guy is just too injury prone to be an international regular.

He's too injury prone to be a footballer full stop. I recently read somewhere Beckham was to double his efforts to learn Spanish, because Woodgate could already speak fluently, Christ the time he's had off Woodgate should be fluent in every language in the world.

I'd still argue that Woodgate is actually the most accomplished Centre-Back England have. He's not occasionally careless (Ferdinand) and he can pass the ball further than ten yards (Campbell). As far as the World Cup goes at most he needs to stay fit for seven games which he can manage.

Contrary to popular belief (whilst their decision to sign Beckham over Ronaldinho was moronic in football terms it made perfect financial sense) Real Madrid are not stupid. They paid a lot of money for Woodgate because he is a very good player, if they'd wanted Campbell or Ferdinand they could have had them, they didn't, they wanted Woodgate which given his injuries only further shows how highly they rate him. He's very well liked in Madrid and as soon as he gets a decent run everyone will be talking about him.

Maybe he's learnt Spanish because he's not as thick or lazy as another nameless Englishman at Real Madrid.

It's funny when the guys from England talk about football...You have one of the worst teams in Europe (face it, that's a fact) and your players go and ask for bonus if they take the world cup....
Is this action a serious man's action..?
You have only won 1 world cup with the referee's help in your stadiums and you go and ask for a bonus..?
Let's be serious...
When you have players like Crouch (is this his name..?):yikes:
He's the worst player in the whole world...!!!

menelaos said:
It's funny when the guys from England talk about football...You have one of the worst teams in Europe (face it, that's a fact) and your players go and ask for bonus if they take the world cup....
Is this action a serious man's action..?
You have only won 1 world cup with the referee's help in your stadiums and you go and ask for a bonus..?
Let's be serious...
When you have players like Crouch (is this his name..?):yikes:
He's the worst player in the whole world...!!!

The current Champions League holders are from which country?

tarquinsuperb said:

The current Champions League holders are from which country?

I'm talking for the national teams...
And if you 're kind enough, can you remind me who won the last Euro 2004..???
I just can't remember....It was... how do we call them..??? aahhhh yeahhhh Greece...

God was sleeping during the Champions League Final and you won...

Greece is the worst team that won Euro champ. God woke up realised what he did and didn't send you to World cup next summer.And I thank him for that because Greece plays the most boring football in the world.I am not Englishman nor Brasilian but a football fan who will pray for England- Brasil final in 2006.

Yeah right Greece plays the most boring football and England plays the most attractive....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice joke...You 've made my day....And what if we never take any cup again...We won Portugal twice and in front of their people...That's enough for me for the next 20 years....At least we won France that uually beats you...:shrug:

Every once in a while sport, whether it be football, tennis, rugby, or whatever, will through up a freak result or outcome, sure greece's performance in Euro 2004 was spectacular, but as usual the cream always floats to the top, & the natural order is restored, therefore greece will watch the World Cup on TV, and see ENGLAND reign supreme as the greatest footballing nation on the planet.

menelaos said:
Just saw Crouch losing that penalty-kick...
Omg you have that player in your national team...?
Well Ronaldinho, I 'm telling you man, go hide...

Can't argue with you on that point, how in Gods name he plays football and gets paid for it is totally beyond me

Crouch will never play another match for England again. If he does then we will be a laughing stock :reject:

however....

i firmly believe we can beat Brazil should we end up playing them at the World Cup at some point.

What a brilliat thread!
I do not see how anyone can say England are not a quality team. Look at the players

Robinson: Brilliant keeper

At centre back two of the three from Campbel, Ferdinand and Terry. Rock solid. no-one seems to mention carragher these days, but he would be an awesome replacement if we had injuries.

Full backs: Neville and Cole. Two quality full backs. do a very sound job at the back, but also make overlaps and get them selves into attacking positions regularly. For me thats what sorts the average full back from the top class full back.

Defensie mid (if we play one): Ledley King. Cool head at the back, cleans up the loose balls and turns defense into attack.

Right side: Becks. Freekicks, crossing and long balls, he is the best in the game FACT. (ok maybe joint on freekicks with that Juninho fella at Lyon). And for all you anti-Bolton brigade out there, longballs DO have a place in football.

On the left: Joe Cole. Bags of energy. Whenever he gets brought on as a sub he always gives us an extra boost.

In the middle: Gerrard and Lampard. These two are so good it frightens me! This combination is probably worth £70million.

Up front: Owen and Rooney. Owen's goalscoring record is immense. fast and has the skill to create chances for himself. good in the air as well for a small fella. Rooney is an amazing finisher, and his strength means its hard to wrestle him off the ball. Can be asked to drop deeper as well if we are wanting to defend a lead.

From the looks of this thread, England are oe of the most hated teams in the world, but we are used to that!

Hey Menelaos. Congrats to Greece on their Euro 2004 win, but don't see how you can slag a team off thats qualified for the world cup! You do have some good players though, I remember charisteas (sorry about the spelling) he looked good. And Stelios Gianakkopulos is very good also. But im a Bolton fan so im probably biased!

Back
Top Bottom